Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Kelly Communications (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=30620)

iain_herts 21-06-2005 01:32

Kelly Communications

hi all now im looking for a new job iv just seen a advert on a job site for TRAINEE CABLE ENGINEER now has any1 got any feed back on Kelly Communications wot are they like as a company etc.

thanks iain

danielf 21-06-2005 01:38

Re: Kelly Communications

The managing director looks like he's sitting on a broomstick :D

http://www.kelly.co.uk/Subindex.htm

Nidge 21-06-2005 06:03

Aviod aviod aviod, Kelly communications are the worse ones to work for in the industry, their pay is based on intallations so if you don't do an install you don't get paid. Please aviod them at all costs.

iain_herts 21-06-2005 13:45

thanks for that nidge

Nidge 21-06-2005 18:21

It's no problem mate, Kelly lost the contract round our way last year due to bad workmanship, I know a few lads who used to work for them who said the pay was terrible, if you are a 2 man team you get £12 per install that has to be split 2 ways, you both get £6. If you only do 1 install a day your not going to earn much per week.

shotha 08-09-2008 14:32

Hi there i applied for a job as an installations engineer and havn't heard anything off them. Do you have any telephone numbers of managers i can call?

Raistlin 08-09-2008 14:38

Your best bet would be to contact the person/department to whom you sent your application.

:welcome: to Cable Forum by the way.

shotha 08-09-2008 14:53

Thanks Raistlin. I know there is a Kelly Communications site somewere in Dudley or Stoubridge do you have their number as i wanted to find out if they had any openings there. I have had a look on the internet but couldn't find the place.
I have just phoned the number on the application form and they have said they are only recruiting down south.

Raistlin 08-09-2008 14:55

Sorry, can't help you further - neither I nor Cable Forum have any direct links with Kelly Communications.

shotha 08-09-2008 15:02

Thanks Raistlin.
I think i will phone up Avonline and try and get their number.
Kind Regards

AntiSilence 08-09-2008 17:36

Hmmm.... Noticed this morning on my way to work that there's a load of Kelly Comms vans at a largeish place just across the road from where I work. There used to be a load of ntl vans there a while back, but they all disappeared.

Nidge 10-09-2008 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34634241)
Hmmm.... Noticed this morning on my way to work that there's a load of Kelly Comms vans at a largeish place just across the road from where I work. There used to be a load of ntl vans there a while back, but they all disappeared.

Is that the place in Huthwaite just of Common Road.

AntiSilence 10-09-2008 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nidge (Post 34635419)
Is that the place in Huthwaite just of Common Road.

It is indeed. Just off Common Road on Fulwood Road South.

countrygirl 04-08-2009 21:39

Do not work for Kelly communications,unless you want to be out at work till ten o clock at night and be poorly paid for it!,thats if your lucky enough of course to be paid your wages on time!
Kellys is a company consisting of poor leadership,organization and communication skills,considering they are a communications company they are not very good at communicating the correct routes and wages for their staff.
Considering they are only a sub contractor to virgin media they are giving all their engineers and virgin media employees a bad reputation.

Graham M 05-08-2009 00:10

Fair enough, although this thread is almost a year old :) :welcome: by the way