Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Installing a V+HD box. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33680788)

Union Jack 31-08-2011 21:32

Installing a V+HD box.

Hello I'm new here and just wondered if anyone could help me out.

I've got the standard Virgin Samsung Vbox at the minute with the medium package installed.

A friend of mine has gave me a Virgin V+Box that he had bought, but as he's gone back to Sky he's gave me the box so I could record shows and such like.

I've been trying to install it but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I've put the smart card in it (The correct way round), put the cable wire in it, and hooked it up to the TV through a Scart lead (oh and I've turned it on :p: ) It was showing a load of numbers, and it stopped on 118.

It's been like that now for about 45 minutes and there's no picture or anything.

I'm reluctant to ask Virgin for any help incase they start throwing charges in on me, Can someone please help?

hodgie99 31-08-2011 21:43

Re: Installing a V+HD box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Union Jack (Post 35294975)
Hello I'm new here and just wondered if anyone could help me out.

I've got the standard Virgin Samsung Vbox at the minute with the medium package installed.

A friend of mine has gave me a Virgin V+Box that he had bought, but as he's gone back to Sky he's gave me the box so I could record shows and such like.

I've been trying to install it but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I've put the smart card in it (The correct way round), put the cable wire in it, and hooked it up to the TV through a Scart lead (oh and I've turned it on :p: ) It was showing a load of numbers, and it stopped on 118.

It's been like that now for about 45 minutes and there's no picture or anything.

I'm reluctant to ask Virgin for any help incase they start throwing charges in on me, Can someone please help?

Sorry to say the box was never bought and only rented it is not his to give you, the card needs to be avtivated to the box by VM so sorry it a no go

RobboEdin 31-08-2011 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Union Jack (Post 35294975)

...so you just want to steal a service that you should be paying Virgin Media an additional £6.50 per month (second box charge) plus £5 per month V+ charge when on TV M plus £49.95 one-off cost for provision of a V+.

Union Jack 31-08-2011 22:20

He assured me it was his, he had bought it off them and it was his property. They even came and collected the other box and left the V+ one so I don't know how it wasn't his?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35294981)
...so you just want to steal a service that you should be paying Virgin Media an additional £6.50 per month (second box charge) plus £5 per month V+ charge when on TV M plus £49.95 one-off cost for provision of a V+.

Who are you Richard Branson?

Not another box, but replace my standard box with this box that has been given to me.

Now I know it wont work, theres no need to worry and get yourself worked up :dozey:

jtaylor06 31-08-2011 23:19

Any equipment Virgin Media provide you are owned by Virgin Media and cannot be transferred, borrowed, or sold.

Quote:

Where we hire equipment to you it will be our property at all times and we may need to alter or replace it from time to time. For us to do this, we will need reasonable access to your home.
You are responsible for making sure that our equipment is safe and used properly at all times. To do this, you agree to do the following:
a. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and any other instructions we have given you;
b. Keep the equipment in your home and under your control (for example, you may not sell it, lend it or hire it out to anyone else, put it up as security for a loan or mortgage, or allow it to be seized under any legal process against you).
c. Insure any of our equipment against any loss, theft or damage for the full replacement value;
d. Not remove, tamper with or cross out any words or labels on our equipment;
e. Take proper care at all times to prevent the loss or theft of our equipment.
You agree to tell us immediately about any loss or damage to any part of our equipment. You should do this by contacting our customer services team. You agree that you are responsible for any loss of or damage to the equipment, regardless of how it happens. We will charge you for any loss of or damage to the equipment.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-lega...html#equipment

MovedGoalPosts 01-09-2011 00:57

Unfortunately it is a common misconception that people own their Virgin Media Set Top Boxes. The reality is is hired to a subscriber, not sold. This may come about by VM often charging a fee to those who adopt tech like the V+, TiVo or even the 30/50meg broadband, which they don't accurately describe as an admin/ install charge.