Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

weenie 30-01-2015 17:02

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35756071)
So the news is I was rushed to addenbrookes hospital last night to start emergency dyalysis as the dye from the angiogram has killed my kidneys. I must admit at the moment I don't feel positive.

Sorry to hear that dilli thinking of you and Natalie, take care.

dilli-theclaw 30-01-2015 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35756147)
Yuck.

On a moaning note, trying to arrange patient transport to get to Lister Hospital tomorrow, being knocked from pillar to post :(

It took me ages to get into the patient transport system, I hope you manage to sort it.

Hom3r 30-01-2015 18:09

My mum has been told to go for Hospital transport as its in the UCH in London, but we won't let her travel alone.

Its only 1 hour from Epping to Warren St by tube, so next time I'll get an oyster card.

dilli-theclaw 31-01-2015 02:06

Scottish power - who refuse point blank to deal with Natalie. Now I have to try to sort them out tomorrow. And to think I'm supposed to be not getting stressed.

weenie 31-01-2015 02:48

That's terrible but then again I'm sure I heard somewhere that Scottish Power do not have very good customer service although I've always found them okay to deal with. Hope you get it sorted dilli, you and Natalie have enough to deal with at the moment. Take care and try and not get to worked up over it.

---------- Post added at 02:48 ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 ----------

My moan is I can't sleep till our Steve gets home from his night out :(

denphone 31-01-2015 05:16

l hope your son got home safely weenie as one does worry about our offspring when they are out.

weenie 31-01-2015 13:05

Thanks den he got home about 10 minutes after my post. I know he is 22 but I just cannot sleep till he get's home.

nashville 31-01-2015 13:53

Hope you feel better soon, Take Care we are thinking of you

dilli-theclaw 01-02-2015 06:30

I know I'm more of a moaner than usual these days but......
After all that's gone on I've gone and picked up a cold in the hospital. Honestly I feel bloody terrible :(

Not a good night and not coping.

God I need some lemsip!

denphone 01-02-2015 08:19

That's the last thing you wanted dilli as it just seems to be one thing after another and l just pray and hope that things pick up for you soon.

dilli-theclaw 01-02-2015 08:22

I don't feel like they will today.

denphone 01-02-2015 08:52

l know but try to have positive thoughts dilli as the tunnel might be dark at the moment but there is light at the end of that tunnel.

joglynne 01-02-2015 12:39

@ dilli. Trust you to go one step further than necessary. Anything to get attention. :D :D :D

<< Jo runs off quickly before she gets a bed pan thrown at her. >>

dilli-theclaw 01-02-2015 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35756527)
@ dilli. Trust you to go one step further than necessary. Anything to get attention. :D :D :D

<< Jo runs off quickly before she gets a bed pan thrown at her. >>

it is actually ironic

I go in with a dodgy ticker and I get a cold :)

And watch it or I'll throw a full bed pan at you :)

joglynne 01-02-2015 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35756546)
it is actually ironic

I go in with a dodgy ticker and I get a cold :)

And watch it or I'll throw a full bed pan at you :)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/02/9.gif Promises, promises. The day you can fill a pan I will happily let you take aim at me. Though I doubt if you would be able to hit me before I ran http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...-anime-050.gif to hide behind Natalie. :D :D :D

Gary L 01-02-2015 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35756549)
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2015/02/9.gif Promises, promises. The day you can fill a pan I will happily let you take aim at me. Though I doubt if you would

He just needs to not empty it for a few days :)

joglynne 01-02-2015 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35756553)
He just needs to not empty it for a few days :)

No fear of that happening. :D

Osem 01-02-2015 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35756071)
So the news is I was rushed to addenbrookes hospital last night to start emergency dyalysis as the dye from the angiogram has killed my kidneys. I must admit at the moment I don't feel positive.

