Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Suck! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33631208)

ryan4katie 09-04-2008 19:28

Virgin Suck!

im sick of this.... i was previously with ntl. i had ntl installed 4 days before my daughter was born 2 years ago and had absolutly no problem... they did there utmost to fix my problems and fixed them straight away.

then 2 years later virgin media take over and destroy the lot. slow downloads even with non bit torrent downloads, very slow browsing, i like to play a few online games when i get the time i.e call of duty 4 and the ping is just so horrible barley playable. ive rung them up 4 times and complained but nothing gets done

im on a 20mb line and i do a speed test with www.speedtest.net (maidenhead server) i get 450 ping 1.5mb download, 80 upload and all i get is the usual crap oh theres maintence in ur area... im sure maintence doesnt take 4 months :mad:

anyone else had same problems ? and feel like they need to get a new isp

thanks for reading my stupid post :P

Tijer 09-04-2008 19:55

Re: Virgin Suck!

firstly virgin didnt take over... ntl and telewest bought the rights to use the name.

secondly speedtest.net is well known for giving incorrect speeds. the speed checker at the top of this page is probably a better guage of the speeds you are getting.

Also if you really want to use speedtest.net dont have any other program running... (apart from web browser obviously :P)

webcrawler2050 10-04-2008 03:03

As he said Virgin didnt take out [Mod edit (Gavin): removed]

Well - why dont you use some common sense here mate eh?

Try this

Start >> RUN >> CMD >> Black Box

ping www.bbc.co.uk

Copy and paste the results

Again, in the black box

tracert www.bbc.co.uk

Paste the results
Are you using a router? If so plug your Cable Moden Direct into the PC then run a speed test - DONT USE Speedtest.net its crap - use the one on this forum.

Antivirus / Spyware / Malware?? Got any??? Disable it - then run the speed test.

It doesnt take alot of sense to do some basic config tests.

ryan4katie 10-04-2008 08:01

bit of a touchy one aint ya... what are you bransons brother.

virgin still crap ok

Kellargh 10-04-2008 08:54

Lol I love that on calls 'oh since you've gone to virgin...'

Nothing has changed (apart from issues with sky). The same people work here, same systems, same problems...

Just because you have the fault now doesn't mean its due to a simple change of name.

Mr_love_monkey 10-04-2008 09:05

Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, my fridge hasn't worked properly!

Tod 10-04-2008 12:36

Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, expectations have got higher.

Mr_love_monkey 10-04-2008 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod (Post 34524909)

if only hemlines would do the same

Media Boy UK 10-04-2008 12:50

Virgin do not own Virgin Media.

NTL & Telewest are paying so much every year (I think its £30m per year for 25years ) to Virgin PLC to used the Virgin name and Virgin also own 10% of NTL/Telewest.

Mr_love_monkey 10-04-2008 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34524928)
Virgin do not own Virgin Media.

NTL & Telewest are paying so much every year (I think its £30m per year for 25years ) to Virgin PLC to used the Virgin name and Virgin also own 10% of NTL/Telewest.

That's fine - but what about my fridge?

saabmania2 10-04-2008 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34524929)
That's fine - but what about my fridge?

that's easy, now where is that script ah yes:

turn it of at the socket and leave it off for 20 sec then turn the power back on for me please (pause) when it's rebooted can you tell me what it does please. (pause)
oh it not a problem with the supply you will have to get a tech around to sort it you might need a new one. :D hehe

Sirius 10-04-2008 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34524741)
bit of a touchy one aint ya... what are you bransons brother.

virgin still crap ok

Good intelligent post.

Now try to post as an adult and you might get somewhere.

ryan4katie 10-04-2008 22:44

lol ok... if you say so mate.

personally dont care what you think... so far up virgins **** its un true. we'll see when you dont get what your paying for

goodbye

Sirius 10-04-2008 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34525474)

personally dont care what you think... so far up virgins **** its un true. we'll see when you dont get what your paying for

goodbye

Dont bang your head on the way out.:rofl::rofl:

homealone 10-04-2008 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34525474)

goodbye

if you only knew how wrong you are with that comment....

