Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   New update causing games to crash? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33654851)

cimt 01-09-2009 12:51

New update causing games to crash?

Yesterday I was playing Uncharted for a couple of hours without even the game having the smallest little crash, now today when I go to play it (after the new update had installed) the game crashed within 5 mins of loading it up twice. So, is it just me or is anyone else having problems?

icestar2 01-09-2009 16:34

Re: New update causing games to crash?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34864917)
Yesterday I was playing Uncharted for a couple of hours without even the game having the smallest little crash, now today when I go to play it (after the new update had installed) the game crashed within 5 mins of loading it up twice. So, is it just me or is anyone else having problems?

Right first thing to try is playing without being signed into the PSN. See if that works. If you need to be signed in turn off the new "Whats new" feature in the system setting's. It might not work but in one of the older updates there were the same problems with that scrolling news bar. Switching it off fixed the crashes till there was an update again. What model PS3 do you have to please ?

Be aware this might not help at all. I am just going on past experience with an old update that had similair problems with some games. Might be worth looking on the EU forums Cimt to see if anyone else is having the same problems to. There may be another work around by now.

STONEISLAND 01-09-2009 16:43

Update?

Am i missing somthing?

icestar2 01-09-2009 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34865012)
Update?

Am i missing somthing?

Did you not hear that firmware 3.00 was due today ? 1st Sept. Couple new features like animated themes, BBC iPlayer intigrated into the XMB although only a link to the web player. News look friends system. Horrible gray ! though. All the icons have been made bigger. New startup logo which is the logo of the new PS3 slim. A whats new Feature on the XMB and a second PS store link in the games section of XMB with latest releases etc etc on it.

There's more stuff to but I cant remember it all. It was announced at Gamescom and released today.

cimt 01-09-2009 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by icestar2 (Post 34865006)
Right first thing to try is playing without being signed into the PSN. See if that works. If you need to be signed in turn off the new "Whats new" feature in the system setting's. It might not work but in one of the older updates there were the same problems with that scrolling news bar. Switching it off fixed the crashes till there was an update again. What model PS3 do you have to please ?

Be aware this might not help at all. I am just going on past experience with an old update that had similair problems with some games. Might be worth looking on the EU forums Cimt to see if anyone else is having the same problems to. There may be another work around by now.

People on DS have said that some games are now crashing on them. Anyways, I signed out of PSN and it seems to be working fine so far. I've got the 80GB PS3, the newer model with only 2 USB ports.

icestar2 01-09-2009 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34865048)
People on DS have said that some games are now crashing on them. Anyways, I signed out of PSN and it seems to be working fine so far. I've got the 80GB PS3, the newer model with only 2 USB ports.

If its working when your signed out then like I said chance's are its a similiar issue. Would of thought they learnt there lesson last-time. Guess not. Wouldn't worry to much though it will no doubt be patched within a couple days.

cimt 01-09-2009 18:07

You may wanna ignore what I just said, it just crashed on me.

ThunderPants73 27-09-2009 14:51

Personally I don't like the new stuff added by the latest firmware update, every time I turn my kit on it slaps me in the face with yet more advertising, the BBC iplayer keeps stalling and the music video thing is crippled by constant adverts. Oh well, that's my Sunday whine over with.