Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : BBC News app to close (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33708409)

Media Boy UK 18-11-2019 22:00

BBC News app to close

The BBC has confirm that both BBC News app and BBC Sport app will no longer broadcast via TiVo from January 30th 2020.

cheekyangus 18-11-2019 22:37

Re: BBC News app to close

Not that surprised. I questioned whether they meant the TV Apps when they announced they were closing down the digital text next year. There was a certain ambiguity to the the wording back then that suggested they might be included.

I had often criticised them, particularly the Sport App front page for its stupid content duplication and the placement of the text articles, but there could have still been a place for them.

denphone 19-11-2019 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 36017625)
The BBC has confirm that both BBC News app and BBC Sport app will no longer broadcast via TiVo from January 30th 2020.

You do mean the older TiVo boxes? l would imagine MB and not the V6 boxes.

heavyside 19-11-2019 07:14

BBC News, Sports and Weather are vanishing from the red button on the V6 at the end of January 2020. I'm guessing that these services are the same as those available via the app. I know that the BBC is launching a new version of the iPlayer next year and I wonder if it will launch around the same time. I understand BBC news, weather, sport and lottery results will still be available on mobile phones, tablets and on-line.

cheekyangus 19-11-2019 08:54

Here is the BBC Blog post about it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthe...7-98930425302a

It also looks like they are bringing the BBC Sounds app to all the TV platforms losing the TV News and Sports Apps.

nodrogd 06-12-2019 14:36

Getting the message on all the TV based apps so this will be all smart TVs as well as TV platform apps on STBs that we are losing. The Beeb don't want to shell out for seperate versions of their apps so these are the obvious ones to go

denphone 06-12-2019 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 36019381)
Getting the message on all the TV based apps so this will be all smart TVs as well as TV platform apps on STBs that we are losing. The Beeb don't want to shell out for seperate versions of their apps so these are the obvious ones to go

So the separate sports and news apps will be fully incorporated into the BBC iPlayer app if l am correct?.

BenMcr 06-12-2019 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36019385)
So the separate sports and news apps will be fully incorporated into the BBC iPlayer app if l am correct?.

Here's the link from the on screen message

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/questi...ed-button-text

You won't get any of the text services in iPlayer, just the video content for News and Sports

Hom3r 08-12-2019 16:54

I removed all my BBC apps inc iPlayer, as the BBC News is untrustworthy.

Mr K 08-12-2019 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36019617)
I removed all my BBC apps inc iPlayer, as the BBC News is untrustworthy.

Guess you'll have to rely on the unbiased Currant Bun/Daily Fail then.

vincerooney 11-12-2019 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36019646)
Guess you'll have to rely on the unbiased Currant Bun/Daily Fail then.

Without introducing politics into this thread I think the bbc has become completely biased this election shockingly so that it’s in line with the daily fail. Laura kussenberg revealing the state of mail votes on the news today even though it’s illegal and influencing the vote potentially.

In other news has anyone heard of the o2 deal where you can get amazon prime for several months if you’ve upgraded since 2017 (I think) not open to new users though which is bloody annoying as I already subscribe to amazon

Raider999 11-12-2019 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36019908)
Without introducing politics into this thread I think the bbc has become completely biased this election shockingly so that it’s in line with the daily fail. Laura kussenberg revealing the state of mail votes on the news today even though it’s illegal and influencing the vote potentially.

In other news has anyone heard of the o2 deal where you can get amazon prime for several months if you’ve upgraded since 2017 (I think) not open to new users though which is bloody annoying as I already subscribe to amazon

I'm surprised it is legal for the BBC to even get hold of the mail voting figures let alone broadcasting them.