- well as far as Sirius is concerned, anyway

We'll await a constructive post detailing your signal levels, etc, that someone may be able to help with.....

nutellajunkie 11-04-2008 10:46

Come to mention it, my microwave seems to be losing power these days.. can I blame Virgin on this ?

I tried unplugging it for 20 seconds, but it just went beep when I plugged it back in.

Nilrem 11-04-2008 22:16

Was it a single short beep, or multiple longer ones?
It's normal for it to beep once when powered up, but if it's a Beeeeep Beeeeep Beeeeep sort of beep your magnetron is dead and you need a new microwave ;)

Ryan, don't take Speedtest for anything other than a very rough guide (and even then run the tests off several of their servers - some appear to be running of 56k modems:p).
I ran a series of tests on multiple servers, run by multiple companies, Speedtest.net reported me as having something like 4mb, other sites reported between 13 and 18mb, all within a 15 minute period (with the 18mb coming straight after the speedtest.net report of 4mb or whatever it was).

system11 11-04-2008 22:57

I've noticed the latency on my gaming has increased bit by bit over the past few years, and it's getting more 'bursty'. Lots of lag spikes. VM don't appear to care because I can still download a large file quickly.

Of course it's broken tonight, local router in Cambridge has decided not to route some IPs anymore. Getting rather tired of running in support circles when it's absolutely obvious as to what the problem is.. That's their biggest problem of all. I even got what sounded like an Indian call center on the 25p/min call earlier. When I pay 25p for support on a service I'm already paying top rate for, I damn well expect someone at the end of the phone who knows what they're talking about.

jkcoy 13-04-2008 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by system11 (Post 34526288)
I've noticed the latency on my gaming has increased bit by bit over the past few years, and it's getting more 'bursty'. Lots of lag spikes. VM don't appear to care because I can still download a large file quickly.

Of course it's broken tonight, local router in Cambridge has decided not to route some IPs anymore. Getting rather tired of running in support circles when it's absolutely obvious as to what the problem is.. That's their biggest problem of all. I even got what sounded like an Indian call center on the 25p/min call earlier. When I pay 25p for support on a service I'm already paying top rate for, I damn well expect someone at the end of the phone who knows what they're talking about.

I absolutely couldn't agree more. I got an Indian call centre on the 0906 number not so long back, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, I got told that there was no-one more senior on duty. How the hell are serious issues supposed to be resolved when you are hitting a 25p a minute brick wall at 100mph?!?

Kev

Magilla 14-04-2008 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellargh (Post 34524766)
Lol I love that on calls 'oh since you've gone to virgin...'

Nothing has changed (apart from issues with sky). The same people work here, same systems, same problems...

Just because you have the fault now doesn't mean its due to a simple change of name.

So you can explain why the service has gone from absolutely excellent and super reliable... to.... what we have now?

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod (Post 34524909)

Mine haven't, they remain as they were when telewest ran the show and the service worked as expected.

In the years prior to VM's creation I'd never had to ring about support of lack of service at all, since VM it's almost on a monthly basis the service has deteriorated so much.

Since VM my expectations are that I'll probably have to change suppliers soon.

Morden 14-04-2008 20:14

Global Warming has got worse since Virgin took over and Northern Rock went bust !

I'll need to find a new planet to change to being my atmosphere provider soon if it gets much worse

Mr_love_monkey 14-04-2008 20:22

I found holes in three pairs of my socks yesterday - same day the bill from Virgin arrived.

Where will it end???

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 20:23

Virgin ate my hamster... :(

DocDutch 14-04-2008 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34528476)
Virgin ate my hamster... :(

thought that was some1 else TBR ;) cant blame Virgin on your own appetite.

Morden 14-04-2008 20:28

Never mind Virgin have a solution to the Global Warming :- http://www.google.com/virgle/index.html

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDutch (Post 34528479)
thought that was some1 else TBR ;) cant blame Virgin on your own appetite.

Sky gave me a new, improved one. ;)

DocDutch 14-04-2008 20:29

what that hamster came back through the other way then ;)

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocDutch (Post 34528484)
what that hamster came back through the other way then ;)

It "saw the light" and moved on :D

Morden 14-04-2008 20:34

Perhaps it was a clone, beware if it started saying I'll be back in a dodgy Austrian accent !

