Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Superhub : Superhub just stopped working on wifi? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687319)

techguyone 28-04-2012 13:35

Superhub just stopped working on wifi?

Anyone else had this? My wi-fi is 'on' according to all my settings but I can't connect any device to it since this morning.

2 different Androids, one windows mobile phone and one desktop pc, so it's not the devices problem, but the routers, any ideas or suggestions?

Has there been a new firmware update been pushed though?

I did have a period of time yesterday when the internet (completely) went down, I assumed it was VM doing some maintenance or something.

SH Event log is saying this:

Time Priority Description
Sat Apr 28 09:45:11 2012 Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Sat Apr 28 09:44:54 2012 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Critical (3) DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not Established Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;

SnoopZ 28-04-2012 14:20

Re: Superhub just stopped working on wifi??

It has happened a few times for me and rebooting the modem and computer always fixes it.

p.s you need to edit your MAC address out from your post i think.

Kymmy 28-04-2012 14:24

Removed MACs from OP

One Pound 28-04-2012 15:57

I have those errors in my log, although I have wireless, just no internet connecivity. Rebooting doesnt help, support say theres a 2 day outage.

techguyone 28-04-2012 16:18

What's baffling me is that Internet is fine, just wireless isn't working, although router is indicating its on and ok

SnoopZ 28-04-2012 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35420311)
What's baffling me is that Internet is fine, just wireless isn't working, although router is indicating its on and ok

As to post #2 have you tried rebooting the modem and pc as this always fixes it for me?

techguyone 28-04-2012 16:59

I have separately, I'll power both down and leave off for a few and see

SnoopZ 28-04-2012 17:05

Try selecting 2.4Ghz in the wireless settings to see if that was the problem, i remember mine changed to 5Ghz once i also couldn't connect.

techguyone 28-04-2012 17:19

prolonged powerdown didn't work. It's still set to 2.4Ghz, odd thing is,to all intents and purposes the SH 'thinks' all is well according to the settings.

My Android phone reports.

virginmediaxxxxxxxx
Authenticating...

virginmediaxxxxxxxx
Connecting...

virginmediaxxxxxxxx
Obtaining IP address.

virginmediaxxxxxxxx
Connected.

virginmediaxxxxxxxx
remembered WPS available, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK

Then it disconnects and does it over and over, like it can't get in. I've reset the password etc, made the phone forget the network and rediscover it again (which it does) but it won't connect.

Wi-Fi LED on the SH stays on, no flashing (can't remember if that's normal or not)

SnoopZ 28-04-2012 17:58

I have no idea then, maybe someone else will know the problem.

Mick Fisher 28-04-2012 18:17

Re: Superhub just stopped working on wifi?

If on 2.4ghz make sure to use 145mbps then start manually changing channels till you find one that works. InSSider can help here as it can indicate how busy channels are.

Auto doesn't work. :(

For a long term solution switch the superhub to modem mode and connect a decent N router. The router section of the superhub is a really dreadful combination of bargain bucket hardware and firmware that just doesn't work.

qasdfdsaq 28-04-2012 18:21

Ethernet works then?

techguyone 28-04-2012 18:47

Yes Ethernet is fine, it's just the wi-fi bit that's gone West for some reason. (Although yesterday I had no internet at all for a while, presumably VM doing something)

jempalmer 28-04-2012 18:48

I have a similar problem that has become apparent after "upgrading" from 30 to 60mb. Wireless performance (although never good) has worsened. Whereas before the range was acceptable now it is useless. Also wireless devices are prone to disconnecting at will. Contacted VM to book a tech. Was agreed for Monday 30th. Checked online last night to find that there's no tech scheduled. Thought I'd call this morning to query but before I could the landline rang (automated message) to be told that the visit was arranged after all!

techguyone 28-04-2012 18:55

Haven't checked the upgrade thing yet,HOWEVER I turned off 'auto' changed it to a manual channel and ITS WORKING! yayy

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it lasts though.

(oddly enough I had set it to a manual channel some time previously, I suppose a firmware update had put it back to Auto?) it's not the sort of thing you look out for until there's a problem.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/04/8.png

I think my area isn't due for the update until June.