Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Salvation (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705125)

General Maximus 14-07-2017 13:47

Salvation

I watched the pilot for Salvation last night and absolutely loved it, it is definitely my cup of tea. The story is excellent as is the production quality. I looked it up and the guy who produces it did Spiderman, the new Star Trek films plus a tonne of other films you will all have seen. The show description is below and I strongly suggest everyone gives it a go. It is by far the best series I have watched this summer (until GoT starts this weekend :))

Quote:

An MIT grad student and a tech superstar bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth. Without alerting the public, MIT grad student Liam Cole and tech billionaire Darius Tanz team up to save humanity from this impending apocalypse. Keeping it secret will complicate life for Liam and those closest to him.
Meanwhile, the government has its own approach. Grace Barrows is both the Pentagon Press Secretary and a single mom, and she deftly navigates the complicated waters of both jobs. Deputy Secretary of Defense Harris Edwards has been tasked with running their own top-secret plan to deflect the asteroid. Meanwhile, Darius recruits an aspiring sci-fi writer, Jillian, to work on a theoretical approach to saving humanity - a project that might prove to be all too real.

Paul 15-07-2017 17:34

Re: Salvation

I have downloaded this to watch tonight.

General Maximus 15-07-2017 17:52

It is one of those series where you want to make sure the curtains are closed and you have got peace and quiet so you can concentrate and enjoy it. The best way I describe it for anyone who is interested is a mix between Armageddon/24/Designated Survivor.

Paul 17-07-2017 03:02

Watched it tonight.

I cant say it stood out, had all the usual plot lines in it.
However, it wasnt bad either, so I'll give a few more episodes, see how it pans out.

If they really start dragging it out though, I can see me getting bored of it.

General Maximus 17-07-2017 10:06

yeah, I can understand it covering a whole season and I looked it up expecting it to be a mini-series. When I saw it was a normal tv series I thought "what are they going to do for season 2?"

We may have a seen a lot of it before but it is nice to have it in a series and not a movie because it means we get a weekly dose.

General Maximus 24-09-2017 22:57

well I have just watched the finale and can't wait for season 2, I just hope it gets renewed. You know a series is good when you crave more and I definitely do for this one. The story was excellent and paced perfectly over 13 eps. I wish it was a full season like Designated Survivor where they could tell the complete story because if it gets cancelled I am going to cry.

Paul 24-09-2017 23:51

I'm not holding out hope as networks seem very fickle.

However, aside from Big Brother, its been the top viewed summer show for CBS, levelling out at around 3.5 million viewers, and a good 0.52 score in the 1849 demo.

pip08456 25-09-2017 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35907800)
I watched the pilot for Salvation last night and absolutely loved it, it is definitely my cup of tea. The story is excellent as is the production quality. I looked it up and the guy who produces it did Spiderman, the new Star Trek films plus a tonne of other films you will all have seen. The show description is below and I strongly suggest everyone gives it a go. It is by far the best series I have watched this summer (until GoT starts this weekend :)

Just watched it and I loved it too, you're right General, it's a "must watch" for SciFi fans!

It's just finished it's first season run so let's hope CBS renews it for a second season.

Paul 19-10-2017 02:58

CBS has renewed Salvation for a second season of 13 episodes.

cimt 19-10-2017 04:31

Ohh, I guess I'll have to finish watching the first season. I dunno where they can take it like but that might be more obvious in the final episodes...

General Maximus 19-10-2017 08:15

excellent news, it is too good not to renew it. Depending where they wanted to go with it I would be quite happy seeing them launch the arc into space and turn it into a proper scifi series and see them land on Mars and how they create their new civilisation.

Paul 19-09-2018 02:00

Just watched the Season 2 finale.

I can safely say, I did not see that [ending] coming.

General Maximus 19-09-2018 19:01

haven't seen it yet, I am watching it tonight.

SnoopZ 19-09-2018 19:16

What streaming service is this on, i see S1 is possibly on Amazon Prime?

Looks like i may have to use Kodi to watch it.

General Maximus 19-09-2018 19:29

You should give it a go. It is a bit far fetched sometimes but the production quality is excellent and at the end oc every episode you just want more more more.