DocDutch 14-04-2008 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34528491)
It "saw the light" and moved on :D

poor hamster...

but back on topic.

all companies that provide communications (mobile, landline and internet) are all just as bad as eachother.

some worse then others ie VM and $ky

arcamalpha2004 14-04-2008 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkcoy (Post 34527728)
I absolutely couldn't agree more. I got an Indian call centre on the 0906 number not so long back, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, I got told that there was no-one more senior on duty. How the hell are serious issues supposed to be resolved when you are hitting a 25p a minute brick wall at 100mph?!?

Kev

I didnt know Richard B was in india :D

Morden 14-04-2008 21:04

Thats fast.

Still not as fast as :-
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=27813913
Sorry for causing bandwidth to be used up by this.

Is this the replacement you got from SKY TBR ?

TheBlueRaja 14-04-2008 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morden (Post 34528533)
Thats fast.

Is this the replacement you got from SKY TBR ?

Looks like him, fast as hell but comes off the rails eventually ;)

DocDutch 14-04-2008 22:00

thought that was the hamster running after you dropped 1 TBR

Mr_love_monkey 14-04-2008 22:04

isn't that a gerbil though?

WHISTLED 14-04-2008 22:12

Russian dwarf - Smallbut they can still get stuck.................................

hoggie 14-04-2008 22:39

I just dropped half a rich tea biscuit in my tea :(

I blame that bloke branson :(

WHISTLED 14-04-2008 22:45

I have caught a nasty rash - I blame branson...

But he was worth it, he is such a considerate lover, so tender and giving.

kryogenik 14-04-2008 22:48

OMG - what have I clicked in to..???!

Mr_love_monkey 15-04-2008 07:00

My sandwich tastes funny - I blame Branston

mentalis 15-04-2008 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morden (Post 34528533)
Thats fast.

Is that what's powering the VM broadband which is why every so often it doesn't work until the hamster gets back in the wheel?

Morden 15-04-2008 17:15

Its Sunny today, not anything to do with Virgin, but if it was cloudy raining or generaly crap weather then it would be.

TheBlueRaja 15-04-2008 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morden (Post 34529324)
Its Sunny today, not anything to do with Virgin, but if it was cloudy raining or generaly crap weather then it would be.

Sky did that... :p:

hoggie 15-04-2008 20:12

Just had a real nice cheese and Branson sandwich.:D

now ive got Branson on my shirt,sky's fault:cry:

roland69uk 16-04-2008 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 34524769)
Ever since Virgin took over ntl & Telewest, my fridge hasn't worked properly!

funny you said that, since i upgraded to the V+ box my microwave does not ping anymore :):)

Hugh 16-04-2008 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by roland69uk (Post 34530211)
funny you said that, since i upgraded to the V+ box my microwave does not ping anymore :):)

Try a traceroute ;)

hoggie 18-04-2008 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by roland69uk (Post 34530211)

just stand infront of it and when you see all zero's shout PING:D

Works for me:cool:

webcrawler2050 18-04-2008 01:35

hahah thats just hilarious!

Coming back after a weeks Ban - this is funny!

tvtimes 19-04-2008 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34524363)
im sick of this.... i was previously with ntl. i had ntl installed 4 days before my daughter was born 2 years ago and had absolutly no problem... they did there utmost to fix my problems and fixed them straight away.

then 2 years later virgin media take over and destroy the lot. slow downloads even with non bit torrent downloads, very slow browsing, i like to play a few online games when i get the time i.e call of duty 4 and the ping is just so horrible barley playable. ive rung them up 4 times and complained but nothing gets done

im on a 20mb line and i do a speed test with www.speedtest.net (maidenhead server) i get 450 ping 1.5mb download, 80 upload and all i get is the usual crap oh theres maintence in ur area... im sure maintence doesnt take 4 months :mad:

You can blame your beloved NTL for the problems!

Telewest was voted best customers services for years running best isp for years running etc.
NTL was a company plagued with problems and then they bought Telewest! They rebranded and rent the Virgin name after acquiring Vmobile. It is the same stupid NTL Board and stupid NTL share holders making the choices!

