Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : What a waste of our time (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686514)

Arthurgray50@blu 22-03-2012 15:40

What a waste of our time

I have a very big question for members of this forum, My wife and l have finally come to an agreement, that due to costs we are moving totally to VM.

But what a nightmare trying to organise something simple with VM is totally annoying, we have checked the VM Website, and on there it clearly tells you that for existing customers you can get the full package for a decent price with free sky sports for three months and FREE Tivo box - when you agree to pay £5.00 per month, which we like.

This is where the nightmare has started, my wife contacted them yesterday, and said that she wanted the full package along with Sky Sports etc. the price was reasonable as we have bb and phone, its stated on the web site that Sky sports is free for 3 months.

We asked about the Tivo box, and was told that we have to pay £49.99 for the tivo box - even though it states it free for the box (the latest box you need to pay £49.99).

It clearly states that the 250 box is FREE(activation and install), they have also state that we are not under contract even though we have been with VM since the Telewest days.

My son had a major problem with them the FIRST day of install, he was sold the wrong package.

Any answers as the customer service, retention are trying to flog something which is against the website.:mad:

Anyone know Niell berketts email, as these emails are coming back to me.

The email l have is Niell Berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Digital Fanatic 22-03-2012 15:52

Re: What a waste of our time

Where are you seeing that offer? You already have TV with VM don't you?

3 months TV free is for someone adding TV to their existing package - it also does not include Sky Sports for free The 500gb TiVo is £49 install, there is no 250gb box.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...ee-add-tv.html

Arthurgray50@blu 22-03-2012 17:31

Hi Digital Fanatic, We are with VM BUT don't have Sky sports / movies, As far as l know VM have two types of Tivo Boxes.

We are after the Ist box, BUT VM have stated that we have to pay £49.95 for it, where on the web site it clearly tells you that Upgrade your package and you get Three months free and also you can get a tivo box free of charge (install and Activation) but pay £5.00 per month.:(

Digital Fanatic 22-03-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35403960)
Hi Digital Fanatic, We are with VM BUT don't have Sky sports / movies, As far as l know VM have two types of Tivo Boxes.

We are after the Ist box, BUT VM have stated that we have to pay £49.95 for it, where on the web site it clearly tells you that Upgrade your package and you get Three months free and also you can get a tivo box free of charge (install and Activation) but pay £5.00 per month.:(

so you already have a TV option from them? If so then I think you are getting confused with the website.

Yes there are 2 types of TiVo boxes. 500gb and 1TB.

Can you post the link to the offer please? Plus what TV option are you on at the moment?

This is the TiVo offer, which states that installation of £49 needs to be paid, with a extra monthly fee of £5.
http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...ox-prices.html
Quote:

Free TiVo Box activation: Irrespective of the number of set-top boxes you already have, for every new sale - If you take a 500GB TiVo box as your first box, the activation fee will be waived; if you take a 1TB TiVo box as your first box, we will reduce the activation fee to £49.95. TiVo box upgrade is not available to customers on TV M. Standard installation fee of £49.95 applies.
And here is the sky Movies/sports bundles details:
http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...ow-to-buy.html

Arthurgray50@blu 22-03-2012 18:19

How much does the TiVo box cost?

Activation fees
Monthly fee
(per box)

TiVo 500GB
(stores around 250 hours of standard TV)
Free
(worth £49.95)
£5

This also states Its free to activate and instal

TiVo 1TB
(stores around 500 hours of standard TV)
£49.95
£5

This is the website infor and what l am going on

Digital Fanatic 22-03-2012 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35403994)

Activation fees
Monthly fee
(per box)

TiVo 500GB
Free
(worth £49.95)
£5

This also states Its free to activate and instal

TiVo 1TB
£49.95
£5

This is the website infor and what l am going on

Can you post the link please?, thanks :)
Quote:

Activation fees

Monthly fee
(per box)

TiVo 500GB

Free
(worth £49.95)

£5

TiVo 1TB

£49.95

£5

Quote:

*Installation fee of £49.95 applies. Additional box fee of £6.50 per month may apply. Our TiVo box is not available on our TV M service. Customers on TV M will need to upgrade to TV M+, L or XL.

Arthurgray50@blu 22-03-2012 19:01

I have checked the VM website for EXISTING CUSTOMERS for UPGRADE and this is what it say's

Activation fees

Monthly fee
(per box)

TiVo 500GB

Free
(worth £49.95)

£5

TiVo 1TB

£49.95

£5

Where would you like your new TiVo Box?

I am existing customer, l am on XL but without the sports channels, l want to upgrade, and to get Tivo, it clearly tells you that you can get the above.

I just want the FIRST Tivo box NOT the new one, and it clearly tells you Itd FREE install and FREE activation BUT £5.00 per month - check it out yourself.

Sirius 22-03-2012 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35404010)
I have checked the VM website for EXISTING CUSTOMERS for UPGRADE and this is what it say's

Activation fees

Monthly fee
(per box)

TiVo 500GB

Free
(worth £49.95)

£5

TiVo 1TB

£49.95

£5

Where would you like your new TiVo Box?

I am existing customer, l am on XL but without the sports channels, l want to upgrade, and to get Tivo, it clearly tells you that you can get the above.

I just want the FIRST Tivo box NOT the new one, and it clearly tells you Itd FREE install and FREE activation BUT £5.00 per month - check it out yourself.

Arthur just post a link to it

Digital Fanatic 22-03-2012 19:35

the page says:

Quote:

Want to know what’s even better than having the future of TV in your own home? That it won’t cost you a fortune. Upgrade now and you can get our 500GB box with free activation worth £49.95*. Alternatively, you could choose our 1TB box for just £49.95*.
Quote:

*Installation fee of £49.95 applies. Additional box fee of £6.50 per month may apply. Our TiVo box is not available on our TV M service. Customers on TV M will need to upgrade to TV M+, L or XL.
http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing...ox-prices.html

danielf 22-03-2012 19:35

Arthur: it looks like there are two fees: an activation fee, and an installation fee, and they're both £49.95. The activation fee is waived, and that leaves the installation fee.

VM seems worse than Ryanair...

Digital Fanatic 22-03-2012 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35404023)
Arthur: it looks like there are two fees: an activation fee, and an installation fee, and they're both £49.95. The activation fee is waived, and that leaves the installation fee.

Nobody is worse than Ryanair! :LOL:

devilincarnate 22-03-2012 19:37

Quote:

No one can be that bad:erm:

Arthurgray50@blu 22-03-2012 20:05

Well to me the website is totally misleading, I read on the website that if you take out the XL package, and get Tivo (with FREE Install and Activation) with phone etc.

Which is simple, and yet as an existing customer on the XL Package and you want to get Tivo, the sales staff want as get as much money as possible. My son had terrible trouble with them last week on the FIRST DAY of instal, and took SEVEN calls to sort.

I wonder why l bother with VM

denphone 22-03-2012 20:07

Quote:

Most companies levy charges of some sort and if people are really that unhappy then we do have a freedom of choice in this country and customers are entitled to go where they can get the best deal.:)

devilincarnate 22-03-2012 20:09

On a second thought?

"What a waste of our time" thread is what this is?