Dilli you are without doubt the most positive person I have ever come across. Don't give up on that no matter how hard things get - it makes you the very special person you are. Like everyone here I'm hoping your luck will soon change for the better. :tu:

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35756283)
My moan is I can't sleep till our Steve gets home from his night out :(

I'm the same you know. We had a rare kid free day yesterday with our youngest in respite and our eldest out all day doing karate and football. He wasn't exactly at huge risk but even so, I was so glad to have him home safe and sound when he rolled in at 9.45pm... :)

weenie 01-02-2015 14:48

I'm not so bad when he goes out where we live tbh, but he was out with his Uni friends in Glasgow and I hate/worry about that till he comes home. I know the same can happen in his home town but at least he is known and I'm sure someone would let me and his Dad know if trouble was about to start if you know what I mean, at least we could go and get him within a few minutes rather than the 25 minutes it would take for Glasgow.

dilli-theclaw 03-02-2015 23:20

I'm so very tired, weak and short of breath all the time now :(

denphone 04-02-2015 04:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35757136)
I'm so very tired, weak and short of breath all the time now :(

Stick in there dilli and hopefully very soon your health will turn for the better as our thoughts and best wishes are with you.

MalteseFalcon 04-02-2015 08:50

My moan is at myself. Wondered why my tumble drier wasn't working, got very cross. Then realised I hadn't plugged it in. Whoops.

dilli-theclaw 04-02-2015 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35757161)
My moan is at myself. Wondered why my tumble drier wasn't working, got very cross. Then realised I hadn't plugged it in. Whoops.

whilst I am sorry to hear that you did make me giggle ;)

denphone 04-02-2015 09:04

Quote:

Wait till you get to 50 Mark as the memory starts to go even more downhill from there onwards.:)

weenie 04-02-2015 09:12

Quote:

Well that would help ;) also I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes that mistake. I've done similar myself Mark only it was my hair straighteners on the plus side I now have two pairs as I went out and purchased another pair.

MalteseFalcon 04-02-2015 09:26

Glad I was able to cheer you up dilli. Hope things go well. Know a husband of a friend who is in Papworth recovering after having surgery to remove lung cancer. Sounds like a nice hospital.

Hope my mind doesn't go den, already starting with arthritis in my right knee as the surgeon told me I would get it when they operated on my knee in 2009. Realised the other night that this July it will be 6 years since that op. How time flies.

thenry 04-02-2015 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35755431)
It's a terrible thing to waste that's for sure

I'm ready.

weenie 05-02-2015 09:08

ABS lights on in car and won't go off, looks like a visit to the garage :(

dilli-theclaw 05-02-2015 09:16

I want to make balloon animals out of some rubber gloves but they won't let me have any - that sucks ;) :)

arcimedes 06-02-2015 10:06

Just got another bill for eldest granddaughter. She is taking A-levels in English, Geography and Music however the school doesn't have enough teachers for geography and music ( sickness ) so for music composition and back chorale we are now paying for private lessons. She was also sent on a one day course for teachers and students on how the marking is done. The school said she had to pay for the course. No teachers went from the school :rolleyes: see above for reason.

weenie 06-02-2015 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35757367)
ABS lights on in car and won't go off, looks like a visit to the garage :(

Well this is a strange one ABS light off today so no need to make an appointment for garage which is good but I do wonder what caused the light to come on :confused:

heero_yuy 06-02-2015 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35757612)
Well this is a strange one ABS light off today so no need to make an appointment for garage which is good but I do wonder what caused the light to come on :confused:

Maybe the bulbs gone...:erm:

Is the faulty warning light warning light lit? :D

Seriously I'd get it checked out: The garage will be able to read the diagnostics from the cars computer logs and then they'll know if it was some glitch or something that really needs looking at.

weenie 06-02-2015 14:51

Thanks I will better safe than sorry. Just phoned hubby and he said to get it checked also he also said that these lights don't come on for no reason.

heero_yuy 06-02-2015 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35757617)
Thanks I will better safe than sorry.

Good girl. Can't take chances with the brakes. Time was when the first sign of trouble was they just didn't work. Thankfully cars have better systems and warnings these days.

Hom3r 06-02-2015 18:16

All will likely happen is ABS won't work and brakes will lock if pressed too hard.

But still get it checked.

SnoopZ 06-02-2015 22:33

My girlfriend was due to fly back to England in the morning after 5 weeks visiting family overseas, unfortunately she woke up full of a fever/cold/sore throat this morning so won't make the flight.

