Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33659161)

SB_07 13-12-2009 18:36

Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face

Quote:

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been hit in the face and knocked to the ground after a political rally in Milan.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8410946.stm

Was only a matter of time really.

squiggs1982 13-12-2009 19:23

Re: Silvio Berlusconi punched in the face

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB_07 (Post 34926591)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8410946.stm

Was only a matter of time really.

Whilst the man is clearly an imbecile (as well as a philanderer and possibly a crook) and should be removed from power forthwith, I'm not sure that there's much that warrants punching an elderly man (let's not forget he's 73) in the face so hard that he bleeds quite substantially.
:confused:

If a "young man" did this to my father (who is of a similar age), they would recieve, in kind, from me a beating that would ensure they would never forget the true meaning of pain.

Either pick on someone your own size (or age, in this case) or if you have a legitimate grievance, then deal with it in a less cowardly manner...

Tarantella 13-12-2009 21:54

When it comes to stopping a rogue PM in his tracks a simple punch in the face (from a member of the cabinet) could work wonders and perhaps save many lives.

And to think Britain was once at the forefront of political innovation. For shame.:o:

Welshchris 13-12-2009 22:05

Now thats my kind of politics lol Sort it out the old fashioned way.

SMG 13-12-2009 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by squiggs1982 (Post 34926626)
Whilst the man is clearly an imbecile (as well as a philanderer and possibly a crook) and should be removed from power forthwith, I'm not sure that there's much that warrants punching an elderly man (let's not forget he's 73) in the face so hard that he bleeds quite substantially.
:confused:

If a "young man" did this to my father (who is of a similar age), they would recieve, in kind, from me a beating that would ensure they would never forget the true meaning of pain.

Either pick on someone your own size (or age, in this case) or if you have a legitimate grievance, then deal with it in a less cowardly manner...

Very well said Squiggs. There is a time for violence. This was not the time.

Mick Fisher 13-12-2009 22:50

Made my day. :rofl:

In my dreams I would hope that it would serve as a timely reminder to all those in their Ivory Towers that the real world still exists out there and can still bite back.

Charlie_Bubble 13-12-2009 22:50

Actually, it wasn't a punch. It appears that a metal model of the local cathedral was swung and released into his face by a man with a history of mental illness. It's broken his nose and knocked 2 teeth out. While I agree he's an idiot, bordering on a fascist, I don't think it's funny that a person has had a large lump of metal swung into their face, which could easily have killed him. Would you have put a smiley next to "Silvio Berlusconi killed by 'punch' in the face"?

Raistlin 13-12-2009 22:58

I've just removed two particularly unnecessary posts from this thread.

I don't care what your political views are, that sort of nonsense has no place on this forum.

Let's try to keep a little bit of perspective here, and remember that this is a 'family' forum shall we?

frogstamper 14-12-2009 00:19

As obnoxious as I believe this man is, violent behavior like this is totally uncalled for, any gripes against Berlusconi are immediately eclipsed by such moronic behavior.

Mick Fisher 14-12-2009 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble (Post 34926815)
Actually, it wasn't a punch. It appears that a metal model of the local cathedral was swung and released into his face by a man with a history of mental illness. It's broken his nose and knocked 2 teeth out. While I agree he's an idiot, bordering on a fascist, I don't think it's funny that a person has had a large lump of metal swung into their face, which could easily have killed him. Would you have put a smiley next to "Silvio Berlusconi killed by 'punch' in the face"?

He wasn't killed though was he. He just got a slap.

If, as you say, he was attacked by a violent mental patient wrongly let loose on the Street, no doubt as a result of some cost cutting measures, as Prime Minister (the bucks gotta stop somewhere), Berlusconi is the architect of his own misfortune and that is really funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogstamper (Post 34926888)
As obnoxious as I believe this man is, violent behavior like this is totally uncalled for, any gripes against Berlusconi are immediately eclipsed by such moronic behavior.

See above.

BBKing 14-12-2009 08:41

Quote:

any gripes against Berlusconi are immediately eclipsed by such moronic behavior.
No they aren't. He's still a nasty populist neo-fascist whose words cause direct and indirect pain to people (say by inciting anti-Roma and racist sentiments). I don't see that as much different morally from the actual violence inflicted on him, with the exception that the nutter with the cathedral only hurts one person at a time.

Lock 'em both up, proportionate to their offences.

Charlie_Bubble 14-12-2009 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Fisher (Post 34926904)
He wasn't killed though was he. He just got a slap.

If, as you say, he was attacked by a violent mental patient wrongly let loose on the Street, no doubt as a result of some cost cutting measures, as Prime Minister (the bucks gotta stop somewhere), Berlusconi is the architect of his own misfortune and that is really funny.

See above.

So, if you're walking along the street and some nutter swings a lump of metal into your face, smashing up your nose and teeth, we're all ok to stand around and **** ourselves laughing then?

mrmistoffelees 14-12-2009 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick Fisher (Post 34926904)
<snip> is the architect of his own misfortune and that is really funny. <snip>

So by your logic a prostitute deserves to be raped then. Do they? (Think about it)

Well ,just I think I've read or seen or heard everything imbecilic in life........

banjo 14-12-2009 12:02

What a disgusting and cowardly thing to do.

LondonRoad 14-12-2009 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo (Post 34926992)
What a disgusting and cowardly thing to do.

Definitely.

It also has a negative effect in that there is now an outbreak of sympathy for the corrupt one.