Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

denphone 18-02-2014 12:05

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Only a few more weeks and we are up to see my parents in Hampshire for a couple of weeks.

Gary L 18-02-2014 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35673560)
Phone (Indian call centre) - Hello do you use Electricity or Gas?
Me - No we use Mexicans

I don't get it?

dilli-theclaw 18-02-2014 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35673588)
I don't get it?

Oh well.

Uncle Peter 18-02-2014 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35673560)
Phone (Indian call centre) - Hello do you use Electricity or Gas?
Me - No we use Mexicans

Natalie (in the background) falls about laughing

ME - Well at that point I just loose it completely. It could have been a really good call too
ME - Dude?...... Are you still there? - We grind them up for the generator!

Reminds me of the Jerky Boys "Roofing" sketch ;)

which is of course not fit for family consumption and linking from CF!

Russ 19-02-2014 12:21

Due to my ADHD I found out there are extra options and support open to me but I need to speak to the Disability Living Advisor at my local jobcentre to find out more. As it's been quite a long time since I last needed to call them I had no idea you need to call various 0845 number and select various incorrect options before getting disconnected. Due to the hours I work getting to the jobcentre itself is pretty difficult so phoning was really my only option.

Luckily a friend gave me a geographical number for the front desk and although I called it and got straight through to a human within 4 rings, they were really stroppy about me having that number and kept asking where I had it from as "you're not supposed to use this number"....but they still had to help me anyway :D

The satisfaction :)

richard s 19-02-2014 15:39

Wouldn't have been nice if the Koren leader Kim Jong Il and all his Cronies were at the Mansudae Assembly Hall when a nuclear bomb was dropped on them, cut off the Chickens heads in one fell swoop.

weenie 19-02-2014 15:44

Luckily a friend gave me a geographical number for the front desk and although I called it and got straight through to a human within 4 rings, they were really stroppy about me having that number and kept asking where I had it from as "you're not supposed to use this number"....but they still had to help me anyway :D

The satisfaction :)[/QUOTE]

:D you can most geographical number by using say no to 0870 website, and they do not like it usually one bit when you do not use their premium rate numbers so good on you for that. :D

Russ 19-02-2014 15:46

The 0870 website doesn't have many government agency equivalents unfortunately, certainly not local jobcentres.

weenie 19-02-2014 16:08

Shame at least you have their number now :) I know they do some job centre plus number's. I would have loved to have seen their face when you used their geographical number bet it was a picture ... :LOL:

MalteseFalcon 19-02-2014 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35673904)
The 0870 website doesn't have many government agency equivalents unfortunately, certainly not local jobcentres.

I know a local number for my JC, the appointments line. I always go through that to call them, never had any trouble with them by calling that number. Unfortunately, when it comes to calling my regional JC I have to use the 0845 number.

dilli-theclaw 19-02-2014 16:22

Luckily I'm quite near the JC so can see the DEA if I need to their.

But getting anywhere on the phone to the DWP is not so good. The last thing is asking them to send letters out in a format I can read - they STILL get this wrong.

Russ 19-02-2014 16:28

Ohhh dear, even better...just had to ring them back because I hadn't had a callback as promised. I spoke to this person's colleague who said "Oh I'm sorry I think Denise...erm I think she's been quite busy". I replied "So her name is Denise?" to which the woman stuttered a bit and said "Um, no no, I'm not sure who would be dealing with this..."

So how does she know the person has been busy? So I now have her name and direct contact number.

Game, set and match to Russ :)

weenie 19-02-2014 16:42

Game, set and match to Russ, got your number ... :D Denise ...

Mr_love_monkey 19-02-2014 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35673920)
Ohhh dear, even better...just had to ring them back because I hadn't had a callback as promised. I spoke to this person's colleague who said "Oh I'm sorry I think Denise...erm I think she's been quite busy". I replied "So her name is Denise?" to which the woman stuttered a bit and said "Um, no no, I'm not sure who would be dealing with this..."

So how does she know the person has been busy? So I now have her name and direct contact number.

Game, set and match to Russ :)

ermm.. isn't that stalking?? :)

Russ 19-02-2014 17:46

Not at your level :D