Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685735)

Tricky Trevor 09-08-2012 17:50

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Just had another software update much to my surprise. No idea yet what is better about it but I hope my battery will now last longer. Maybe this will be the final update before they start to roll out Jelly Bean towards the end of the year?

I am now on Android 4.0.4

sollp 09-08-2012 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor (Post 35461598)
Just had another software update much to my surprise. No idea yet what is better about it but I hope my battery will now last longer. Maybe this will be the final update before they start to roll out Jelly Bean towards the end of the year?

I am now on Android 4.0.4

My battery life was terrible over the weekend, only last about 4-5hrs after full charge, this is with the latest update, I hardly use the phone during the day

dilli-theclaw 16-08-2012 17:59

I just got a s2 from VM for £17 a month which isn't too bad.

My one came with 4.0.3 on it and I updated it when it arrived yesterday. So far the only thing I find odd is you need to take the battery out to change the memory card. Still I guess the designers though you'd not need to get at it that often.

Ordered a 32gb card but irritatingly it hasn't shown up from amazon today despite paying for next day delivery.

Oh and it came with a micro sim card adapter which was useful as I'd been using my sim in an an iPhone 4.

qasdfdsaq 16-08-2012 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35463889)
I
My one came with 4.0.3 on it and I updated it when it arrived yesterday. So far the only thing I find odd is you need to take the battery out to change the memory card. Still I guess the designers though you'd not need to get at it that often.

Yay for idiotic design.

The OS supports changing memory card without a reboot, but they made it physically impossible to do

The OS does *not* support changing the SIM card without a reboot, but they made it easily possible to do.

Thankfully they've reversed said idiotic design on the S3...

dilli-theclaw 17-08-2012 11:32

HHHmmm jellybean confirmed too?

http://www.youmobile.org/blogs/entry...ly-Bean-Update

Hope so.

richard1960 06-09-2012 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35463889)
I just got a s2 from VM for £17 a month which isn't too bad.

Ordered a 32gb card but irritatingly it hasn't shown up from amazon today despite paying for next day delivery.

Oh and it came with a micro sim card adapter which was useful as I'd been using my sim in an an iPhone 4.

How did you get the S2 for £17 a month,even on the starter tariff for VM customers already comes out at £28 according to the website.:confused:

https://www.virginmobile.com/vm/view...ringId=7493769

I was looking to upgrade to VM moblie but even with the customer deals they could not compete with three,who i stuck with the one plan offers 2,000 anytime minutes,5,000 texts,umlimited internet with tethering allowed.

As far as i could see a deal like that with VM would be around £33,where i got the one plan with three for £25 a month.

dilli-theclaw 06-09-2012 12:29

I just called to cancel and that's what they offered me.

...and I am no longer a VM customer (aside from mobile).

richard1960 06-09-2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35471371)
I just called to cancel and that's what they offered me.

If thats what they were advertising for new customers(already with cable services) i would be heading their way now!

How many minutes,texts and internet did that plan include each month.

Sounds like a cracking deal with the right allowances.

dilli-theclaw 06-09-2012 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1960 (Post 35471372)
If thats what they were advertising for new customers(already with cable services) i would be heading their way now!

How many minutes,texts and internet did that plan include each month.

Sounds like a cracking deal with the right allowances.

Well after reading your other posts it's not really comparable.

I get 200 mins 3000 texts and 1gb internet. Which is far more than I need.

richard1960 06-09-2012 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35471375)
Well after reading your other posts it's not really comparable.

I get 200 mins 3000 texts and 1gb internet. Which is far more than I need.

That probably explains the deal then,still if thats all you need its certainly not bad.:)

tucker61 07-09-2012 19:22

My wife's contract due to expire in 2 weeks. I am going to ask for similar deal with the s 2

Tricky Trevor 08-09-2012 08:43

Our family are all on Virgin mobile and I got the £17 deal for our daughter on S2 back in May.