Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704936)

Chad 25-05-2017 20:25

SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme

Just received an e-mail from SKY inviting me to join their loyalty scheme. Here is a copy of the text from their e-mail:

"We would like to thank you for being a Sky customer by inviting you to be one of the first to join Sky VIP - our new loyalty programme.

Enjoy a Buy & Keep movie on us
When you join, there’ll be a Welcome Gift waiting for you to enjoy - a Buy & Keep movie worth up to £13.99.

Coming this summer - your exclusive rewards
You’ll have access to exclusive money-can’t-buy experiences and free tickets to events across the country. And that’s just the start. We’ll be in touch to let you know when all your rewards are ready.

You’re one of the first to be invited. So friends and family might not be able join just yet but, if they download the My Sky app, they’ll be the first to know when they can.

Be first to join our new loyalty programme - Sky VIP

Just go to your My Sky app and tap the Sky VIP button to join. Don’t worry if you can’t see it, you may have to update the app at your app store. It shouldn’t take long."

So I watched a video on my app which was pretty interesting. There are different levels of VIP.

0-3 years - Silver
3-8 years - Gold
8-15 years - Platinum
15+ years - Ultimate Black

Each level of VIP status gives you different rewards. When I accessed the VIP section it explained what rewards each level will receive. There was also a video to watch. Unfortunately after this I couldn't go back to double check the info. What I can remember is:

Free tickets to various events, exclusive TV shows before they are broadcast, what appeared to be the suggestion of free SKY multi screen, people on high level VIP status will pay less for their package etc...

All good. I'm Gold VIP. Just claimed my free movie. Rogue One :D

Paul 25-05-2017 21:17

Re: SKY launch VIP loyalty scheme

What if you dont use their app ?

Chad 25-05-2017 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35900402)
What if you dont use their app ?

You'll get an e-mail from them advising you can join VIP. You must have the app to sign up. No app, no VIP.

No idea if this is true but seen comments online to suggest only 300,000 people invited to join at this stage.

Nsewell 26-05-2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35900418)
No idea if this is true but seen comments online to suggest only 300,000 people invited to join at this stage.

That's correct, it's in order to trial the service before launching it for everyone later in the summer.

GrimUpNorth 26-05-2017 18:49

Got our invite today too.

Cheers

Dave

Stephen 27-05-2017 10:30

Joined yesterday. Picked T2 Trainspotting as my free movie.

I'm only silver.

Chad 03-06-2017 01:00

First hint of the new loyalty scheme?

Currently I pay £2.50 per month for SKY Go Extra (standard price £5.00 per month) Noticed on my up coming bills for the next 3 months that my bill has dropped by £2.50 per month and SKY Go Extra is marked as free. This fits in with the video I watched. £30 annual saving is not bad. It'll be £60 for those who currently pay £5.00 per month.

I think those on Platinum and Black VIP status might get some pleasant surprises.

It's looking promising.

RichardCoulter 04-06-2017 16:34

I wonder if this will replace the massive discounts that they currently give to gain/keep customers?

Paul 04-06-2017 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35900418)
No app, no VIP.

They wont get any "loyalty" from me then, if they cannot cater for this on a proper web site.

Chad 04-06-2017 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35901656)
I wonder if this will replace the massive discounts that they currently give to gain/keep customers?

It's a real possibility. My deal still has around 52 months to run so I won't have to worry about it until October 2021. Who knows what the broadcast landscape will look like by then? :D