Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   June 8th General Election (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704776)

Arthurgray50@blu 18-04-2017 23:40

Re: June 8th General Election

I bet anyone that the number one topic for ALL parties will be the ......THE NHS

adzii_nufc 19-04-2017 00:04

I bet it'll be Brexit... thought that'd be obvious to you.

Matth 19-04-2017 01:23

Is it done and dusted though?

Are enough of the opposition going to make the 2/3 required, or are they going to force the more embarrassing option of playing to lose a vote of no confidence

TheDaddy 19-04-2017 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35895335)
Doesn't matter what I vote. This is a Tory stronghold.

Cable forum :dozey: :spin: :)

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matth (Post 35895415)
Is it done and dusted though?

Are enough of the opposition going to make the 2/3 required, or are they going to force the more embarrassing option of playing to lose a vote of no confidence

I thought that, if it were anyone but corbyn I'd bet on it

MalteseFalcon 19-04-2017 07:27

I wasn't sure who to vote for this time around, so did one of those quizzes to see what party I should vote for. Apparently, I am a 74% match for UKIP. Worryingly, I was a 43% match for the BNP too. I was more to the right than left.

Trouble is, BNP and UKIP (aside from their views on immigration) actually have some decent policies in their manifestos but the whole immigration/racism thing mean they get overlooked.

papa smurf 19-04-2017 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35895420)
I wasn't sure who to vote for this time around, so did one of those quizzes to see what party I should vote for. Apparently, I am a 74% match for UKIP. Worryingly, I was a 43% match for the BNP too. I was more to the right than left.

Trouble is, BNP and UKIP (aside from their views on immigration) actually have some decent policies in their manifestos but the whole immigration/racism thing mean they get overlooked.

i just did this for fun and it says democratic unionist then ukip

DU never never never

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Maggy 19-04-2017 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35895416)
Cable forum :dozey: :spin: :)

---------- Post added at 01:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

I thought that, if it were anyone but corbyn I'd bet on it

OK I'll rephrase it to I LIVE in a Tory stronghold.:rolleyes:

Osem 19-04-2017 10:52

Well it's great to see Corbyn's Cronies doing so well in our poll... :rofl:

papa smurf 19-04-2017 11:14

i'm surprised at the lib dem vote

given Farron's stance on gay folks and his utter disdain on the meaning of democratic .

he's not liberal or democratic , maybe re branding to the hypocrite party could better show his views .

Osem 19-04-2017 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35895437)

given Farron's stance on gay folks and his utter disdain on the meaning of democratic .

he's not liberal or democratic , maybe re branding to the hypocrite party could better show his views .

Remainers clutching at straws.

denphone 19-04-2017 11:21

Quote:

Some try to hide their prejudices IMO as if people have prejudices why don't they come out with it instead of hiding behind their petticoats.

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

Quote:

l think you will find most politicians are hypocrites and double faced liars whatever party they are from..

papa smurf 19-04-2017 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35895438)

the party has a bad smell coming from it it's an embarrassment to the country

Damien 19-04-2017 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35895438)

Or people support the party. I.E They're the only one out of the main three that were against the Snoopers Charter, support electoral reform, they're good on civil liberties and yes their attitude towards Europe is more akin to what some people believe than that of the Conservatives.

Not to mention the state of Labour means more people will consider the Liberal Democrats. Not everyone has to vote Conservative and they can have decent reasons, to them, in the same way everyone on here has their own reasons for voting Tory. :shrug:

denphone 19-04-2017 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35895442)
Or people support the party. I.E They're the only one out of the main three that were against the Snoopers Charter, support electoral reform, they're good on civil liberties and yes their attitude towards Europe is more akin to what some people believe than that of the Conservatives.

Not to mention the state of Labour means more people will consider the Liberal Democrats. Not everyone has to vote Conservative and they can have decent reasons, to them, in the same way everyone on here has their own reasons for voting Tory. :shrug:

Indeed everybody has their own reasons on who they will vote for come the election as there are many other issues and reasons other then Brexit on why some will vote for another party or for the Tories.

Osem 19-04-2017 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35895442)

I didn't think that needed saying TBH. Some folks vote nothing else you know. ;)

PapaSmurf commented on the level of support, not the existence of it. I simply provided what I think is the reason for the level of that support, not all of it. Since they're the only pro EU option open to most people in the UK I'd stand by that opinion. Look at the number who voted Lib Dem in Richmond simply due to Brexit - that wasn't down to Farron's charisma was it. :)