Luckily i managed to change the flight easily for a small rebooking fee for Valentines day in a weeks time!

heero_yuy 07-02-2015 10:20

Washing machine's leaking but only when spinning (to pump out). Looks like the door rubber. Thought is was the pump seal as that's often what leaks but not this time.

I'll fix it but the machine is getting well past it. Time to save up some pennies for a new one.

denphone 07-02-2015 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35757727)
Washing machine's leaking but only when spinning (to pump out). Looks like the door rubber. Thought is was the pump seal as that's often what leaks but not this time.

I'll fix it but the machine is getting well past it. Time to save up some pennies for a new one.

How long have you had the machine heero?.

heero_yuy 07-02-2015 10:34

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35757728)
How long have you had the machine heero?.

I've had it for 25 years but it was diverted from a skip so it is a lot older. It was dumped because a contact had failed in the programmer. Fixed that and it's been pretty reliable since. But it's falling to bits now.

looks like this only much more "used"

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...5&d=1423305147

Attachment 25945

Julian 07-02-2015 10:45

Whatever you do, don't press the BIO button!!!!!!!!!!

:eek::shocking::help::omg:

denphone 07-02-2015 10:48

Yes its certainly had a good life but l think now is the time to give it a good send off and buy a new one heero.

heero_yuy 07-02-2015 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35757733)
Yes its certainly had a good life but l think now is the time to give it a good send off and buy a new one heero.

Yes. I'll fix it to carry on for the next few weeks. I like Bosch stuff for tools so I'll have a look at their offerings. Want a really good spin speed and ideally be able to take duvets.

I'll canabalise some parts off the machine as my mother also has an Indisit though more modern but some parts are compatible like the bearing spider.

It's just finished the spin. I've checked the door rubber and there's a couple of splits near the top. Explains why it only leaks at the start of the spin when it whirls a lot of water about.

dilli-theclaw 07-02-2015 12:09

I really can't be arsed with it today and getting stressed out with the ex about Peter, don't feel like eating so no dinner for me either.

weenie 07-02-2015 12:23

Try and eat something dilli even if it's just a slice of toast as you need to keep your strength up, sorry to hear about your ex stressing you out. I assume Peter is your son.

dilli-theclaw 07-02-2015 12:24

He is indeed.

Julian 07-02-2015 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35757734)
Yes. I'll fix it to carry on for the next few weeks. I like Bosch stuff for tools so I'll have a look at their offerings. Want a really good spin speed and ideally be able to take duvets.

I'll canabalise some parts off the machine as my mother also has an Indisit though more modern but some parts are compatible like the bearing spider.

It's just finished the spin. I've checked the door rubber and there's a couple of splits near the top. Explains why it only leaks at the start of the spin when it whirls a lot of water about.

Iadom is your man here for those things ;)

Hom3r 07-02-2015 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35757730)
I've had it for 25 years but it was diverted from a skip so it is a lot older. It was dumped because a contact had failed in the programmer. Fixed that and it's been pretty reliable since. But it's falling to bits now.

looks like this only much more "used"

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...5&d=1423305147

Attachment 25945

Well I'd buy an Indesit if the last one lasted 25+ years how long for the next.

heero_yuy 07-02-2015 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35757777)
Well I'd buy an Indesit if the last one lasted 25+ years how long for the next.

They don't make them like they used to. :(

All the modern ones are stuffed with failure prone electronics and crappy motors.

This one lasted because it's so simple: One motor* does everything and a simple rotary programmer.

* Two speed reversible induction motor is quite special.

weenie 07-02-2015 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35757786)
They don't make them like they used to. :(

No they do not sadly.

dilli-theclaw 09-02-2015 11:51

My op has been moved to Monday, just got my head round it too now more time to stew on it. :(

raging bull 09-02-2015 12:21

Something to have a laugh on Dilli!
Like yourself I have had a cold/nose bunged up.
I decided to have a poke into nose to remove bogey or two, ended up with a 3 day nosebleed.
(Remember I'm on tablets to stop blood clotting, blood would not stop even with cotton wool stuffed up)
Note to myself - leave bogies alone in future. lol

dilli-theclaw 09-02-2015 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35758090)
I decided to have a poke into nose to remove bogey or two, ended up with a 3 day nosebleed.
(Remember I'm on tablets to stop blood clotting, blood would not stop even with cotton wool stuffed up)

Eeeewwwwww

The worst blood thing here was one of the fine blokes with issues pulled his own cannular out and plopped it on my table for me. Nice :)

weenie 09-02-2015 16:12

Double yuck...:sick:

Hom3r 09-02-2015 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35758090)

That happened to my mum and we had to take her up to A&E, IIRC they sprayed something like cocaine up the nose.

heero_yuy 09-02-2015 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35758166)
That happened to my mum and we had to take her up to A&E, IIRC they sprayed something like cocaine up the nose.