Before going off on one learn the facts.

webcrawler2050 19-04-2008 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvtimes (Post 34532614)

Telewest was voted best customers services for years running best isp for years running etc.
NTL was a company plagued with problems and then they bought Telewest! They rebranded and rent the Virgin name after acquiring Vmobile. It is the same stupid NTL Board and stupid NTL share holders making the choices!

This is the same every where - especially in the hosting industry! People just dont have the noggins to go and find out first before slating!

lostandconfused 19-04-2008 17:32

Quote:

Whilst i agree with what your saying.

Ntl didnt buy Telewest they merged.
Virgin mobile and virgin.net were owned by ntl prior to the merge
Since it was a merger the shareholders are both ntl and telewest.

arcamalpha2004 19-04-2008 21:51

Quote:

No sorry.
That persons contract is now with vm, it is now their problem, not NTL'S, which now does not exist :rolleyes:

hoggie 20-04-2008 01:18

my brother lived in Dagenham and used NTL nothing but trouble from day one.
They take the Virgin name and its still trouble and it still says NTL on parts of his bill.
i live in Essex and we are telewest with the Virgin name, service excellent.one of the best in the country (thurrock).
my brother is moving nearby and can't wait for a real 20mb service not the so called 20mb Ntl service.

its all down to who put the spaghetti under the pavement NTL or Telewest.
Virgin are just the sauce......sending out the bills:D

Hugh 20-04-2008 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggie (Post 34533114)
my brother lived in Dagenham and used NTL nothing but trouble from day one.
They take the Virgin name and its still trouble and it still says NTL on parts of his bill.
i live in Essex and we are telewest with the Virgin name, service excellent.one of the best in the country (thurrock).
my brother is moving nearby and can't wait for a real 20mb service not the so called 20mb Ntl service.

its all down to who put the spaghetti under the pavement NTL or Telewest.
Virgin are just the sauce......sending out the bills:D

Actually, a lot of it precedes NTL or Telewest; the original infrastructure could have been (mmmm, let's see if I can remember the companies before NTL and Telewest bought them out)
Diamond Cable
Cable London
Encom
Jones Cable
PacTel
Nynex
Comcast
Videotron
CableTel
Birmingham Cable
Yorkshire Cable
Atlantic
Cambridge Cable

Probably forgotten some - so as you can see, there are lots of different infrastructures that need merging / updating. ;)

hoggie 20-04-2008 15:52

telewest used Diamond Cable around here and they did a good job:D

and i don't know who is working on the system at the moment put its all being updated around here.
it was ok and working fine,hope they don't ball's it up:(

snazzy 20-04-2008 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan4katie (Post 34524363)

It'd be better if you helped the guy out in stead of ripping the p... out of the post. The part he says since Virgin took over is a phrase used over and over on this forum. It serves as a point of reference for when it started to go seriously wrong broadband wise.

I'm way way ahead of you with the poor speeds. For me it's a utilisation issue. I keep getting new dates for fixes but nothing has 100% sorted it out yet, but it it getting a little better.

webcrawler2050 20-04-2008 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by snazzy (Post 34533755)
It'd be better if you helped the guy out in stead of ripping the p... out of the post. The part he says since Virgin took over is a phrase used over and over on this forum. It serves as a point of reference for when it started to go seriously wrong broadband wise.

I'm way way ahead of you with the poor speeds. For me it's a utilisation issue. I keep getting new dates for fixes but nothing has 100% sorted it out yet, but it it getting a little better.

Doesnt bother me - I have a full 20MB service. God I remember when it was Diamond Cable :) We used to have it when I was a kid... dont know why we changed to be honest

hoggie 21-04-2008 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by snazzy (Post 34533755)

instead of using speedtest.net which gives some very strange results some times.
Try speedguide.net and download there internet TCPOpimizer.

max out the settings and run your card to 100Mbps/full Duplex.

all this can also be found on the virgin home page.

sorry for the funny ha ha's but we are with Virgin and you need a laugh:D

tvtimes 21-04-2008 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostandconfused (Post 34532799)
Whilst i agree with what your saying.

