Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Probably the ugliest equipment and install I have ever seen (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33676685)

Virginonleavin 02-05-2011 02:18

Re: Probably the ugliest equipment and install I have ever seen

Jesus! After reading this lot I'm thinking about cancelling my install before it's begun - somehow Virgin have to supply my place which has a 20 foot sealed block pavior driveway!... that's before they start tacking the cable to the house! They know it's a 'virgin' property for cable but no-one's even asked any details about the property or told me how they plan to feed the property! :confused:

FairyFairy 02-05-2011 08:43

Just make sure you are there for the install, chat about what you want, where you want it and see exactly what's going on

jb66 02-05-2011 09:47

Ask for a pre install visit

martyh 02-05-2011 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyFairy (Post 35227032)
Just make sure you are there for the install, chat about what you want, where you want it and see exactly what's going on

and plenty of tea and biscuits :D

FairyFairy 02-05-2011 10:02

:):)

Tea and biscuits are standard practise for anyone

nick2xuk 07-05-2011 18:09

I haven't read all this thread but my install was pretty shoddy.

Our house has a paved driveway and the "installation team" didn't want to pull up any of the blocks so ran the cabling above the drive, it now runs the length of the drive in the green tubing, which connects to the box on the wall. The Tubing was pinned down to anything so just sits on the drive, and as the length wasn't cut quite correctly it doesn't even go in a straight line down the drive, its in sort of an S shape...

I'll see if I can get a picture up when I'm back from work, as it looks really crap.

jb66 07-05-2011 21:17

Sounds reasonable, will give you extra length when you bury it

nick2xuk 07-05-2011 21:35

I won't be burying it, I'm renting the house so not my call.

Was just interesting that they didn't ask how we would have preferred it, and it really does look unprofessional.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me too much so that's that I guess.

Edit: Also, in my above post I meant to put that they hadn't pinned it to anything, therefore it's just sprawled across the drive.

Edit 2: They also put the cabling through an existing hole in the wall where the sky dish's cabling ran through, just chopped the sky cable out!

digitalspace 01-06-2011 19:31

Any update to this, Jason?