Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SkyQ now available to buy (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702328)

tweedle 09-02-2016 10:48

SkyQ now available to buy

Good look getting on the site because it's getting hammered, but you can now order SkyQ, got mine ordered with an install date...

http://www.sky.com/skyq/buy/build

muppetman11 09-02-2016 12:43

Re: SkyQ now available to buy,

To be honest I'm still undecided , it doesn't really offer me a great deal over what I get with my current multiroom setup and I don't like 18 month contracts.

Even though I have a 4K TV I'm not overly fussed.

NoCableForMe 10-02-2016 09:54

I'd be interested to know what security has been put in to stop the second mini box being used in a different location and somehow connecting back to the main box over the internet.

I'm wondering if you had a VPN between the two so they both appear on the same network it could work. I'm sure someone will try it out.

DJSADERS 10-02-2016 19:30

This is interesting in the T&C's...

Quote:

Sky Q: now available to Sky Broadband customers; coming soon to customers with broadband from other providers
with loads of people having alternative bb to sky this could hold a few people back

rogerdraig 10-02-2016 21:51

not paying £150 to set it up . looks good otherwise

hedgie 10-02-2016 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerdraig (Post 35821447)
not paying £150 to set it up . looks good otherwise

Am guessing that in six months it won't be £150.

denphone 11-02-2016 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgie (Post 35821449)
Am guessing that in six months it won't be £150.

It won't be.

tweedle 11-02-2016 10:18

Re: SkyQ now available to buy

Without doubt SkyQ will be free install within months. Technically I haven't paid it, I have 10 months of a 50% off deal which has carried over to SkyQ and when I rang up to try to avoid the install charge although they couldn't give me a free install they reduced my line rental to £9.99 a month for the length of contract.

So it's the same as a free install.

Ignitionnet 11-02-2016 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35821476)
Without doubt SkyQ will be free install within months. Technically I haven't paid it, I have 10 months of a 50% off deal which has carried over to SkyQ and when I rang up to try to avoid the install charge although they couldn't give me a free install they reduced my line rental to £9.99 a month for the length of contract.

Interesting. Fairly high degree of desperation on their part given it's a new product. I'm surprised they didn't simply refuse and sell to the next person who was willing to pay full price.

EDIT: Think I'll gentle troll them over this.

tweedle 11-02-2016 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignitionnet (Post 35821509)
Interesting. Fairly high degree of desperation on their part given it's a new product. I'm surprised they didn't simply refuse and sell to the next person who was willing to pay full price.

EDIT: Think I'll gentle troll them over this.

Don't gentle troll them, full on troll them. But wether they say the line rental reduction is in anyway related to me taking SkyQ is another matter lol. But hey, my line rental dropped from £17.99 to £9.99 so I be happy.

tweedle 12-02-2016 16:26

SkyQ TV Spot/Add

I know some are interested in these things...

https://amp.twimg.com/v/71120b99-c24...8-4cfffe76476a

Hugh 12-02-2016 16:41

Threads on same subject merged.

bubblegun 12-02-2016 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35821476)

Sky+HD discounts aren't carried to SkyQ. The discount will be cancelled when SkyQ gets activated. They are different platforms.
I'd suspect you are trolling.

tweedle 13-02-2016 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblegun (Post 35821766)
Sky+HD discounts aren't carried to SkyQ. The discount will be cancelled when SkyQ gets activated. They are different platforms.
I'd suspect you are trolling.

Sky HD discounts ARE carried over to SkyQ. How do I know? Because when started my order online I logged into "mysky" and calculated my costs going forward WITH MY CURRENT MOVIES/SPORTS OFFERS!

Then when I rang to try to get free install they carried forward my current offers! This is not debatable, it's a fact.

---------- Post added at 07:46 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

The following will be carried over:-

Existing broadband offers - for example 50% off Sky Broadband Unlimited
Existing Sky Movies and Sky Sports offers - for example 25% off Sky Sports
Existing Line Rental offers - for example 35% off Sky Talk
Price hold offers
Legacy HD with the F1 channel.

Although I have this morning received an email telling me my bill will be going up by £29.50!!!!!!! With SkyQ, oh no it won't I'm ringing this morning and if that's the case it's getting cancelled. I'm not paying an extra £500+

tweedle 13-02-2016 12:02

So.........

It seems I have a 50% discount off my entire TV package and it does NOT not fully carry over to SkyQ. So my bill would rise by £29.50. SkyQ cancelled �� Still get to keep my line rental discount.

My main concern was the 18 month contract meaning the instant £29.50 increase would rise again when the 50% off movies/sports discount finished. So I would potentially be paying £40+ extra in 10 months time. So maybe a £700-£800 increase over the next 18 months...