Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   One of a thousand (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33674585)

Cozzy 05-02-2011 16:09

Re: One of a thousand

I can only guess there must be more than 1000 VIP50 subscribers so theres gonna be a few very unhappy peeps if some get it free and others dont ... maybe they have to stagger the VIP50 peeps or they in fact have a shortage of trained staff in some areas causing delays .. who knows ??? the customer is usually the last to know :rolleyes:

I cant say I would be happy if some get it and others dont and I would be pretty unhappy even if i did get it and others didnt as it would be just wrong...

bit like the Lotto this .. not much chance of winning with the high odds .. lol ... great idea to give free boxes to VIP50 ... terrible way to do it if its only a select 1000

Confusion reigns but then we are talking about a big company so its nothing unusual

Cozzy

JayAy 05-02-2011 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35167738)
They had 41,400 50meg customers in Q4 last year, so, some amount less than that.

So we appear to have better than 1 in 41 chance of getting selected (better odds than winning the lottery by a good way). :)

Or putting it another way there will be 40,000 (I know, probably less) disgruntled VIP50 subscribers. :(

Firmsky 05-02-2011 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgepomone (Post 35167745)
Don't worry Firmsky I'm in the same boat as you. Don't forget our post is always a day behind everyone else. It has to get from Chelmsford.

I thought the same buddy but would of thought our names would have worked in the URL or are people thinking it won't work unless the remote's been dispatched?

WillPS 05-02-2011 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayAy (Post 35167760)
So we appear to have better than 1 in 41 chance of getting selected (better odds than winning the lottery by a good way). :)

Or putting it another way there will be 40,000 (I know, probably less) disgruntled VIP50 subscribers. :(

I used to be a 50meg customer, yet I didn't have VIP50 - I'm sure that over half of that number are the same.

Cozzy 05-02-2011 16:14

a second thought occurs .... perhaps its only peeps with common names like "John" or "Peter" or "Paul" until they can get the bird on the vid to redo everyones christian name ... pity those named Umbogo :D though my name aint that common either :shocked:

TheDon 05-02-2011 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firmsky (Post 35167763)
I thought the same buddy but would of thought our names would have worked in the URL or are people thinking it won't work unless the remote's been dispatched?

They might be doing batches.

Guess we'll never know unless someone who's name doesn't work suddenly starts working.

I know I'll be trying mine pretty frequently!

TheDon 05-02-2011 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozzy (Post 35167767)
a second thought occurs .... perhaps its only peeps with common names like "John" or "Peter" or "Paul" until they can get the bird on the vid to redo everyones christian name ... pity those named Umbogo :D though my name aint that common either :shocked:

That was my thinking too, got the vid to pop on a fair few John's, but nothing else.

I've got a pretty popular name so thought I might have a chance! Would be interesting to know the first names of the people who've got letters.

indie1982 05-02-2011 16:20

Looks like you lucky people also get access to a private TiVo forum!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Tivo/ct-p/Tivo

frobozz 05-02-2011 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35167769)
That was my thinking too, got the vid to pop on a fair few John's, but nothing else.

I got it to work on a nigel too

indie1982 05-02-2011 16:30

Do the links appear to be made up of your actual name or your username? Tried both, no free TiVo for me!

devilincarnate 05-02-2011 16:34

Got the vid up on my name and that is it? and also the community it said that i did have access?

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

Cozzy 05-02-2011 16:38

congrats if you get a personal greeting ... means you have a freebie remote in the post at a guess ... lucky devil :shocked:

dont suppose there was ever gonna be a perfect launch ... but this one is certainly weird and a little hard to swallow if some get it and others dont .. or at best a delay for staggered installs on those that miss first wave

TheDon 05-02-2011 16:40

If it's not free for all VIP50's I'm going to be seriously annoyed. A lottery on who gets it for free isn't acceptable IMO.

devilincarnate 05-02-2011 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cozzy (Post 35167783)
congrats if you get a personal greeting ... means you have a freebie remote in the post at a guess ... lucky devil :shocked:

dont suppose there was ever gonna be a perfect launch ... but this one is certainly weird and a little hard to swallow if some get it and others dont .. or at best a delay for staggered installs on those that miss first wave

No it was not personalised message so i am missing out on it:confused:

TheDon 05-02-2011 16:44

There's two videos, one says your first name, and shows the personalised remote.
If you get that one, you're on the list. If you don't, you're not.