Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Naylor Report... selling NHS assets ASAP (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704961)

Taf 01-06-2017 12:07

The Naylor Report... selling NHS assets ASAP

The Naylor Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3hrpDCct8

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Damien 01-06-2017 12:38

Re: The Naylor Report... selling NHS assets ASAP

errr?

RizzyKing 01-06-2017 12:47

That link took me to some Brazilian video so nothing to do with the nhs.

Taf 01-06-2017 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35901336)
errr?

DOH! at my end, fixed now.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35901338)
That link took me to some Brazilian video so nothing to do with the nhs.

DOH! at my end, Fixed now.

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

I sent the link to several national newspaper, SIX have contacted me asking for more info.

ianch99 01-06-2017 13:37

Disgraceful ... thanks for the find ..

Has TM just given Jeremy more ammunition?

nomadking 01-06-2017 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35901351)
Disgraceful ... thanks for the find ..

Has TM just given Jeremy more ammunition?

What find?

An INDEPENDENT report with SUGGESTIONS, published 2 months ago.

Mr K 01-06-2017 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35901352)
What find?

An INDEPENDENT report with SUGGESTIONS, published 2 months ago.

The PM said she's ' backing it's proposals' in her Andrew Neil interview. It's about flogging off NHS assets to the private sector.

nomadking 01-06-2017 14:38

Quote:

This work suggests that the NHS can release £2bn of assets and deliver 26,000 homes and with an effective programme of interventions in high value propositions in London, this could significantly increase the property receipts to a figure exceeding £5bn in the longer term.
Quote:

Despite the fact that gross proceeds will in many cases be subsumed in reprovision costs, this investment could dramatically reduce backlog maintenance and will produce a fit for purpose, more cost efficient estate, which enables better patient care.
How evil can you get?:rolleyes:

Quote:

11) At a minimum, the Department of Health (DH) and HM Treasury (HMT) should provide robust assurances to STPs that any sale receipts from locally owned assets will not be recovered centrally provided the disposal is in agreement with STP plans. This report recommends that HMT should provide additional funding to incentivise land disposals through a “2 for 1 offer” in which public funds match disposal receipts.
IE not only do they keep the money, for every £1 they raise they get an extra £1 in funding.

Quote:

14) Land vacated by the NHS should be prioritised for the development of residential homes for NHS staff, where there is a need. The NHS Property Board should support this.

ntluser 05-06-2017 20:15

Though the government often says we are spending more money than previously on the NHS perhaps we need to ask how we are spending it and if there are better ways to get value for money.

RizzyKing 05-06-2017 22:49

The NHS is like all government departments wasting vast sums of money that could be better spent and should be better spent but it's been going on so long it's become an unquestioned culture.

Osem 11-06-2017 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35901838)
The NHS is like all government departments wasting vast sums of money that could be better spent and should be better spent but it's been going on so long it's become an unquestioned culture.

... and of course those wasting the money have every reason to blame someone else, especially a government which is trying to make savings which might cost them their jobs.

richard1960 11-06-2017 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35901838)

Perhaps you could tell us where this waste is as working in the NHS these last few years I have seen cut back after cut back in services such as mental health.

And cash going to private PFI companies as well as virgin healthcare taking huge amounts of cash as sercives are privatised,still at least the private sector does not waste cash right.?

And a vast increase on people needing social care farmed out to the oh so efficient private sector paid for out of public sector funding .

Ramrod 11-06-2017 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1960 (Post 35902800)
Perhaps you could tell us where this waste is

*sigh* I'll post this link again.
fyi: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b087rx6b

Osem 11-06-2017 15:29

How about the issuing of wholly unnecessary appointments generate an solely to achieve targets? Then there's all that purchasing which is ridiculously expensive and should be centralised to achieve economies or scale. In an organisation the size of the NHS it's as ridiculous to assume that there's no scope for efficiencies as it is to claim that certain areas such as social care aren't a huge problem and extra cost for the NHS. Agency nursing costs would be another huge area of waste.

1andrew1 11-06-2017 15:38

Worth reading this fact-checking piece https://fullfact.org/health/what-is-naylor-review/