Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Suck! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33631208)

ryan4katie 09-04-2008 20:28

Virgin Suck!

im sick of this.... i was previously with ntl. i had ntl installed 4 days before my daughter was born 2 years ago and had absolutly no problem... they did there utmost to fix my problems and fixed them straight away.

then 2 years later virgin media take over and destroy the lot. slow downloads even with non bit torrent downloads, very slow browsing, i like to play a few online games when i get the time i.e call of duty 4 and the ping is just so horrible barley playable. ive rung them up 4 times and complained but nothing gets done

im on a 20mb line and i do a speed test with www.speedtest.net (maidenhead server) i get 450 ping 1.5mb download, 80 upload and all i get is the usual crap oh theres maintence in ur area... im sure maintence doesnt take 4 months :mad:

anyone else had same problems ? and feel like they need to get a new isp

thanks for reading my stupid post :P

Tijer 09-04-2008 20:55

Re: Virgin Suck!

firstly virgin didnt take over... ntl and telewest bought the rights to use the name.

secondly speedtest.net is well known for giving incorrect speeds. the speed checker at the top of this page is probably a better guage of the speeds you are getting.

Also if you really want to use speedtest.net dont have any other program running... (apart from web browser obviously :P)

webcrawler2050 10-04-2008 04:03

As he said Virgin didnt take out [Mod edit (Gavin): removed]

Well - why dont you use some common sense here mate eh?

Try this

Start >> RUN >> CMD >> Black Box

ping www.bbc.co.uk

Copy and paste the results

Again, in the black box

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

Paste the results
Are you using a router? If so plug your Cable Moden Direct into the PC then run a speed test - DONT USE Speedtest.net its crap - use the one on this forum.

Antivirus / Spyware / Malware?? Got any??? Disable it - then run the speed test.

It doesnt take alot of sense to do some basic config tests.

ryan4katie 10-04-2008 09:01

bit of a touchy one aint ya... what are you bransons brother.

virgin still crap ok

Kellargh 10-04-2008 09:54

Lol I love that on calls 'oh since you've gone to virgin...'

Nothing has changed (apart from issues with sky). The same people work here, same systems, same problems...

Just because you have the fault now doesn't mean its due to a simple change of name.

Mr_love_monkey 10-04-2008 10:05

Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, my fridge hasn't worked properly!

Tod 10-04-2008 13:36

Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.

Mr_love_monkey 10-04-2008 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod (Post 34524909)
Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.

if only hemlines would do the same

Media Boy UK 10-04-2008 13:50

Virgin do not own Virgin Media.

NTL & Telewest are paying so much every year (I think its £30m per year for 25years ) to Virgin PLC to used the Virgin name and Virgin also own 10% of NTL/Telewest.

Mr_love_monkey 10-04-2008 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34524928)
Virgin do not own Virgin Media.

NTL & Telewest are paying so much every year (I think its £30m per year for 25years ) to Virgin PLC to used the Virgin name and Virgin also own 10% of NTL/Telewest.

That's fine - but what about my fridge?

saabmania2 10-04-2008 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34524929)
That's fine - but what about my fridge?

that's easy, now where is that script ah yes:

turn it of at the socket and leave it off for 20 sec then turn the power back on for me please (pause) when it's rebooted can you tell me what it does please. (pause)
oh it not a problem with the supply you will have to get a tech around to sort it you might need a new one. :D hehe

Sirius 10-04-2008 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34524741)
bit of a touchy one aint ya... what are you bransons brother.

virgin still crap ok

Good intelligent post.

Now try to post as an adult and you might get somewhere.

ryan4katie 10-04-2008 23:44

lol ok... if you say so mate.

personally dont care what you think... so far up virgins **** its un true. we'll see when you dont get what your paying for

goodbye

Sirius 10-04-2008 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34525474)

personally dont care what you think... so far up virgins **** its un true. we'll see when you dont get what your paying for

goodbye

Dont bang your head on the way out.:rofl::rofl:

homealone 11-04-2008 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34525474)

goodbye

if you only knew how wrong you are with that comment....

- well as far as Sirius is concerned, anyway

We'll await a constructive post detailing your signal levels, etc, that someone may be able to help with.....