Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33643233)

Enuff 19-12-2008 00:18

Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

Quote:

Fata Lemes, 33, said that she was pestered for sex by customers at the Rocket bar and restaurant in London's Mayfair where waitresses were "treated as prostitutes". She claimed the bar was run "like a sex club".
The Dress looks OK to me...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2008/12/29.jpg

Link

moaningmags 19-12-2008 00:22

Re: Muslim Waitress Sacked for Refusing to Wear Red Dress.

I wouldn't wear that if they paid me triple. I'd have quit, wouldn't have waited for the sack.

zing_deleted 19-12-2008 00:23

Well if she does not want men to pester her why be a bar maid? her choice of job was her mistake tough luck I say

She says the bar was run like a sex club but didnt say it was a sex club . Go into any town centre pub and its like a meat market anyway what she expect? what does she expect from this a fat pay out cuz she is muslim? bet she has a good chance too

In the pic on the link she is showing her cleavage

moaningmags 19-12-2008 00:24

I agree, I would have thought serving alcohol would be against her beliefs.

zing_deleted 19-12-2008 00:28

she looks pretty wasted in her pic also ;) just a money grabbing scam. Wish I had something that made me a minority you know to expoilt. I got red hair people are always prejuduced towards me. Pay me pay me lol

Niles Crane 19-12-2008 00:55

Hold on a second.

Young, attractive, white woman AND a Muslim? She's not even wearing a veil! Hysterical support or hysterical opposition? I can hear Daily Fail minds exploding at this very moment.

punky 19-12-2008 10:52

Quote:

she was ordered to wear a clinging, sleeveless, bright red dress that had a plunging neckline and was open at the back.

Miss Lemes said she tried the outfit on and found it was "physically revealing and openly sexual".
Right-o....

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2008/12/28.jpg

Hmm.... Sleeveless? Check. Plunging neckline? Check. Open at the back? Check. Money-grabbing harpie who is trying to use her minority status to screw money out of a company? Check.

tweetypie/8 19-12-2008 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enuff (Post 34700220)

the bird wearing it dosent look to bad either.;)

Paul 19-12-2008 13:51

What has "Muslim" got to do with this exactly ?

Paul K 19-12-2008 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 34700519)

Quote:

Miss Lemes, a Bosnian Muslim, told an employment tribunal she had initially worn loose-fitting black clothes to work but claimed that after a week she was ordered to wear a clinging, sleeveless, bright red dress that had a plunging neckline and was open at the back.

Miss Lemes said she tried the outfit on and found it was "physically revealing and openly sexual".

She said: "It was indecent. If you put this dress on you might as well be naked. I did not want men looking at my body.

"I was brought up a Muslim, and am not used to wearing sexually attractive clothes."
Nothing like a minority trying to use being a minority to their advantage is there.

Chris 19-12-2008 14:42

I can well understand her not wanting to wear it, that red dress has a very obvious VPL. :D

Nugget 19-12-2008 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 34700564)
I can well understand her not wanting to wear it, that red dress has a very obvious VPL. :D

Mind you, having seen the picture that punky posted, you'd have thought that she'd have worn it just for the benefit of everyone else - there's a reason most blokes don't talk to the face, and this time it's because the face is 'orrible :erm:

papa smurf 19-12-2008 16:03

Quote:

more compensation

zing_deleted 19-12-2008 17:11

Quote:

I take it you didnt read the story Paul ;)

lauzjp 19-12-2008 17:27

I agree with zingle, why on earth would you take a job as a barmaid if you didn't expect a bit of hassle to go with the job... I get enough and I just work in a newsagents and a supermarket!

that is a really awful dress though! :rolleyes: