Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S President: Donald Trump (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704412)

Mick 14-12-2017 16:35

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

"He came to vote from other parts of the Country to pitch in and vote", how can that be worded badly to mean something completely different ?

And no I am not saying Moore won, I am saying the the whole thing was a sham if illegal votes were able to be cast, surely you do not condone this kind of election cheating ?

Hugh 14-12-2017 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35928850)
"He came to vote from other parts of the Country to pitch in and vote", how can that be worded badly to mean something completely different ?

And no I am not saying Moore won, I am saying the the whole thing was a sham if illegal votes were able to be cast, surely you do not condone this kind of election cheating ?

I do not condone cheating, but I am still trying to understand how 200,000 fake voters got on to the Alabama register, how 200,000 sets of false ID came to be, and how nobody noticed that 1 in 7 of the voters were fake?

btw, he used the words "and canvas" after vote - it’s quite common in the US for college students who are studying in other States to go back to their home state to vote, canvas, and "pitch in".

Damien 14-12-2017 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35928850)

I think there is two things with that video:

1) His phasing is vague enough to suggest he came down to canvas and the group he is talking about consisted of people who legally voted too. It's unlikely he is admitting to a crime on television after all.

2) Even if he did one person is not evidence of 200,000 illegal votes. If that makes it a sham then Trump's election itself was a sham: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0d5b458eacb54

In reality one or two incidents of voter fraud do not amount to systematic voter fraud.

Mick 14-12-2017 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35928854)
I think there is two things with that video:

1) His phasing is vague enough to suggest he came down to canvas and the group he is talking about consisted of people who legally voted too. It's unlikely he is admitting to a crime on television after all.

2) Even if he did one person is not evidence of 200,000 illegal votes. If that makes it a sham then Trump's election itself was a sham: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0d5b458eacb54

In reality one or two incidents of voter fraud do not amount to systematic voter fraud.

There is no realistic way of proving it from this side of the pond that it was not more widespread.

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

The FBI Agent, Peter Strzok, who was removed from the Meuller investigation team, sent the following text message in August last year, to his mistress, Lisa Page:

Quote:

August 15, 2016, Strzok tells Page: "I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy's office" -- an apparent reference to Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe -- "that there's no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40 . . . . "
The Andy he is referencing there is Deputy Director to the FBI, Andrew Mccabe.

Yesterday, House Oversight Committee interviewed Deputy AG, Rod Rosenstein, he was grilled on the above text message sent from the FBI Agent, who sent the above message:

Damien 14-12-2017 18:00

Well no but the people in Alabama causing this ‘chatter’ can. Someone should be able to prove it if 200,000 voted illegally, it would be by far the largest incidence of voter fraud in either the US or U.K.

As Hugh said there are either 200,000 people whose votes were stolen or 200,000 people fraudulently added to the electoral lists over the last few months. Someone has produced that many fake IDs too.

Mr K 14-12-2017 19:46

Seems to be a pattern from those on the nutty right to call fraud, fake, every time there is an election result they don't like.

It happened in the UK General election, when students had the cheek to actually vote and the Tories didn't like it !

At the US election Trump was calling fraud and wasn't going to accept the result if he lost, however when he won, suddenly the election is legitimate ! 200k fraudulent voters in Alabama is laughable. Trump's days are numbered and he'll soon be lame duck President. His support amongst moderate Republicans is collapsing.

Doubtless there is some isolated cases of fraud but it happens on all sides. Indeed the Conservative MP for South Thanet is due a day in court soon, on election fiddling charges.

Kursk 14-12-2017 22:14

There is evidence that cheating took place and the only counter-evidence so far is from contributors here saying "there can't have been any cheating". Meh.

It's hard work for President Trump and his administration but he is showing himself to be a strong leader managing an improving economy. We should all continue to support the leader of the free World.

Mr K 14-12-2017 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35928891)
It's hard work for President Trump and his administration but he is showing himself to be a strong leader managing an improving economy. We should all continue to support the leader of the free World.

Have you been partaking of too much of the Xmas spirit tonight old chap ? :D

His best mate Putin isn't exactly a fan of the free World...

Kursk 14-12-2017 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35928895)
Have you been partaking of too much of the Xmas spirit tonight old chap ? :D

His best mate Putin isn't exactly a fan of the free World...

I see you're now a 'Remoaning Traitor!' instead of a 'Proud Remoaner'. I'm glad about that, the latter sounded a bit...ahem...vulgar :p:

Mick 14-12-2017 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35928864)
Seems to be a pattern from those on the nutty right to call fraud, fake, every time there is an election result they don't like.

It happened in the UK General election, when students had the cheek to actually vote and the Tories didn't like it !

At the US election Trump was calling fraud and wasn't going to accept the result if he lost, however when he won, suddenly the election is legitimate ! 200k fraudulent voters in Alabama is laughable. Trump's days are numbered and he'll soon be lame duck President. His support amongst moderate Republicans is collapsing.

Doubtless there is some isolated cases of fraud but it happens on all sides. Indeed the Conservative MP for South Thanet is due a day in court soon, on election fiddling charges.

Typical of you to get things wrong as usual. The issue with students was them voting twice, which is illegal or did you conveniently forget that ?

Trumps days are not numbered. And his support is NOT collapsing. More misguided and one sided rubbish, again, as usual. :rolleyes:

Mr K 14-12-2017 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35928900)
More misguided and one sided rubbish, again, as usual. :rolleyes:

Ah well, I've learnt from the master of one sidedness Mick :)

Mick 14-12-2017 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35928903)
Ah well, I've learnt from the master of one sidedness Mick :)

Oh yes, who is he ? ;)

Mr Banana 14-12-2017 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35928900)
Typical of you to get things wrong as usual. The issue with students was them voting twice, which is illegal or did you conveniently forget that ?

Trumps days are not numbered. And his support is NOT collapsing. More misguided and one sided rubbish, again, as usual. :rolleyes:

Hi Mick I am happy to bet you £100 that trump doesn't get a 2nd term and will happily give the money to charity if I'm wrong. You fancy a bet the other way?

PM me for details if you are up for it

djfunkdup 14-12-2017 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35928907)
Hi Mick I am happy to bet you £100 that trump doesn't get a 2nd term and will happily give the money to charity if I'm wrong. You fancy a bet the other way?

PM me for details if you are up for it

i hope you have a spare £100 lol :)

Mr Banana 14-12-2017 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfunkdup (Post 35928908)
i hope you have a spare £100 lol :)

I do but don't reckon i will lose :-)