Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   General : WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33613781)

wwe 27-05-2007 19:30

Re: WWE

does anybody know if The Great Khali can speak english couse i heard he was in a moive once and spoke english but in wwe he does't

Russ 27-05-2007 20:19

He speaks very basic english and needs a translator for most situations. He spoke some english in The Longest Yard but that's about his limit.

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 10:35

Shawn Michaels underwent successful knee surgery last week. Early word going around is that he could return in the Fall.

WWE will air a special 3 hour edition of Raw on June 11th. Rumors have started that all three brands will be on this episode and could feature another draft lottery. Again only rumors at this time. I wonder if this would be a good time to bring Triple H back to TV in some capacity

Russ 28-05-2007 10:39

Nah, he's scheduled to return early July.

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 10:47

WWE Saturday Night's Main Event(TM) Telecasts from Toronto this Monday for Air on Saturday, June 2nd.

Key matches include:

- WWE Champion John Cena and the 7-foot, 3-inch 420-pound titan The Great Khali squaring off in a prelude to the highly anticipated rematch for the WWE Championship at the "One Night Stand(TM)" pay-per-view on Sunday, June 3rd.

- Batista and Chris Benoit VS World Heavyweight Champion Edge and United States Champion MVP

- The WWE's strangest and smallest going head-to-head in a match that can only be seen to be believed

Note: Sky are showing this on Saturday night at 9pm and 4.30am on Sky Sports 3 & also on Sunday at 1.30pm on Sky Sports Xtra.

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34315276)
Nah, he's scheduled to return early July.

Maybe he will be back on TV an month before he can go into the ring.

Russ 28-05-2007 10:50

Can't really see that happening. It's a possibility but his fans will be rabid to see him in action again.

gazzae 28-05-2007 12:12

Anyone been to see the WWE live?

I got tickets off ebay for Raw when it comes to Belfast in Oct.

Even though its not a TV broadcast I take it all the big stars will be there anyway?

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 12:18

Yes they will be in Ireland has they are going to tape the TV show for that week in England. They may be join by the ECW Superstars on that show night show in Ireland so you may see an Raw star vs an ECW star on that night show.

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 19:54

If you haven’t noticed recently, WWE has banned the shooting star press and the 450 press. Paul London did a shooting star plancha at a recent show and was told by Mr. McMahon if he tried it again, he would fire him on the spot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34315273)
WWE will air a special 3 hour edition of Raw on June 11th. Rumors have started that all three brands will be on this episode and could feature another draft lottery. Again only rumors at this time. I wonder if this would be a good time to bring Triple H back to TV in some capacity

The June 11th edition of RAW will feature the draft lottery special.

Russ 28-05-2007 20:04

They banned the shooting star press after Billy Kidman accidentally knocked Chavo out with it. I spoke to Kidman at a UK show last year and he told me they were looking for a reason to ban it fomonths.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34315344)
Yes they will be in Ireland has they are going to tape the TV show for that week in England. They may be join by the ECW Superstars on that show night show in Ireland so you may see an Raw star vs an ECW star on that night show.

I love the way WWE annouces UK tours as appearing in "Birmingham, England" etc.

Yeah, like how many other Birminghams in the UK are they likely to be appearing in??

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 20:11

They have got Birmingham in the U.S.

Russ 28-05-2007 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34315663)
They have got Birmingham in the U.S.

Your point being...? ;)

Quote:

I love the way WWE annouces UK tours as appearing in "Birmingham, England" etc

Media Boy UK 28-05-2007 20:17

Sorry I did not read your post right before posting.

wwe 29-05-2007 00:18

what happened to hbk at the ppv in the ring was that real or was he asked to do it

Russ 29-05-2007 09:26

It was a work - he's got a badly messed up knee, needed time off for surgery so a storyline was made to explain his absence.