More likely to be adrenalin spray. Same as applied to boxers cuts to stop the blood flow quick.

Stephen 10-02-2015 13:44

Bought an LG G3 off eBay and it just arrived.

Seller claims was an unwanted upgrade however its actually a Chinese copy and NOT the genuine phone! Bloody raging.

As soon as I opened it I had a few worries. Charger and earphones not real LG ones. Then battery only had Chinese text on it. When starting phone if I pressed the screen it moved and went white like a cheap LCD would. Screen res is only 720p and the OS was not looking right at all.

Paypal claim filed. Grrrrrrrr

MalteseFalcon 10-02-2015 13:53

I'd be cross if I was you as well. Personally, never bought anything like that off eBay but I do know there are scammers on there. I got one person removed as they took 2 weeks to post something then because they hadn't paid enough I had to pay the extra postage. I left neutral feedback and told the seller and eBay that had I been allowed to leave negative feedback I would have done. When I went to check on their feedback score an hour later, the account had been taken off eBay.

weenie 10-02-2015 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35758360)

Seller claims was an unwanted upgrade however its actually a Chinese copy and NOT the genuine phone! Bloody raging.

Hope you get your money back Stephen.

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

The wee one has just came home and trailed dog poo over my living room carpet that he had on his trainers. All cleaned up now but as soon as hubby gets home we will be off to Asda to hire a Rug Doctor as I need to be sure it's all gone. This really makes me angry dog owner's who do not pick up their dog's mess. Garage phoned and it's the sensor that needs replaced and that's why the ABS light is on. Oh this day is just getting better :rolleyes:

dilli-theclaw 10-02-2015 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35758360)

As soon as I opened it I had a few worries. Charger and earphones not real LG ones. Then battery only had Chinese text on it. When starting phone if I pressed the screen it moved and went white like a cheap LCD would. Screen res is only 720p and the OS was not looking right at all.

Well that fricking sucks!

Stephen 10-02-2015 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35758365)
I'd be cross if I was you as well. Personally, never bought anything like that off eBay but I do know there are scammers on there. I got one person removed as they took 2 weeks to post something then because they hadn't paid enough I had to pay the extra postage. I left neutral feedback and told the seller and eBay that had I been allowed to leave negative feedback I would have done. When I went to check on their feedback score an hour later, the account had been taken off eBay.

Thing is I did my usual checks before bidding to make sure. Only one neutral feedback. Been an eBay member for 10 years. Both a seller and buyer with good feedback.

Photos of the phone back casing do actually appear slightly different to what I received.

Well so much for trying to save a bit of cash. When I get it back I am just going to purchase off amazon or ebuyer.

dilli-theclaw 11-02-2015 13:11

Why are the doctors in here so cute it's very distracting, I'm trying my hardest to focus.

denphone 11-02-2015 13:31

You have a naughty roving eye dilli and l hope your wife does not find out.;):D

dilli-theclaw 11-02-2015 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35758638)
You have a naughty roving eye dilli and l hope your wife does not find out.;):D

not half as much as I hope so :)

MalteseFalcon 11-02-2015 14:06

Seems Papworth is the hospital to go too then for perving over, er sorry being cured by, hot female doctors and nurses. Had to stop seeing one GP as she used to get my BP rising and I'd need to make a second appointment to see the nurse. Always fine when I saw the nurse.

Gary L 11-02-2015 15:13

I always remember that time when I was about 10 on a hospital ward. I know what them nurses were doing with the man in the bed next to me behind the curtains :)

weenie 11-02-2015 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35758642)
not half as much as I hope so :)

LOL :)

Hom3r 11-02-2015 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35758633)
Why are the doctors in here so cute it's very distracting, I'm trying my hardest to focus.

