Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky Q add during live football (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704760)

telegramsam 16-04-2017 14:43

Sky Q add during live football

Watching the WBA vLiverpool game and getting really annoyed with the banner informing sky q customers that the game is available to them in ultra HD. Is this really an information banner or ablatant advertisement for sky Q? If as I think a advert for Sky Q,shouldn't they inform viewers that the program contains a product placement advert?

telegramsam 16-04-2017 17:25

Re: Sky Q add during live football

Someone posted "how dare they" then removed it,please tell me why?

muppetman11 16-04-2017 17:27

How dare they :D:D

telegramsam 16-04-2017 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35894984)
How dare they :D:D

Why the sacasm? Thought you were better than that muppetman!

muppetman11 16-04-2017 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35895025)
Why the sacasm? Thought you were better than that muppetman!

Sky own the channel and if they want to inform their customers of how to access the game in UHD I don't see the problem , it's not like it stays on for a long time.

telegramsam 16-04-2017 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35895028)
Sky own the channel and if they want to inform their customers of how to access the game in UHD I don't see the problem , it's not like it stays on for a long time.

The point I was making was they disguise it as information when really it's an advert for Sky Q! If you have Sky Q are you honestly trying to tell me you wouldn't know it was available in ultra HD?

muppetman11 16-04-2017 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35895031)
The point I was making was they disguise it as information when really it's an advert for Sky Q! If you have Sky Q are you honestly trying to tell me you wouldn't know it was available in ultra HD?

You would be surprised how many people buy products and don't no the full features and functionality of them , BT regularly announce on their Sports channels that the games are also available on 4K UHD why would you not.

telegramsam 16-04-2017 23:01

Would be very surprised if someone took the trouble to get Sky Q or indeed BT TV,were a football fan yet didn't know when a game was being shown in ultra HD! BT have a dedicated channel for ultra HD programs I believe,don't know if Sky do?,so it would've easy to check. So as I say it's s blatant advert for Sky Q (or BT TV). Maybe someone on here who has Sky Q can post if they HONESTLY didn't know the WBA v Liverpool game was in ultra HD until Skykindly informed them?

muppetman11 16-04-2017 23:05

Of course it's an advert for UHD also as I say BT do the same , why would you have UHD Sports and not advertise it ?

You may be surprised to learn the question about UHD sport and how to access it has been asked many times by Sky Q customers on the Sky Help Forum remember Sky's UHD isn't currently a permanent channel.