Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703747)

blackthorn 09-12-2017 20:33

Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

1 Attachment(s)
These new freephone numbers became valid from the 7th Dec. Might be helpful to some.

RichardCoulter 09-12-2017 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35928106)
I think Dilli is simply acknowledging that hard working tax payers are paying for this, Richard.

Most of us are happy for the genuinely deserving to receive these benefits. It's the scroungers that cause such rage in the population.

Dilli has shown that she is conscious of this, and that being the case, I have no concerns with a proportion of my money going to her.

You talk as though disabled people don't pay tax, when the vast majority do. Not all taxpayers are hard working either, many don't work at all.

Also, a good proportion of disability benefits aren't funded by the taxpayer, but by the National Insurance scheme that disabled people will have paid into whilst they were working.

Fraud, by the Governments own figures, is negligible.

OLD BOY 10-12-2017 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35928219)
You talk as though disabled people don't pay tax, when the vast majority do. Not all taxpayers are hard working either, many don't work at all.

]Also, a good proportion of disability benefits aren't funded by the taxpayer, but by the National Insurance scheme that disabled people will have paid into whilst they were workin
g.

True, but that doesn't entitle them to defraud the system, does it?

---------- Post added at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35928219)

Also, a good proportion of disability benefits aren't funded by the taxpayer, but by the National Insurance scheme that disabled people will have paid into whilst they were working.

Not at all, Richard. But if you receive benefits, that is effectively a tax discount. And if they are entitled to those benefits, that's fine.

I agree that some employees don't work as hard as they should, but that is for their employers to resolve. However it is not an excuse for fraudsters to steal our money.

RichardCoulter 10-12-2017 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35928227)
True, but that doesn't entitle them to defraud the system, does it?

---------- Post added at 01:40 ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 ----------

Not at all, Richard. But if you receive benefits, that is effectively a tax discount. And if they are entitled to those benefits, that's fine.

I agree that some employees don't work as hard as they should, but that is for their employers to resolve. However it is not an excuse for fraudsters to steal our money.

Never said it did, was just pointing out that not all benefits are funded by taxation.

Many taxpayers don't work at all, you're just repeating the words of certain politicians who wanted to demonise disabled people with inflammatory language.

Taf 10-12-2017 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35928285)
Many taxpayers don't work at all....

And many workers don't pay Income Tax, just get clobbered by National Insurance which seems to take away with one hand what was given as an increased Personal Allowance on the other.

OLD BOY 10-12-2017 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35928285)
Never said it did, was just pointing out that not all benefits are funded by taxation.

Many taxpayers don't work at all, you're just repeating the words of certain politicians who wanted to demonise disabled people with inflammatory language.

How so? I've already clarified that most of us have no issue with legitimate claimants. I am not sure what you are getting at here, to be honest.

RichardCoulter 10-12-2017 23:43

It's a pity that you're more focused on the negligible amount of fraud (like the Government) than on their reforms that have made life a miserable worry for the majority of disabled people.

Your attitude to the affects of a disability upon an individual was succinctly summed up when you said that it was their problem.

OLD BOY 11-12-2017 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35928321)
It's a pity that you're more focused on the negligible amount of fraud (like the Government) than on their reforms that have made life a miserable worry for the majority of disabled people.

Your attitude to the affects of a disability upon an individual was succinctly summed up when you said that it was their problem.

I'm not sure in which context I said that, Richard, assuming that I did.

You have my remarks completely out of context. My view is:

1. Those who claim benefits legitimately do so to obtain their legal entitlement, and most people, including myself, have no problem with that.

2. Some falsely claim, and these people are despicable and should be prosecuted.

So, instead of going off on some tangent, why don't you enlighten us and clarify which of those statements you disagree with?

Assuming that you do not disagree, I really can't fathom what you are arguing about.

Osem 11-12-2017 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35928366)
I'm not sure in which context I said that, Richard, assuming that I did.

You have my remarks completely out of context. My view is:

1. Those who claim benefits legitimately do so to obtain their legal entitlement, and most people, including myself, have no problem with that.

2. Some falsely claim, and these people are despicable and should be prosecuted.

So, instead of going off on some tangent, why don't you enlighten us and clarify which of those statements you disagree with?

Assuming that you do not disagree, I really can't fathom what you are arguing about.

Take 2 of these twice a day... :banghead:

:D

OLD BOY 11-12-2017 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35928385)
Take 2 of these twice a day... :banghead:

:D

Thanks, Osem, I feel better already! :D

RichardCoulter 06-02-2018 22:29

The Government decision to amend the regulations to cut PIP to those facing psychological problems when going outside eg those who are blind, have mental health problems/disabilities has been defeated by the courts.

As a result every PIP claim (whether successful or not) since the scheme began will have to be reviewed (there are about 200,000 of them).

There will be no need to contact the DWP as they will contact each person separately and you won't be required to have another face to face assessment, however, because assessors were in effect told not to take this issue into account, many claims will have insufficient information and be routinely turned down. If you are turned down you should appeal and provide the extra information to support your claim.

This is going to cost a fortune to administer and is another example of this Governments cuts to help for the most vulnerable in society costing the taxpayer more than what they hoped to save.

This extra help could be worth up to £58 a week at current rates.

denphone 07-02-2018 05:41

Actually Richard the total being reviewed is 1.6 million claims.

Quote:

A total of 1.6 million of the main disability benefit claims will be reviewed, with around 220,000 people expected to receive more money.
Quote:

The minister for disabled people, Sarah Newton, said the DWP was embarking on a "complex exercise and of considerable scale".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42862904

Taf 07-02-2018 10:27

Our local radio was plastered with ads for "medical professionals" to become "disabilty assessors" for Capita. Starting pay £34k. A friend called and asked what the job actually entailed and was told that "after training" he would be "reviewing a backlog of old decisions for several months".

Hugh 07-02-2018 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35935917)
Our local radio was plastered with ads for "medical professionals" to become "disabilty assessors" for Capita. Starting pay £34k. A friend called and asked what the job actually entailed and was told that "after training" he would be "reviewing a backlog of old decisions for several months".

They were fibbed to - Decision Makers at the DWP do the decision making.

The Capita people may be needed to re-assess the claimants, but at the moment the DWP is still working out what is needed.

nashville 07-02-2018 14:35

It is a disgrace when genuine people with mental health and really bad health get a set back, A friend of mines daughter has a lot wrong with her and had her PIP stopped , that night she took a heart attack and is worse that ever,