Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   One of a thousand (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674585)

Cozzy 05-02-2011 16:47

Re: One of a thousand

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35167784)
If it's not free for all VIP50's I'm going to be seriously annoyed. A lottery on who gets it for free isn't acceptable IMO.

Im with you on that ... BUT i just cant see VM making that kind of a cock-up ... must be for all VIP peeps including VIP30 unless they gonna use Tivo to widen the gap in VIP50 & VIP30 ... but must be a level field for all on the same package or it will be mutiny...

cant believe VM would be that silly .. must be a staggered introduction is the only sensible conclusion i can bring myself to think right now ... fingers crossed .. lmao

passingbat 05-02-2011 16:50

There's nothing wrong with doing a random selection of a 1000 VIP50 customers to get this, but they should have made it public before they did it. Then, everyone would have known what was going on and accepted that some would get it and others wouldn't.

Just like when they sent me an email after registering for TIVO, saying, becase I'd registerd, I would be one of the first to get it, they should also have said, after TIVO S1 oners.

There is too much being hidden about this Tivo launch and it's irritating long term, loyal customers IMHO.

TheDon 05-02-2011 16:50

I'm going to be more disappointed in missing the personalised remote.
Arguments on what to watch are so much easier when you can say "Who's name is on the remote?"

JoshC 05-02-2011 16:52

What's the URL? I've had nothing :-(

muppetman11 05-02-2011 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35167795)
There's nothing wrong with doing a random selection of a 1000 VIP50 customers to get this, but they should have made it public before they did it. Then, everyone would have known what was going on and accepted that some would get it and others wouldn't.

Just like when they sent me an email after registering for TIVO, saying, becase I'd registerd, I would be one of the first to get it, they should also have said, after TIVO S1 oners.

There is too much being hidden about this Tivo launch and it's irritating long term, loyal customers IMHO.

All comes down to bad communication again.

Firmsky 05-02-2011 16:53

I feel exactly the same as others, I'm pleased for people who have got it and to be honest VIP 50 customers give Virgin nearly £100 a month so why shouldn't they get it first. But I'm a VIP 50 customer and without meaning to chuck my toys out of the pram I would be very annoyed not to get this offer.

I'm not one to threaten to leave a company but it certainly would make me evaluate things when my contract is up at the end of this month.

knack 05-02-2011 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC (Post 35167798)
What's the URL? I've had nothing :-(

tivo.virginmedia.com/firstnamelastname

JoshC 05-02-2011 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firmsky (Post 35167800)
I feel exactly the same as others, I'm pleased for people who have got it and to be honest VIP 50 customers give Virgin nearly £100 a month so why shouldn't they get it first. But I'm a VIP 50 customer and without meaning to chuck my toys out of the pram I would be very annoyed not to get this offer.

I'm not one to threaten to leave a company but it certainly would make me evaluate things when my contract is up at the end of this month.

I give 108 quid and I got nothing. I'd be happy with the personalised remote. :D

Perfect Choice 05-02-2011 17:09

May be over 40,000 50MB customers, but this looks something for VIPs (TV/Phone/BB) only which will be much less in numbers?

So looks like there is an order of priority, Tivo1 first, VIP50 now, hopefully XLTV triple customers now (because that is me!!).

tweedie 05-02-2011 17:10

I asked

Quote:

Also are you able to shed any light on the criteria of the 1000 customers That received a TiVo remote through the post? Was it random selection of everyone or just a random selection of people on VIP50?

I ask as there are many existing customers that would love a shot at it yet some people who received one have only been a VM customer a matter of weeks. I know they would still be classed as "existing" but you get my point.

Many thanks*
And got

Quote:

Customers who registered their interest for the TiVo box and subscribe to the VIP package where the customers that had the remote sent to them as a marketing strategy.* These customers will be contacted once the roll out of the TiVo box has been confirmed and yes they will be classed as existing customers and subject to the relevant costs.
Regards

Andy C 05-02-2011 17:11

Yes, I'm also pretty annoyed at this utter shambles of a so-called rollout. VM get £106/m for service charges from me, plus call charges on top, I've been with them 12 years, have been an early adopter of all kit paying though the nose, field tested stb software, jumped on the pre-registration forms back in December and nothing at all. Personally I think it should have been a first come, first served thing, but no, as usually VM seem to be making a handful of people happy whilst annoying the majority.

Dunt 05-02-2011 17:11

This will put the cat amongst the pigeons. I received a remote this morning but am not a VIP50 subscriber. Only have 20meg BB. I didn't register either. Must be completely by luck. Cool though only heard about TiVo after looking it up this morning.
Definitely getting it though.

muppetman11 05-02-2011 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy C (Post 35167811)
Yes, I'm also pretty annoyed at this utter shambles of a so-called rollout. VM get £106/m for service charges from me, plus call charges on top, I've been with them 12 years, have been an early adopter of all kit paying though the nose, field tested stb software, jumped on the pre-registration forms back in December and nothing at all. Personally I think it should have been a first come, first served thing, but no, as usually VM seem to be making a handful of people happy whilst annoying the majority.

TIVO should be fully rolled out to all existing customers now , it seemed a great way of locking people into contract again and stop them leaving to Sky , but as usual another shambles from VM. Who makes these decisions at the top.

TheDon 05-02-2011 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedie (Post 35167810)
and subject to the relevant costs

So if they get it free, we get it free too?

Cozzy 05-02-2011 17:19

so from 1000 VIP50 customers (what we thought) ... it now appears its 1000 random customers of which some didnt even pre register ???? well VM you are the weakest link ... what a shambolic mess if its all true

needs confirming of course ... but ... tut tut VM