Think "The Singing Detective"

nashville 12-02-2015 18:12

Just received a bill in from the council, Cleared gutter, fixed door close which was swollen with dampness, £ 81 each from 6 tennants £486 total, Robbery I say

MalteseFalcon 12-02-2015 23:37

So I found out earlier on today that because of one week that I was poor during that Christmas job I have been blacklisted by that company. Cannot even do work experience there again voluntarily.

So cross, as he told an employer he was keeping a job for me, kept promising the Earth and then I find out it was all just lies. Felt like going and destroying his brand new store in anger but decided he wasn't worth getting a criminal record for. Why tell lies to your face though?

nashville 13-02-2015 13:56

Good news We got a friend to do the gutters for the price of. Couple of packets of Cigs Now we just have to pay for the door to be fixed,

denphone 13-02-2015 13:57

That's excellent news nash.

Hom3r 13-02-2015 16:47

Why is it when a fighter pilot sees a UFO, people think he his mistaken and saw a weather balloon?

I mean WTF these guys aren't numpties, they can tell what a weather balloon looks like.

weenie 13-02-2015 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35759084)
Why is it when a fighter pilot sees a UFO, people think he his mistaken and saw a weather balloon?

I mean WTF these guys aren't numpties, they can tell what a weather balloon looks like.

They should be able to report their sightings be able to talk about it without fear of ridicule.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/4019...-witness-ufos/

weenie 14-02-2015 11:13

The wee one being woken up this morning at 08:00 to the phone ringing only for it to be a wrong number :mad:
I like my children to have a long lie in on the weekend's.

heero_yuy 14-02-2015 17:37

Bulb in the landing light's just popped. Really difficult to get to as it's so high up. I'll need to get the step ladder out from the garage. I'm going to find an LED version so this will be the last time. Need a point source as it's in a fancy glass paned "star" shade and needs to be sparkly. Old bulb was 40W clear mini globe.

dilli-theclaw 14-02-2015 18:23

I always try to do something for the missus on Valentine's day it didn't manage this year. I have guilt especially as she got me a card.

heero_yuy 14-02-2015 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35759334)
I always try to do something for the missus on Valentine's day it didn't manage this year. I have guilt especially as she got me a card.

I think you have justifiable cause dilli. Just give her a big hug on her next visit.

joglynne 14-02-2015 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35759334)

Silly man, I agree that your timing could have been a tad better but you are in the process of giving her all she has ever wanted. You by her side through thick and thin. As grand gestures go I think what you are both going through just about hits the highest rank. Love to you both.

MalteseFalcon 14-02-2015 21:12

I agree with Jo, giving yourself the best shot of getting better and spending more time with her will go down better than a tacky card and gifts that only get used once and then left.

weenie 14-02-2015 21:29

They will be plenty more Valentine's days dilli, don't beat yourself up over this just give Natalie a kiss and cuddle and utter those three special words.

dilli-theclaw 14-02-2015 21:34

"I love marmite" ? ;) :)

weenie 14-02-2015 21:44

Brilliant reply LOL

heero_yuy 15-02-2015 15:56

TV antenna up on the gable has collapsed so freeview has gone awol. Even pointing in the wrong direction the TV still shows 60% signal but not enough for a stable picture. It's only a backup for VM at the moment.

I'll probably put a new one in the loft rather than have another on the outside of the house.

weenie 16-02-2015 00:49

Really sore tummy at the moment taking Peanuts advice and using hot water bottle (seems to be helping) can't take the tramadol the Doctor has given as they make me too drowsy in the morning so not advisable nor good when you have a school run at 08:25 so the best option for me is hot water bottle and a cuppa of tea.

denphone 16-02-2015 04:30

l hope after a good nights rest you will feel better in the morning weenie.

MalteseFalcon 16-02-2015 09:23

Good job I have no voice, otherwise nPower would be getting an earache from me. Took over a month and half to sort out a refund on our credit, tried to jack up the DD to £116 a month, called and they agreed to cut to £80 a month, checked bank today and they have taken the £116. I think time to look at leaving them, finally seeing for ourselves just how crap their CS is.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

Just vented at them through Twitter, see how long it takes to get a reply.

nashville 16-02-2015 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35759603)
Really sore tummy at the moment taking Peanuts advice and using hot water bottle (seems to be helping) can't take the tramadol the Doctor has given as they make me too drowsy in the morning so not advisable nor good when you have a school run at 08:25 so the best option for me is hot water bottle and a cuppa of tea.