Ntl didnt buy Telewest they merged.
Virgin mobile and virgin.net were owned by ntl prior to the merge
Since it was a merger the shareholders are both ntl and telewest.

For companies to merge one needs to buy the other! It's a well known fact that NTL actually wanted to buy Telewest but they couldn't on paper due them being near on bankrupt so on paper Telewest bought NTL.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 (Post 34532990)
No sorry.
That persons contract is now with vm, it is now their problem, not NTL'S, which now does not exist :rolleyes:

You obviously do not understand my post. Read it again! He was happy with his NTL services and now blames VM for the trouble! His beloved ntl are still in charge but under a different name which they choose to rent because Ntl had such a bad rep!

webcrawler2050 22-04-2008 09:21

Quote:

haha this is funny!

My PC blue screened it's Virgin's fault!

Mate,

its the same network, the same staff, the same board of directors, same services all thats different is they paid £30 Million to use the Virgin name oh and they merged all 3 NTL, Telewest & Blueyonder!

;)

tvtimes 22-04-2008 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 (Post 34535078)
haha this is funny!

My PC blue screened it's Virgin's fault!

Mate,

its the same network, the same staff, the same board of directors, same services all thats different is they paid £30 Million to use the Virgin name oh and they merged all 3 NTL, Telewest & Blueyonder!

;)

Aha! Someone who understands what i am saying!

webcrawler2050 22-04-2008 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvtimes (Post 34535272)
Aha! Someone who understands what i am saying!

Hell yeah! Its like the public are expecting Branson to wave his so called "magic wand" and fix everything just because they paid him £30 million to use his name oh and hes got a few quid invested.

auldyin 22-04-2008 14:23

You are lucky..........since I upgraded to V+ with the XP VIP Package.................nothing works!!!!!

iglu 22-04-2008 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by auldyin (Post 34535334)
You are lucky..........since I upgraded to V+ with the XP VIP Package.................nothing works!!!!!

There is no doubt in my mind that something is wrong with NTL, they must be busy focusing in screwing your area as we have fabulous speeds and not trouble at all.

Morden 22-04-2008 18:03

My tea got burnt tonight, must be Virgins fault.

Magilla 23-04-2008 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 (Post 34535327)
Hell yeah! Its like the public are expecting Branson to wave his so called "magic wand" and fix everything just because they paid him £30 million to use his name oh and hes got a few quid invested.

It must be hurting the reputation of the rest of the Virgin group though, I've ditched all my Virgin products except the broadband, (and thats going soon).

I'd go so far as to say I'd happily pay a little extra to be with any company except Virgin just because the standard of service from the broadband is so unbelievably low. Maybe everyone else is the same, but as yet I haven't been bitten. Once bitten twice shy.

auldyin 23-04-2008 12:39

Last night I was on the phone to Virgin for 1 hour 45 minutes...........now that really sucks!!!!

Cheers

Mr_love_monkey 23-04-2008 15:47

blackholes - they really suck...

TheBlueRaja 23-04-2008 16:46

My new Dbox i got from Germany crashed last night and i had to upload some new firmware.

Damn you Virgin!

tvtimes 23-04-2008 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 (Post 34535327)

ha! Tell me about it. Some people are so deluded!:)

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magilla (Post 34536099)
It must be hurting the reputation of the rest of the Virgin group though, I've ditched all my Virgin products except the broadband, (and thats going soon).

I'd go so far as to say I'd happily pay a little extra to be with any company except Virgin just because the standard of service from the broadband is so unbelievably low. Maybe everyone else is the same, but as yet I haven't been bitten. Once bitten twice shy.

I'm gonna stop going to the virgin gym, flying with virgin trains from now on I'm not gonna fly to American either i'm gonna swim it!! I'm gonna walk everywhere that way i will keep fit and will be richer! All because i am not happy with my broadband! lol

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34536290)
My new Dbox i got from Germany crashed last night and i had to upload some new firmware.

Damn you Virgin!

ROFL!

I came home to find my wife cheating with a 19 year old teenager last night!

