Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Lobster 575 USB Data Cables (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33605300)

TheOne 22-12-2006 19:04

Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

Hi

Like some of you on here, i was frustrated with the fact that the data cables for the phones were virtually non-existent or didnt work.

After a month of hard searching online and local phone shops, i sent an email to Virgin in a very strong but polite manner :angel:, stating my frustration etc etc

They have kindly agreed to send me a data cable for free via 1st class royal mail within the next 7 days.

Maybe you guys should drop them an email and see where you get
P.S has anyone else received a Lobster 575 data cable off Virgin yet? Do they work? lol

Hope that helps
TheOne

AndyCambs 23-12-2006 07:48

Re: Lobster 575 USB Data Cables

To be honest, I found the Lobster 575 a very basic phone - after all, with a phone tariff of only £10 per month for 300+300, you can't expect a top of the range phone. Compared to the Sony Ericsson T610 which I was using on Orange - there's no bluetooth, no IR, and the battery life is not as good - it also has the "cheap quality" feel about it.
I had my Orange phone unlocked, and only used the Lobster in the short time between getting the Virgin account, and having the Orange phone unlocked, and number ported.
You can buy another phone - my understanding that it would be the PAYG costs on the website, which is fair enough.

My advice, if you have another phone, or someone else has another phone they are not using, then you might be better off with that and getting it unlocked.

TheOne 23-12-2006 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyCambs (Post 34184620)
To be honest, I found the Lobster 575 a very basic phone - after all, with a phone tariff of only £10 per month for 300+300, you can't expect a top of the range phone. Compared to the Sony Ericsson T610 which I was using on Orange - there's no bluetooth, no IR, and the battery life is not as good - it also has the "cheap quality" feel about it.
I had my Orange phone unlocked, and only used the Lobster in the short time between getting the Virgin account, and having the Orange phone unlocked, and number ported.
You can buy another phone - my understanding that it would be the PAYG costs on the website, which is fair enough.

My advice, if you have another phone, or someone else has another phone they are not using, then you might be better off with that and getting it unlocked.

yeah, thats the problem people in my family are abit slow on taking up new technology !!! so their phones are not very good. so i'm kinda stuck with the Lobster 575 so i thought i might as well try and get a data cable for it and make the most out of it

TheDaddy 23-12-2006 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyCambs (Post 34184620)

I use a Tmobil phone with Virgin, it didn't need to be unlocked ;)

AndyCambs 24-12-2006 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 34184907)
I use a Tmobil phone with Virgin, it didn't need to be unlocked ;)

Probably cos Virgin piggybacks off the T-Mobile network..........:)

TheOne 26-12-2006 18:30

Still waiting for my data cable to arrive, but most likely its due to the xmas backlog, so i'm sitting and waiting patiently

TheOne 27-12-2006 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOne (Post 34185880)
Still waiting for my data cable to arrive, but most likely its due to the xmas backlog, so i'm sitting and waiting patiently

got an email off Virgin this morning, saying the data cable is out of stock and that i'll get another email once its back in stock and will take 3 days from then to deliver

cant really complain :D

nobbyc42 29-12-2006 10:53

merry christmas all, talking of xmas i got virgin lobster 575 mobile for xmas ,my question is this where do i get the data cable and how do i use it once i have it to download music ringtones ete from my pc,also what software do i need if any using xp thanks you

zing_deleted 29-12-2006 10:57

:welcome: this thread and there is another one somewhere that actually makes it sound like there rocking horse poop.

TheOne 29-12-2006 18:37

Send virgin an email on the addres.. theteam (at) virginmobile.com or call 789 off your mobile and tell them you'd like a data cable.

I sent them a nice strong email and there kindly sending me one for free, so when i get it, i'll give it a test drive and report back on here

zing_deleted 29-12-2006 18:40

When ;)

TheOne 29-12-2006 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinglebarb (Post 34187411)
When ;)

when what? When did i email them ? ...last week

Druchii 30-12-2006 00:22

Nah, when you actually get it, if you get it ;)

TheOne 30-12-2006 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druchii (Post 34187641)
Nah, when you actually get it, if you get it ;)

yeah i guess so, but its just a matter of waiting now and seeing what turns up ...if anything at all

NickTheFox 30-12-2006 17:49

Just to let you know, I have received the data cable for my Lobster 575 from Virgin, unlike the one I got from Poland AND the cable I got from e-bay, the Virgin cable works fine.In the letter that arrived with the cable it said that I should have a CD also, but the cable is actually plug and play.Connect first to your phone and then PC, in MY COMPUTER it comes as an extra hard drive, you can now drag and drop MP3's into the audio file and use them as ringtones. I hope this helps....