Hope you are feeling better today Nash

---------- Post added at 10:50 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35759621)
Good job I have no voice, otherwise nPower would be getting an earache from me. Took over a month and half to sort out a refund on our credit, tried to jack up the DD to £116 a month, called and they agreed to cut to £80 a month, checked bank today and they have taken the £116. I think time to look at leaving them, finally seeing for ourselves just how crap their CS is.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 ----------

Just vented at them through Twitter, see how long it takes to get a reply.

Terrible when this happens, Hope you get it sorted

weenie 16-02-2015 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35759611)
l hope after a good nights rest you will feel better in the morning weenie.

Thanks den and Nash, I did eventually get to sleep but today I did something I don't usually do and that was I went for a nap after dropping the wee one off at school. Feeling better today :)

raging bull 16-02-2015 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35759603)

What you have described are 2 of the many side effects of taking Tramadol.
I would suggest going back to your GP and tell all!
(I managed to take Tramadol + Pregabalin together for 4years, starting from low dosage increasing by 25mg every 3months or so. Some days I found myself unable to take this combined dosage, dosage reduced as time went by until I found an alternative.)
Coming off Tramadol has to be done in a controlled way depending on length of time on this. Pink elephants comes to my mind if reduction not done correctly!

weenie 16-02-2015 19:39

Seeing my Doctor on Thursday morning and will say to him then that the pain killers he has given are no good for me as they make me too drowsy.

raging bull 16-02-2015 21:09

Depending on the cause/nature of pain, there are some seriously strong pain killers available! Finding the correct medication I found was a 'hit &miss affair, eventually I latched onto a chiropractor who located the cause of my lower back pain and worked on my joints over a 2year period thus alleviating the need for the strong pain relief.
I go back to chiro every 6months or so just to fine tune spine alignment.

MalteseFalcon 16-02-2015 22:20

Whatever you do, do not ever take dihydro codeine or morphine unless absolutely necessary. Apart from being very addictive, they knock you out something rotten. After my knee surgery my GP prescribed me the dihydro codeine option. Let's just say that in a 24 hour period, I was lucky to be awake for 10 hours.

Probably why prescribed, if I'm sleeping all the time I can't be tempted to get up and try going back to normal for a week or so.

Hom3r 16-02-2015 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35759722)
Seeing my Doctor on Thursday morning and will say to him then that the pain killers he has given are no good for me as they make me too drowsy.

Try looking into acupuncture, my sister uses it for IBS pain relief.

nashville 16-02-2015 23:04

I had D Codeine. After a back operation in 2004 I was glad to come off them. They made me sleep and drowsy and although they helped the pain at the time. Tramadol was the same, I just worked myself down to paracetamol. It took time but I came ok. Back Operation was not as good a success as promised, but it was better than it was before,
Take care Weenie

Hom3r 17-02-2015 21:27

Acupuncture won't work immediately but need several session to start to take effect.

weenie 17-02-2015 21:29

I will definitely try it and let you know how I get on at the moment I'm trying reflexology which is very relaxing.

nashville 17-02-2015 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35759936)
I will definitely try it and let you know how I get on at the moment I'm trying reflexology which is very relaxing.

I tried acupuncture , but it was no use for me at all, but everyone is different

heero_yuy 18-02-2015 08:50

I won't make the joke about not getting the point. :Sprint:

weenie 19-02-2015 13:35

Thought I would save some pennies by not tumble drying today so I hung out the washing nice and early and came home to find it soaked Arhh rain. The maddening part is if I was just 30 minutes earlier it would more than likely have been nearly dry if not dry.

heero_yuy 19-02-2015 15:02

Bloatware. :rolleyes: Just downloaded a universal librarian reader to take manufacturers component data and export it to my CAD.

ULADI_reader

375 bleeding Megabytes. It's only a friggin' viewer not even the full featured product FGS. Saves me time but...