Damn THAT virgin!

Joke

Magilla 23-04-2008 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvtimes (Post 34536296)
I'm gonna stop going to the virgin gym, flying with virgin trains from now on I'm not gonna fly to American either i'm gonna swim it!! I'm gonna walk everywhere that way i will keep fit and will be richer! All because i am not happy with my broadband! lol

Don't you mean Virgin Pigs, better chance of flying (and BB service?) ;)

tvtimes 24-04-2008 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magilla (Post 34536382)
Don't you mean Virgin Pigs, better chance of flying (and BB service?) ;)

lol love it:D

peteg 24-04-2008 10:41

So, the real question is> Why has the BB service apparently deteriorated, since Telewest/NTL/Whoeverelse/AndmyauntSally, started calling themselves Virgin?
Why? Mmm? Eh?

I have recently removed a whole nest of hamsters from my cable box outside the front door. But no change. Apart from the retaliation by squads of SAS hamster insurgents.

:monkey:

webcrawler2050 24-04-2008 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteg (Post 34536904)
So, the real question is> Why has the BB service apparently deteriorated, since Telewest/NTL/Whoeverelse/AndmyauntSally, started calling themselves Virgin?
Why? Mmm? Eh?

I have recently removed a whole nest of hamsters from my cable box outside the front door. But no change. Apart from the retaliation by squads of SAS hamster insurgents.

Personally I think its the norm, overselling.

I dont think theres the money to put back into the network and thus they cram the connections as much as possible and thus "some" people suffer.

PeteTheMusicGuy 24-04-2008 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteg (Post 34536904)

Were VM training them up to help the techs out :) Hampster techs to get into the small places were a normal tech cannot go :D

peteg 24-04-2008 11:47

Over selling Norm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 (Post 34536911)
Personally I think its the norm, overselling.

I don't believe that!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2008/04/90.jpg

How could you oversell Norm?? He's just, there, is all.

webcrawler2050 24-04-2008 11:49

Re: Over selling Norm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteg (Post 34536967)
I don't believe that!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2008/04/90.jpg

How could you oversell Norm?? He's just, there, is all.

What I ment was - they oversell the connections thus cramming as many people in some areas on the same box.

Thus people in some areas, get a poor connection others dont, personally mine is at 19.5MB constant.

Morden 24-04-2008 16:01

Do you think he is releted to Barney Grumble in the simpsons ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Barney_Gumble.png

Ernie_C 24-04-2008 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34536290)

Damn you Virgin!

You are nothing but a sponger.

Druchii 26-04-2008 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie_C (Post 34537317)
You are nothing but a sponger.

Say what? I think he means his new Sky Digibox, as he has no VM services.

Ernie_C 26-04-2008 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druchii (Post 34538706)
Say what? I think he means his new Sky Digibox, as he has no VM services.

He means his ILLEGAL cable box.

Druchii 26-04-2008 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie_C (Post 34538761)

No, he doesn't, he means his Sky Digibox, he hates VM.

neoapple 26-04-2008 18:59

I am getting very annoyed with virgin media capping our internet and access to other areas of the internet.
I mean if i pay for 20mb broadband i should be able to use the full speed of that to go to any website i want to.
I don't want stupid bandwidth caps bcause virgin are to dam lazy and cheap to fix their network. I mean whats the point of having a fast internet connection if you can't use it to even browse the internet as such. I do ALOT of photography work and other bits so my browsing is kind of high already. As im always uploading content to my webserver and photography websites. I also run a linux home server so i have updates for that every now and again.
I like to watch my tv shows over the internet and if i can't even do that with virgin whats the dam point! I mean come on just because BBC has a good service why should BBC have to suffer because virgin is to dam cheap to upgrade stuff and sort it out! I mean they are upgrading the network to faster connections for users but it's not helping the situation as all they are doing is increasing the load and not the network!!!!!!

webcrawler2050 26-04-2008 21:37

Hmm not with you on that one mate.

