Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33697419)

Taf 14-05-2017 18:53

Re: Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :)

It only lights up our patio and doesn't seem to get triggered by the cats.

heero_yuy 15-05-2017 08:19

Looks like it has a decent grade of solar cells in it with plenty of active area.

Taf 15-05-2017 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35898872)
Looks like it has a decent grade of solar cells in it with plenty of active area.

Plus 3.7v battery and decent COB LED's. I just hope it proves to be as fully waterproof as it says it is.

Stephen 15-05-2017 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35898799)
Where do you start with RDA tanks and dripping? That tank you've posted is a pretty fair price. Liquid recommendations are probably needed too. Get a decent tasted from 80/20 sub ohm so if there's a better flavour hit to be had then I can imagine it's pretty great.

70/30 or 80/20 are both best for me. RDAs can be a lot more work but I just buy pre-made coils rather than making my own. Get a good 3-4 weeks from a set of coils and just re-wick the cotton 1-2 times a week to keep the flavour up. It can be a pain dripping though as you get about 7-8 hits usually before having to drip again, but the flavour and clouds are really good.

The TFV8 does have a re-buidable deck(RBA) in the box, I've yet to try it.

adzii_nufc 15-05-2017 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35898888)
70/30 or 80/20 are both best for me. RDAs can be a lot more work but I just buy pre-made coils rather than making my own. Get a good 3-4 weeks from a set of coils and just re-wick the cotton 1-2 times a week to keep the flavour up. It can be a pain dripping though as you get about 7-8 hits usually before having to drip again, but the flavour and clouds are really good.

The TFV8 does have a re-buidable deck(RBA) in the box, I've yet to try it.

Still have the re-buildable in the two I have. Never fiddled with it. At some point I'll grab a drip tank just to try it. Obviously it has the cons you've listed but don't think it'd bother me for home use.

Got 6x30ml 80/20 today for £15. Think I'll probably go back again as they're all dirt cheap because of the new restrictions that are incoming. Seen a 220w alien mod for £30 with the baby beast tank included. So around £40 if you need the batteries too. Was so tempted to pick up just the mod for £30.

Osem 15-05-2017 17:23

My set of super-wrenches. They've been getting a hell of a lot of use lately.

http://www.whotzhot.info/54.html

progers 15-05-2017 22:57

Another vote for Tassimo coffee machine
also iPad & laptop

rogerdraig 16-05-2017 12:24

dependent on meaning it would either be
1 my small but mighty ( it takes 25 stone ) mobility scooter
or
2 my multi function tv and anything else zapper

Hugh 16-05-2017 14:09

Nespresso coffee machine, Panasonic bread maker, Bose QC35 cordless headphones, and iPad Pro.

peanut 16-05-2017 15:06

Given up my Nespresso because the pods are just too expensive, and the lack of real choice as only 1 flavour was strong enough for what I wanted. So invested in an ESAM4200 (Magnifica) from DeLonghi (£210) - Bean to cup. Makes a far better cup of coffee and cheaper too. And more choice of coffee style as well.

It's not one of those newer looking ones with screen menus etc, it's rather clunky and loud maker but for price it is one of the best ones for making actual decent coffee the way you want it, rather than using preset options which is what I didn't want.

The coffee from Nespresso wasn't too bad apart than the cups were too small, I was getting bored with just the same cup every day. I really regret spending the amount I have on the pods over 3-4 years. I now feel ripped off compared to buying beans. (1kg beans for £11 for Lavazza an estimated saving of around 3:1 compared to pods).

ThunderPants73 17-05-2017 10:44

My e-readers, my noise cancelling headphones and my white noise machines.

SnoopZ 17-05-2017 20:44

Enjoying my Seguro S3 Android TV box running Kodi, so small and looks like a quality piece of kit compared to other devices.

Taf 18-05-2017 13:09

60cm of bright white LED strip that I have just fitted so that I can see my keyboard with my aging eyes.

adzii_nufc 18-05-2017 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35899362)
60cm of bright white LED strip that I have just fitted so that I can see my keyboard with my aging eyes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Black...BKeyboard&th=1

I have one of those and mouse equivalent.

There's cheaper options for non gaming, non extensive use needs from different manufactures and doesn't need to be mechanical keyboards at all. If you haven't tried them ofc. The LED strip is probably cheaper though.

peanut 18-05-2017 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35899362)

I had the same problem. I've had illuminated keyboards in the past but they never were good enough or lasted. I took a gamble with Logitechs K800 keyboard. The letters are etched for the light comes through really clearly. And it only illuminates when it's in use or when your hands are near the keyboard. It can also be left plugged in so the lights can be left on all the time if needed at levels you want.

The mechanical keyboard in the last post looks neat, but I prefer low profile keys to type with over than gaming.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Wi...=k800+keyboard