Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   "God has answered our prayers for confusion in the Tesco boardroom". (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684605)

Mr Angry 13-01-2012 18:12

"God has answered our prayers for confusion in the Tesco boardroom".

Yes, well, quite.

Such is the claim from "Christian voice".

According to their National Director Stephen Green "...it seems that almighty God, who operates outside space and time, was well ahead of us, anticipating our prayers, and seeing by our actions that our prayers were serious".

Down the Pub 13-01-2012 18:56

Re: "God has answered our prayers for confusion in the Tesco boardroom".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 35361367)
Yes, well, quite.

Such is the claim from "Christian voice".

According to their National Director Stephen Green "...it seems that almighty God, who operates outside space and time, was well ahead of us, anticipating our prayers, and seeing by our actions that our prayers were serious".

smells like someone has been on the 'herbs...........and lots of them to make a claim like this - obviously not the ones available at tesco's (other supermarkets are available) :p:

martyh 13-01-2012 19:10

So because Tesco sponsored a family area at the gay Pride celebtrations they have prayed to God that the company will fail ........not a very Christian ideal

Russ 13-01-2012 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35361435)
So because Tesco sponsored a family area at the gay Pride celebtrations they have prayed to God that the company will fail ........not a very Christian ideal

Out of curiosity, what would you have considered a Christian ideal to have been?

Damien 13-01-2012 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35361477)
Out of curiosity, what would you have considered a Christian ideal to have been?

Tolerance and acceptance of other people? Love your neighbour and only god can judge people? The Christianity I was taught as school is at odds with some of the homophobia display in some, some, sectors of Christianity (mostly in Africa and America).

danielf 13-01-2012 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35361435)

Yes, but the real clincher is that sales went down before the prayers, so the logical conclusion is that God anticipated the prayers, and acted proactively to dent the sales.

martyh 13-01-2012 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35361477)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35361512)
Tolerance and acceptance of other people? Love your neighbour and only god can judge people? The Christianity I was taught as school is at odds with some of the homophobia display in some, some, sectors of Christianity (mostly in Africa and America).

What Damien said ,with the addition of wishing ill will to anyone is not a very christian ideal is it

papa smurf 13-01-2012 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35361520)
What Damien said ,with the addition of wishing ill will to anyone is not a very christian ideal is it

depends on what brand of Christian you are .

martyh 13-01-2012 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35361528)

apparently so ,such is religion:shrug:

papa smurf 13-01-2012 20:43

i wonder if God tipped this bloke the nod to make up for the fall in share price

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...rofits-warning

Bob Robbins, head of Tesco's UK stores, sold 50,000 shares days before profits warning wiped £5bn off retailer's value

Maggy 13-01-2012 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35361560)
i wonder if God tipped this bloke the nod to make up for the fall in share price

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...rofits-warning

Bob Robbins, head of Tesco's UK stores, sold 50,000 shares days before profits warning wiped £5bn off retailer's value

Oh dear! That smacks of insider dealing..:erm:

papa smurf 13-01-2012 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35361569)
Oh dear! That smacks of insider dealing..:erm:

the lord moves in mysterious ways when lining the pockets of the needy ;)

Russ 13-01-2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35361512)
Tolerance and acceptance of other people? Love your neighbour and only god can judge people?

Although you're not the person it was aimed at ;) what makes you say that? Not saying I disagree, just wondering what brings you to those views.

martyh 13-01-2012 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35361613)
Although you're not the person it was aimed at ;) what makes you say that? Not saying I disagree, just wondering what brings you to those views.

and since the original question was aimed at me i will answer that if i may;)

they are basic human values ,which coincidently,are based on christian values or vice versa

Lord Nikon 13-01-2012 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35361528)

Tesco Value Christian perhaps?