Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

peanut 22-03-2024 10:00

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon (Post 36172368)
I work in a school as a Network and AV Manager...

You know it's not going to be your day when today is the end of term, the executive head is doing a special assembly, I've done sound check, checked Microphones, laptop all setup, everything working like a charm, and then when all is about to happen and the moment comes..... the system basically says to me "I'm shutting down, screw you" and it dies on me.

600 kids and staff looking at you wondering wtf whilst you are slowly wishing for a hole to swallow you up and can sense your hair turning slightly grey with stress.

Got it going in the end, but really don't need that on a Friday.

Ah but it starts as a moan / nightmare, but it will be a day you'll look back on, smile and then laugh about it. You've probably just made a good lasting memory. :tu:

Dude111 23-03-2024 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r
My niece's hamster Bear died yesterday, he was 10 months old, and possibly had a stroke, as he was wobbly when walking.

I am so sorry buddy :(

Hugh 25-03-2024 09:33

Moan - front upper incisor crown fell out this morning (been wobbly for a couple of weeks).

Good news - dentist can see me on Tuesday 2nd April to re-fit it.

GrimUpNorth 25-03-2024 18:01

1 Attachment(s)
Just what you need after a 10 hour flight.

SnoopZ 29-03-2024 20:03

My moan is being ill with a Sinus Infection for a week so far. It was so bad I had to go to the Docs on Monday something I hardly ever do so got told not to go into work this whole week but there was nothing she could give me to fight the virus I just had to ride it out, spent 4 days in bed not eating or sleeping much. Started to eat and sleep properly now but it's left me completely drained and weak it was a struggle just going upstairs. On the bright side I've lost 4 kilos in a week.

heero_yuy 09-04-2024 16:36

Bacofoil cling film. The film is great but the "easycut" system is completely useless. What mindless clot designed this? Obviously nobody bothered to actually test it with users before launch of the product. :mad:

Still the kitchen scissors deal with the stupid curved affair and then cut the film as needed.

heero_yuy 22-04-2024 17:28

Still no parsnips in the supermarkets. I guess it's the result of the awful rain we've had over the last 18 months has done for the crops in the ground and those yet to be sown.

I've got some frozen ones but I prefer fresh if possible.

Hom3r 24-04-2024 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36173856)
Still no parsnips in the supermarkets. I guess it's the result of the awful rain we've had over the last 18 months has done for the crops in the ground and those yet to be sown.

I've got some frozen ones but I prefer fresh if possible.

I read that in some cases frozen veg is fresher as it's frozen within 2 hours, and fresh can take a few days to hit the shops