Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PS3 controller help (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33643371)

STONEISLAND 22-12-2008 12:38

PS3 controller help

PS3 controller help

Why is it every time I turn the PS3 on either by console of controller the default setting is player 2!!??
Very annoying as you cannot change it until you go to a game. It happens everytime I do it?

TIA

icestar2 22-12-2008 12:45

Re: PS3 controler help

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34702153)
PS3 controller help

Why is it every time I turn the PS3 on either by console of controller the default setting is player 2!!??
Very annoying as you cannot change it until you go to a game. It happens everytime I do it?

TIA

Plug your conrtoller into USB port 1 and then hold the PS button on the controller down for 5 seconds. Then click assign controller and set it to number 1.

Thats how you would do it for a new controller so give it a try m8 and let me know how you get on.

STONEISLAND 22-12-2008 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by icestar2 (Post 34702157)
Plug your conrtoller into USB port 1 and then hold the PS button on the controller down for 5 seconds. Then click assign controller and set it to number 1.

Thats how you would do it for a new controller so give it a try m8 and let me know how you get on.

I'm sure i tried that but not in the USB slot 1.
I will give it a go.

Graham M 22-12-2008 12:56

The USB port you use shouldn't make a difference, you should be able to assign the controller to whatever player you want

icestar2 22-12-2008 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 34702162)
The USB port you use shouldn't make a difference, you should be able to assign the controller to whatever player you want

True but since he was having a problem I thought its worth a try.

STONEISLAND 22-12-2008 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham M (Post 34702162)

Well if thats the case I have it!

I will try again in port one and run my old controler flat, and try again. :)

RealDiamond 22-12-2008 13:41

Re: PS3 controller help

Remove/disconnect any USB controllers
steering wheel,
singstar mics
Buzz controllers.
Rockband
Guitar Hero

The usb Ports of the PS3 will be selected as controllers first over the bluetooth drivers connected devices. This is why there is a manual override on the XMB for selecting the controller pads number.

STONEISLAND 22-12-2008 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealDiamond (Post 34702173)
Remove/disconnect any USB controllers
steering wheel,
singstar mics
Buzz controllers.
Rockband
Guitar Hero

The usb Ports of the PS3 will be selected as controllers first over the bluetooth drivers connected devices. This is why there is a manual override on the XMB for selecting the controller pads number.

Thanks for that. I may have the buzz USB pluged in now you mention it. :dunce:

icestar2 22-12-2008 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by STONEISLAND (Post 34702181)
Thanks for that. I may have the buzz USB pluged in now you mention it. :dunce:

Lol stone. I assumed you only had 1 controller in. Hope you get it sorted buddy.