Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Tivo Hidden features that suck! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685984)

Itshim 15-03-2012 16:39

Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35400068)
And it will have both shortly :)

No you're just taking the p!ss, right? :D

No just set the bar high:D

Tim Deegan 15-03-2012 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35400210)
No just set the bar high:D

And what are you comparing the Tivo to?

Itshim 16-03-2012 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35400288)
And what are you comparing the Tivo to?

I think you need to go back a few posts - What would it take to make Tivo great/ add fresh coffee on demand :rolleyes:

Tim Deegan 17-03-2012 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35400557)
I think you need to go back a few posts - What would it take to make Tivo great/ add fresh coffee on demand :rolleyes:

My point was that if you are comparing it to the Sky+HD box, then the Tivo is far more advanced. And will probably develop via updates over coming years in order to satisfy any critics.

Itshim 19-03-2012 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35401541)
My point was that if you are comparing it to the Sky+HD box, then the Tivo is far more advanced. And will probably develop via updates over coming years in order to satisfy any critics.

i am not compering it to anything. A car that can be driven on water is advanced ( I still remember them ) BUT it does not make it great( unless you add the word flop of cause). Tivo is not great it does most of the things I would like on a PVR, some of which I have no use for & therefore to ME are pointless, & is missing again for me some basic ones.:shocked:.

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "

denphone 19-03-2012 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35402088)
i am not compering it to anything. A car that can be driven on water is advanced ( I still remember them ) BUT it does not make it great( unless you add the word flop of cause). Tivo is not great it does most of the things I would like on a PVR, some of which I have no use for & therefore to ME are pointless, & is missing again for me some basic ones.:shocked:.

TiVo - "created by nerds for nerds Joe public was an afterthought ( I did not think anyone would want that syndrome) "

Nice to be called a nerd.:)

Stephen 19-03-2012 09:28

Quote:

TiVo is not a flop at all.

Also if you compare the way TiVo was in the USA versus the changes that VM have had made then its a lot better now, ie interactive features and the on Demand stuff.

carlwaring 19-03-2012 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35402116)

Indeed. 500k installed since launch.

Itshim 19-03-2012 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35402116)

Also if you compare the way TiVo was in the USA versus the changes that VM have had made then its a lot better now, ie interactive features and the on Demand stuff.

I think you will find that I am referring to the CAR - which was a GREAT FLOP:erm:

---------- Post added at 10:08 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35402106)
Nice to be called a nerd.:)

You are more than welcome :D

Tim Deegan 19-03-2012 10:40

Quote:

I think you are in a very small minority.

If there are features that you want on it, that it doesn't have, then why not recommend them on the VM forum?

Itshim 19-03-2012 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35402169)
I think you are in a very small minority.

If there are features that you want on it, that it doesn't have, then why not recommend them on the VM forum?

Tim

The features I would like are "coming soon" listed many times by myself & lots of others. BBC full red button & reminders ( the did not think any one would want item!):)

nstokes 19-03-2012 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35402194)
Tim

The features I would like are "coming soon" listed many times by myself & lots of others. BBC full red button & reminders ( the did not think any one would want item!):)

BBC Red Button is coming before April

Itshim 19-03-2012 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35402199)
BBC Red Button is coming before April

So I understand but what year :D

denphone 19-03-2012 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35402200)
So I understand but what year :D

This year and thats a fact.:D

nstokes 19-03-2012 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35402203)
This year and thats a fact.:D

Well if it turns out to be April 2013 then alot of people will not be happy as the world will have ended by then. Hold on a sec if the world has ended then people cant be unhappy :D