Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : UK call centre (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705779)

Raider999 05-12-2017 10:34

UK call centre

Can anyone tell me what times I can get through to the UK based call centre please?

I tried to resolve a problem last evening and again this morning, both times I got through to India.

My problem is I called yesterday morning and asked for Premier Sports to be removed from my account and was told my January bill would be £X.

Late yesterday evening I received an e-mail stating PS was being removed from my additional box and my January bill would be £X + 38.

This morning the CS rep listened to what I said, then said 'you want Sky Sports removed?'

At this point I asked where she was based, was told India and I politely ended the call.

If I wanted to talk to India I would ring a take-away!

Apologies for the rant but have to get it off my chest to someone

RichardCoulter 05-12-2017 13:17

Re: UK call centre

I too would be interested to know the answer to your question as it's only set to get worse:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705647

According to some folks, there are no issues with these offshore call centres, though I suspect in a lot of cases it's a case of tip toeing around and wanting to be seen to be PC.

Stephen 05-12-2017 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35927516)
Can anyone tell me what times I can get through to the UK based call centre please?

I tried to resolve a problem last evening and again this morning, both times I got through to India.

My problem is I called yesterday morning and asked for Premier Sports to be removed from my account and was told my January bill would be £X.

Late yesterday evening I received an e-mail stating PS was being removed from my additional box and my January bill would be £X + 38.

This morning the CS rep listened to what I said, then said 'you want Sky Sports removed?'

At this point I asked where she was based, was told India and I politely ended the call.

If I wanted to talk to India I would ring a take-away!

Apologies for the rant but have to get it off my chest to someone

Casual racism is never going to get you help!

vincerooney 05-12-2017 18:03

Some of the Indian workers are very good and very polite. Fixed my box by sending a signal down and adding sky movies on then it didn’t work as part of VIP package so I was happy.

Some I struggle to understand and they must struggle to understand me which can be frustrating. So it is hit and miss

Raider999 05-12-2017 18:06

Cannot anyone answer the question?

Hugh 05-12-2017 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35927545)
I too would be interested to know the answer to your question as it's only set to get worse:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33705647

According to some folks, there are no issues with these offshore call centres, though I suspect in a lot of cases it's a case of tip toeing around and wanting to be seen to be PC.

Nice straw man argument there, Richard...

Your suspicions provide an enlightening insight into your views...

Here's a handy rule of thumb (as supplied by the author Neil Gaiman) - every time you use the phrase "politically correct" or "PC" (unless, of course, you are referring to a Personal Computer or a Police Constable ;) ), change it to “treating other people with respect”.

I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking “Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!” :D

Paul 05-12-2017 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35927546)
Casual racism is never going to get you help!

Prime example of over sensitivity I think.
We are here to help, not play the PC game.

RichardCoulter 05-12-2017 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35927589)
Nice straw man argument there, Richard...

Your suspicions provide an enlightening insight into your views...

Here's a handy rule of thumb (as supplied by the author Neil Gaiman) - every time you use the phrase "politically correct" or "PC" (unless, of course, you are referring to a Personal Computer or a Police Constable ;) ), change it to “treating other people with respect”.

I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking “Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!” :D

There's nothing wrong with treating people with respect and i've never said otherwise :confused:

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35927584)
Cannot anyone answer the question?

I'm afraid I can't, but in the past I have seen VM employees give the best time to call to increase the likelihood of getting through to the UK....if only I could remember when this was!

Hopefully one of them will see this thread.

Stephen 05-12-2017 20:10

Its nothing to do with 'PC' its not a nice thing to say at all. I deal with customers daily who call and say similar things like Glad I am speaking to an English person or i hate speaking to those foreigners.

I do point out that I am actually Scottish and even some colleagues get hit with I can't understand you, I want an English person when they here the Strong Glasgow accents.

nicknewark 06-12-2017 10:57

Go through all the phone options, and take 'Thinking of leaving us'. It will get you through to a UK based call centre.

Raider999 06-12-2017 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknewark (Post 35927655)
Go through all the phone options, and take 'Thinking of leaving us'. It will get you through to a UK based call centre.

Thanks for that

daveeb 06-12-2017 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35927710)
Thanks for that

1 > 1 > 4 > 5 last time I rang ;)

Russ 06-12-2017 21:33

Quote:

Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

And before it gets suggested that I'm racist, my son is half Indian.

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

Never had an issue when I get through to the UK.

daveeb 06-12-2017 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35927757)
Funny that isn't it?

I'd gladly pay more for a service if I knew it didn't come with Indian callcentres. I dread ever having to call Amazon's customer "service".

Whenever I've had to call VM tech support my heart sinks if the call gets picked up in India. I can say categorically I have never had a tech problem sorted when I was put through to someone in India.

You're right about Amazon I had a saga with them a few years ago. Scripted nonsense that didn't address the issue at all and left you back at square one.
It's not just Indian centres that are a problem, it's any where English isn't the first language or where scripts have to be adhered to (which usually equates to poor training). Some English call centres (BT spring to mind) leave a lot to be desired also.

RichardCoulter 06-12-2017 22:20

Quote:

Good thinking, this is what I shall do in future to avoid the foreign call centre. They often only serve to make a bad situation worse.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35927757)
Funny that isn't it?

Amazon say that they aim to have the best CS in the world, yet in reality their staff are an utter (unfunny) joke.