Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Suck! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33631208)

nutellajunkie 11-04-2008 10:46

Re: Virgin Suck!

Come to mention it, my microwave seems to be losing power these days.. can I blame Virgin on this ?

I tried unplugging it for 20 seconds, but it just went beep when I plugged it back in.

Nilrem 11-04-2008 22:16

Was it a single short beep, or multiple longer ones?
It's normal for it to beep once when powered up, but if it's a Beeeeep Beeeeep Beeeeep sort of beep your magnetron is dead and you need a new microwave ;)

Ryan, don't take Speedtest for anything other than a very rough guide (and even then run the tests off several of their servers - some appear to be running of 56k modems:p).
I ran a series of tests on multiple servers, run by multiple companies, Speedtest.net reported me as having something like 4mb, other sites reported between 13 and 18mb, all within a 15 minute period (with the 18mb coming straight after the speedtest.net report of 4mb or whatever it was).

system11 11-04-2008 22:57

I've noticed the latency on my gaming has increased bit by bit over the past few years, and it's getting more 'bursty'. Lots of lag spikes. VM don't appear to care because I can still download a large file quickly.

Of course it's broken tonight, local router in Cambridge has decided not to route some IPs anymore. Getting rather tired of running in support circles when it's absolutely obvious as to what the problem is.. That's their biggest problem of all. I even got what sounded like an Indian call center on the 25p/min call earlier. When I pay 25p for support on a service I'm already paying top rate for, I damn well expect someone at the end of the phone who knows what they're talking about.

jkcoy 13-04-2008 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by system11 (Post 34526288)
I've noticed the latency on my gaming has increased bit by bit over the past few years, and it's getting more 'bursty'. Lots of lag spikes. VM don't appear to care because I can still download a large file quickly.

Of course it's broken tonight, local router in Cambridge has decided not to route some IPs anymore. Getting rather tired of running in support circles when it's absolutely obvious as to what the problem is.. That's their biggest problem of all. I even got what sounded like an Indian call center on the 25p/min call earlier. When I pay 25p for support on a service I'm already paying top rate for, I damn well expect someone at the end of the phone who knows what they're talking about.

I absolutely couldn't agree more. I got an Indian call centre on the 0906 number not so long back, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, I got told that there was no-one more senior on duty. How the hell are serious issues supposed to be resolved when you are hitting a 25p a minute brick wall at 100mph?!?

Kev

Magilla 14-04-2008 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellargh (Post 34524766)
Lol I love that on calls 'oh since you've gone to virgin...'

Nothing has changed (apart from issues with sky). The same people work here, same systems, same problems...

Just because you have the fault now doesn't mean its due to a simple change of name.

So you can explain why the service has gone from absolutely excellent and super reliable... to.... what we have now?

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod (Post 34524909)
Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.

Mine haven't, they remain as they were when telewest ran the show and the service worked as expected.

In the years prior to VM's creation I'd never had to ring about support of lack of service at all, since VM it's almost on a monthly basis the service has deteriorated so much.

Since VM my expectations are that I'll probably have to change suppliers soon.

Morden 14-04-2008 20:14

Global Warming has got worse since Virgin took over and Northern Rock went bust !

I'll need to find a new planet to change to being my atmosphere provider soon if it gets much worse

Mr_love_monkey 14-04-2008 20:22

I found holes in three pairs of my socks yesterday - same day the bill from Virgin arrived.

Where will it end???

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 20:23

Virgin ate my hamster... :(

DocDutch 14-04-2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34528476)
Virgin ate my hamster... :(

thought that was some1 else TBR ;) cant blame Virgin on your own appetite.

Morden 14-04-2008 20:28

Never mind Virgin have a solution to the Global Warming :- http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDutch (Post 34528479)
thought that was some1 else TBR ;) cant blame Virgin on your own appetite.

Sky gave me a new, improved one. ;)

DocDutch 14-04-2008 20:29

what that hamster came back through the other way then ;)

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDutch (Post 34528484)
what that hamster came back through the other way then ;)

It "saw the light" and moved on :D

Morden 14-04-2008 20:34

Perhaps it was a clone, beware if it started saying I'll be back in a dodgy Austrian accent !

DocDutch 14-04-2008 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34528491)
It "saw the light" and moved on :D

poor hamster...

but back on topic.

all companies that provide communications (mobile, landline and internet) are all just as bad as eachother.

some worse then others ie VM and $ky