Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   fan in laptop (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33691529)

andrewstevenson 14-01-2013 09:47

fan in laptop

My sony laptop is working great but every so often my laptop fan gets loud, it all under warrenty with sony

vpc f21z1e

dilli-theclaw 14-01-2013 09:53

Re: fan in laptop

That'll be the laptop cooling itself down when it's working hard.

Kymmy 14-01-2013 09:58

Fan bearing getting dry.. I'd strip down and then take off the fan cleaning it and placing a blob of silicone grease on the shaft before reassembly. If though under warranty just give them a moan and they should replace it.

Other than that it could just be dirt, try some airduster

tizmeinnit 14-01-2013 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35522889)
Fan bearing getting dry.. I'd strip down and then take off the fan cleaning it and placing a blob of silicone grease on the shaft before reassembly. If though under warranty just give them a moan and they should replace it.

Other than that it could just be dirt, try some airduster

he will give Sony an excuse to void the warranty if he strips it down

as dilli says Most CPU cooling is done via a controlled system which monitors system temp and raises fan speed when required. Pretty much every laptop I see does what is discribed ( telling OP this not you kymmy as I know you know lol)

qasdfdsaq 15-01-2013 16:56

Every so often my wife gets loud. Is that under warranty?

Scrubbs 15-01-2013 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq (Post 35523519)
Every so often my wife gets loud. Is that under warranty?

I think you will find it's a lifetime warranty 'cos it certainly feels like it some times:D

andrewstevenson 20-01-2013 08:17

Well I called Sony and the direction it heading is repair. But is the latest a bad sign fan getting louder hotter and for longer also I got a bsod saying Irq_not_less_or_equal and it can't start it trying start up repair then it launched a second start up repair where it says " checking disc for errors. This might take over a hour to complete" why

tizmeinnit 20-01-2013 09:23

the crash caused the disk to stop mid work so it checks it for consistency this is normal after a crash. You done the right thing sending for repair

andrewstevenson 20-01-2013 09:44

Can this be in relation to a fan overheating And being noisy

tizmeinnit 20-01-2013 09:47

yes

andrewstevenson 20-01-2013 10:20

I was told by Sony that they are likely to want a system recovery. What else can happen with laptop in relation with laptop ie faults

tizmeinnit 20-01-2013 10:24

Pretty much every OEM will do this when they "repair" a computer. They spend no time on initial diagnosis. So you need to make sure anything important is backed up

As for what can go wrong the list is to long to type but everything can go wrong lol

andrewstevenson 20-01-2013 10:45

Can I ask they said they might ask me to do a system recovery Monday, is it needed for me to do that, as this is a hardware issue

tizmeinnit 20-01-2013 11:01

Well they might refuse to repair it if you do not play the game

andrewstevenson 22-01-2013 22:39

Well i spoke with sony and they said to me the sound was like a aeroplane landing. Well thery think motherboard could be overheating and asked for the charger and battery in this case, is that normal