Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   [Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700306)

Taf 10-03-2015 17:17

[Updated] New BBC Top Gear trailer released

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-producer.html

Damn, that's my whole week of BBC viewing cancelled. :(

denphone 10-03-2015 17:28

Re: Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday

The sooner they get rid of that ignoramus the better.

papa smurf 10-03-2015 17:29

don't watch it myself -three prats driving cars most people can't afford doesn't appeal to me .

007stuart 10-03-2015 18:04

Top Gear

Jezza blows his top. Could this be the end of Top Gear?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Sorry didn't realise a thread had already been started

mods can you close please

v0id 10-03-2015 18:10

Re: Top Gear

To be honest this thread has a better link. The other one should be merged into this :p

Osem 10-03-2015 18:15

There's no arguing about the money they bring into the Beeb's coffers and I rather like their disdain for matters PC. However, over the years the way they behave, sound and look has become increasingly homogenised IMHO which is a pity. As a serious car show Top Gear is rubbish but as an entertaining and irreverent evening entertainment show it's great. I'd much rather watch these three 'children' larking about than any number of the same old 'comedians' and 'celebrities' currently infesting the other major channels in one non funny game show or another.

Unless this 'fracas' is far more serious that it appears, it'll be interesting to see whether the Beeb will cut off its nose to spite its face.

heero_yuy 10-03-2015 18:19

Top Gear without Clarkson. Unthinkable.

BBC about to commit suicide?

Hom3r 10-03-2015 18:28

IIRC JC owns part of Top Gear.

I can see it moving to a non BBC channel.

denphone 10-03-2015 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763821)
Top Gear without Clarkson. Unthinkable.

BBC about to commit suicide?

Clarkson has become a big liability so the sooner they get rid if him the better in my opinion as no one is bigger then the programme..

Damien 10-03-2015 18:42

It sounds like Clarkson might have gone too far. The BBC should tolerate his general controversial tendencies because that's what makes him what he is and let's that vibe sink into the show. However there are basic standards you would expect from someone in a workplace and if he has gone beyond making risqué jokes on TV to taking it out on the staff then the BBC can't accept that. Noting to do with broadcasting considerations and everything to do with the way a staff member behaves at work.

Sirius 10-03-2015 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35763820)
There's no arguing about the money they bring into the Beeb's coffers and I rather like their disdain for matters PC. However, over the years the way they behave, sound and look has become increasingly homogenised IMHO which is a pity. As a serious car show Top Gear is rubbish but as an entertaining and irreverent evening entertainment show it's great. I'd much rather watch these three 'children' larking about than any number of the same old 'comedians' and 'celebrities' currently infesting the other major channels in one non funny game show or another.

Unless this 'fracas' is far more serious that it appears, it'll be interesting to see whether the Beeb will cut off its nose to spite its face.

Well they get rid of him and they kill there cash cow.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35763827)
Clarkson has become a big liability so the sooner they get rid if him the better in my opinion as no one is bigger then the programme..

Tell you now if he goes the BBC will have kill the goose that lays its golden eggs.

Its the only BBC program i watch and if he goes i will have no reason to watch the BBC at all.

heero_yuy 10-03-2015 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35763827)

A very bad mistake to make. I give you David Attenborough.

$ky must be rubbing their hands now.

Damien 10-03-2015 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763833)

Well again it depends what he has done doesn't it? No details have come out yet.

Sirius 10-03-2015 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35763833)

Would love for Sky to jump in and offer the 3 presenters some big fat cheques and a big budget to host a new show for them.

heero_yuy 10-03-2015 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35763835)
Well again it depends what he has done doesn't it? No details have come out yet.

Sphincter twitching and extreme sweat methinks.:D