Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Copying settings from failed box (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33697707)

kgollop 19-05-2014 20:52

Copying settings from failed box

Hi all, sadly my TIVO box has died and is due for replacement tomorrow. I note there is an option to copy TIVO settings from one box to another via the TV Anywhere site. Does anybody know if the failed TIVO will still be visible for a time once the replacement box is installed so I can copy settings from the failed box to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

MalteseFalcon 19-05-2014 20:57

Re: Copying settings from failed box

Can't remember if it was here or not, but someone provided a link where you can copy the series links over. Will try and find the link now, if someone else doesn't provide before hand.

kgollop 19-05-2014 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35699705)
Can't remember if it was here or not, but someone provided a link where you can copy the series links over. Will try and find the link now, if someone else doesn't provide before hand.

Thank you, I think it's this one: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

The boxswap part of the link makes it sound promising!

spiderplant 19-05-2014 21:24

Yes, that's the link. The settings should be available for two weeks after the box is swapped out.

kgollop 19-05-2014 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35699723)
Yes, that's the link. The settings should be available for two weeks after the box is swapped out.

Fantastic, thanks Spiderplant. That's a very handy feature!

kgollop 20-05-2014 13:19

Guessing my new box should not be repeatedly rebooting after copying the settings? :-/

kgollop 20-05-2014 16:32

Seems me new box was faulty too! Completely dead an hour after install. Now have a Samsung box which is (touch wood) up and running. Good service from VM and they had replaced the newly failed box within two hours. I've now managed to copy the series links over. I'm not seeing any planned recordings yet but I'm assuming I need to be a pit patient and let it finish downloading all the EPG data and sort itself out?

spiderplant 20-05-2014 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgollop (Post 35699905)
I've now managed to copy the series links over. I'm not seeing any planned recordings yet but I'm assuming I need to be a pit patient and let it finish downloading all the EPG data and sort itself out?

Yes, it takes a couple of hours. Do the series links show in Manage My Series Links already? (I've never actually seen that app work. It doesn't like accounts with more than 10 TiVos :))

kgollop 20-05-2014 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35699924)
Yes, it takes a couple of hours. Do the series links show in Manage My Series Links already? (I've never actually seen that app work. It doesn't like accounts with more than 10 TiVos :))

Thanks for letting me know. Yes the series links are showing and I've just started seeing planned recordings. It actually works beautifully (now I have a working box!) and has saved me a huge amount of time. Would be good for the techs/CS to do this as standard on a box swap, the ones that came out to me hadn't even heard of the feature. Certainly takes some of the pain away about having lost all my recordings :)

RichardCoulter 13-11-2016 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgollop (Post 35699711)
Thank you, I think it's this one: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

The boxswap part of the link makes it sound promising!

This thread is from 2014 and the link no longer works.

I've gone onto the TV Anywhere site and cannot find 'Copy TiVo settings', despite what the instructions say.

Can anyone help? I'm just trying to familiarise myself with this facility to be ready to transfer Series Links etc for when my V6 arrives.

Cheers.

BenMcr 13-11-2016 09:03

You'll only see it if you've got more than one TiVo already or if you've had a box swapped within the last 14 days.

daveybm 13-11-2016 11:04

Just out of interest I had a look at this and it shows 4 TiVo boxes although we only have,( and have only ever had) 2. Does any one know the reason for that?

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

After having a further look at Manage my TiVo it shows that 2 of the boxes are disconnected, but I still don't know where they came from.

RobboEdin 13-11-2016 11:13

Yes, there are reports of phantom TiVos on both the browser and app versions of TV Anywhere.
I have one too. Have you had your golden ticket for a free 2TB Virgin TV V6 yet?:xmas:

daveybm 13-11-2016 11:15

No but I wouldn't mind one !

RichardCoulter 13-11-2016 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35869468)
You'll only see it if you've got more than one TiVo already or if you've had a box swapped within the last 14 days.

That explains it Ben- thank you.