Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Another new build (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705043)

alestescarrow 25-06-2017 18:57

Another new build

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, long time no post I guess!

I will be moving into a new build on Friday which is prewired for VM in Birkenhead. As far as I can see, all internal wiring is completed as are the empty duct to the property. There was previously a terrace at this location,which were wired, and the original ducts I presume will remain in the footway.

However, trying to get anything from VM in regards to getting connected is like trying to draw blood out of a stone. I have lost count how many times I have filled out forms with nobody contacting me back in return. I am also pestering the developer to do what they can in regards to this.

Does anyone have any idea how long this process may take? I have attached an image of the situation outside, lacking an omnibox.

Thanks

pip08456 26-06-2017 01:06

Re: Another new build

Keep on at the developer, they will have a dedicated VM member available.

alestescarrow 26-06-2017 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35904843)
Keep on at the developer, they will have a dedicated VM member available.

That's what I believe, though the developer denied this. It does exist on the postcode checker, but merely states "unable to update you at the moment". The house is now complete, VM were on site last week, but heard nothing from my referrals.

pip08456 26-06-2017 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by alestescarrow (Post 35904965)
That's what I believe, though the developer denied this. It does exist on the postcode checker, but merely states "unable to update you at the moment". The house is now complete, VM were on site last week, but heard nothing from my referrals.

Show the developer this.

http://www.virginmedia.com/lightning...rty-developers

weesteev 26-06-2017 20:42

Want to drop me a PM with your address details and I will get this checked out for you alestescarrow.

Cheers

Stephen

alestescarrow 26-06-2017 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35904971)

Thanks. It just looks like there is a lack of communication between the Developer and VM. The development is not complete, although my property is, and I guess that is why they are not signing off individual houses.

There is a cable running past the house which serviced the properties previously on the site, but I guess the majority of the legwork here will be in the cabinets nearby.

raging bull 26-06-2017 20:51

Looking at the Virgin forum the problems with new builds seems common!

nodrogd 27-06-2017 10:32

If the area is already supplied then it is likely HFC network, which should not require a lot of work to bring online.

However if there are significantly more houses there than there was previously, then there could be a capacity problem in the local cabinet.

pip08456 27-06-2017 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by alestescarrow (Post 35904978)
Thanks. It just looks like there is a lack of communication between the Developer and VM. The development is not complete, although my property is, and I guess that is why they are not signing off individual houses.

There is a cable running past the house which serviced the properties previously on the site, but I guess the majority of the legwork here will be in the cabinets nearby.

Take up Stephen 's offer of help. It's his forte and will be able to tell you what is happening.

alestescarrow 27-06-2017 13:15

Quote:

Want to drop me a PM with your address details and I will get this checked out for you alestescarrow.

Cheers

Stephen
Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35905119)
Take up Stephen 's offer of help. It's his forte and will be able to tell you what is happening.

Thanks, I have already done so. Fingers crossed!

alestescarrow 29-06-2017 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by weesteev (Post 35904977)

Cheers

Stephen

Hi Stephen, did you have any luck as yet?

Thankfully at least got a cheap deal on 4G broadband for now, to be honest I think it's the developer going at snail's pace.

Out of interest, I've got a strange set up where there is absolutely no NTE5 plate anywhere in the property, but there is a phone extension socket on a media plate. There are also two blank VM branded plates in the living room and bedroom, and a non branded plate in the bedroom. It will be interesting to see how it's all wired up because I absolutely have no clue as yet!

alestescarrow 02-08-2017 11:27

The postcode checker on VM has now changed to the following message:

Quote:

Get in!

Our cables are now in place, so you can get Virgin Media for the first time.

Choose us and with the UK's fastest widely available broadband# at your fingertips, you'll be able to work and play faster, smarter and harder than ever before!
Leave us your contact details and we’ll be in touch to let you know what you could get if you sign up for our services
Incidentally at the same time, a VM customer team member rang me regarding previous contact and indicated that it could be 18 months before a connection? ( :o )

It also looks like the road is being dug up by a multi-utility contractor. I'm not entirely sure that there is VM work involved, however they have been digging up the roadway alongside the completed properties (which have all other connections beside VM now) and there are pieces of green ducting spread on my driveway. At the same time, a brown omnibox and black toby box with a CATV lid have been fitted on my property.

Any ideas what this means? It seems like VM has many departments and the callcentre staff have very little understanding where these issues go.

Thanks

pip08456 02-08-2017 12:18

Has weesteev not got back to you?

alestescarrow 02-08-2017 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35910349)
Has weesteev not got back to you?

He has thanks, I think this development may be causing VM a bit of a headache!