Would you want to pay £6Billion to get VM out of debt so they can concentrate on their network.

dragon 27-04-2008 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoapple (Post 34538983)
I am getting very annoyed with virgin media capping our internet and access to other areas of the internet.
I mean if i pay for 20mb broadband i should be able to use the full speed of that to go to any website i want to.
I don't want stupid bandwidth caps bcause virgin are to dam lazy and cheap to fix their network. I mean whats the point of having a fast internet connection if you can't use it to even browse the internet as such. I do ALOT of photography work and other bits so my browsing is kind of high already. As im always uploading content to my webserver and photography websites. I also run a linux home server so i have updates for that every now and again.
I like to watch my tv shows over the internet and if i can't even do that with virgin whats the dam point! I mean come on just because BBC has a good service why should BBC have to suffer because virgin is to dam cheap to upgrade stuff and sort it out! I mean they are upgrading the network to faster connections for users but it's not helping the situation as all they are doing is increasing the load and not the network!!!!!!

The problem is the Kit to upgrade the network is anything but cheap.

Personally I think broadband should be marketed with a speed range rather than a speed.

Basically instead of 20Mbit broadband 2 - 20 Mbit broadband.

and then use Qos/Load balancing to set it so that everyone gets say 2Mbit minimum (external factors not withstanding) but if there's more bandwidth available you get to use it.

TheBlueRaja 27-04-2008 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie_C (Post 34538761)

I've got 6, and its all Virgins fault.

hoggie 30-04-2008 23:09

been reading this thread and apart from the odd looney am i the odd man out.:confused:

1. never had any trouble with my phone.

2. never had any trouble with my cable boxes.V+

3. internet has always been ok,xbox360 online works great.three latops all work great, nintendo Wii works great.even with the wii,xbox and maybe a couple of laptops running (surfing the net).all ok:D
been with telewest since day one.
its all just great:D

Happy days :luv:

checker 01-05-2008 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoggie (Post 34542086)
been reading this thread and apart from the odd looney am i the odd man out.:confused:

1. never had any trouble with my phone.

2. never had any trouble with my cable boxes.V+

3. internet has always been ok,xbox360 online works great.three latops all work great, nintendo Wii works great.even with the wii,xbox and maybe a couple of laptops running (surfing the net).all ok:D
been with telewest since day one.
its all just great:D

Happy days :luv:

Me to, XL TV XL BB XL Phone all for £56 per month. Good speed, good picture & wife says the phone is good. Sorry to hear of all you people with problems.:bigcry:

Hugh 01-05-2008 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueRaja (Post 34539358)
I've got 6, and its all Virgins fault.

You didn't have to put that part - we assume that on your posts...... :D

webcrawler2050 08-05-2008 12:59

To be honest, I am starting to get annoyed at people moaning, oh my "x,y,z" isnt working it's all Virgin Media's Fault. They have no clue about *simple* diagnostics and before they even know the facts you get silly comments like "Avoid" blah blah blah

Anybody else starting to get sick of this?

hoggie 11-05-2008 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 (Post 34547093)
To be honest, I am starting to get annoyed at people moaning, oh my "x,y,z" isnt working it's all Virgin Media's Fault. They have no clue about *simple* diagnostics and before they even know the facts you get silly comments like "Avoid" blah blah blah

Anybody else starting to get sick of this?

yes, but some *simple* diagnostics seem to be a step to far for some people:(

That's why you have forums to help but even then, people only seem to moan on forums.
easier too ask for help. then if sure its x,y or z's fault Moan :D

smeagoly1 14-05-2008 10:37

I think a lot of the problems are, people had a working item...then a takeover, then everything seems to go kaput. And VM's attitude or contradictions, just makes things worse in peoples minds and attitudes towards them.
I had 20meg cable, it was fab, apart from the fact they never told me for 6 months I needed a new modem to take up those speeds. I only found this out by reading peoples comments on here and contacting UK support. Telephones support was diabolical. and scripted to say, it's all the users fault... no matter how many times one actually done all the procedures VM recommended.
VM has it's pros and cons... Cable BB and TV, couldn't falt them, once I did get the modem upgrade but no refund. Instilation, superb. Up time 99.999% superb Pings.

ADSL side of things, just the biggest joke ever...and STM/phrom/25p min scripted call centres have just alienated their users.