Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : General TiVo Discussion Part 2 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33676466)

passingbat 04-04-2011 18:41

Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35206046)
Hope it's not Westlife and Bros LOL :D

If you had Tivo, you'd be able to add (now) any of these pilots you think may be good and get to see any that get picked up and make it to a UK channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tub...he-pilots.html

a Boston Leagal take on Wonder Woman has to be worth at least a one episode watch! :D

Strangerstill 04-04-2011 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35206006)
What worries me about the promotional team at VM, is that I've read two recent reviews of Tivo (one was What HI-FI) where they described the recording functionality as the same as the V+, i.e. record two and watch a third. If I was sending the Tivo out for Review, I'd make sure these reviewers were aware of one of the massive feature advantages over V+ and Sky in that Tivo records on all three channels. What other Tivo features are the not emphasising?

I posted on that review/blog that TiVo would record on 3 channels while watching a previous recording, but you are right, VM should jump on these mistakes, WHF are not the only review sight with incorrect information on important features.

muppetman11 04-04-2011 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35206068)
If you had Tivo, you'd be able to add (now) any of these pilots you think may be good and get to see any that get picked up and make it to a UK channel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/tub...he-pilots.html

a Boston Leagal take on Wonder Woman has to be worth at least a one episode watch! :D

I'll have to wait until a few weeks before and press my green button , the Alcatraz one is in the never miss database.

passingbat 04-04-2011 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35206075)
the Alcatraz one is in the never miss database.

That's interesting. Maybe it's had an early pickup since that list was done and Sky have bought the rights? Or is it a different Alcatraz?

muppetman11 04-04-2011 19:02

When a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners turn up in the present day it is left to the FBI and a female police officer to track them down and solve the mystery surrounding their dissapearance 30 years ago. Produced by JJ Abrams, this spooky series sports an impressive all-star cast and crew.

It says coming 2011/12 you can add to be reminded may just do that so thanks.

passingbat 04-04-2011 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35206082)
When a group of missing Alcatraz prisoners turn up in the present day it is left to the FBI and a female police officer to track them down and solve the mystery surrounding their dissapearance 30 years ago. Produced by JJ Abrams, this spooky series sports an impressive all-star cast and crew.

It says coming 2011/12 you can add to be reminded may just do that so thanks.

Well done Sky.

devilincarnate 04-04-2011 19:08

I do not hope that it is meant to be true to life as only no-one has escaped and lived to say?

http://www.alcatrazhistory.com/escapes1.htm

But who knows?

Peter_ 04-04-2011 19:10

I could have sworn that the was a topic about TiVo somewhere in here but it appears to be a coming soon thread.:rolleyes:

devilincarnate 04-04-2011 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35206087)
I could have sworn that the was a topic about TiVo somewhere in here but it appears to be a coming soon thread.:rolleyes:

Sorry I apologise:(

Peter_ 04-04-2011 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35206091)
Sorry I apologise:(

I think the mods would have noticed sooner or later.:D

devilincarnate 04-04-2011 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35206092)
I think the mods would have noticed sooner or later.:D

I do not want to get in trouble again as i have been in trouble on another forum recently :erm:

fixerman 04-04-2011 19:19

Quote:

This thread has lost it's way totally! It should not have been given a new lease of life. In the absence of anything new people are going over old ground again and again.

passingbat 04-04-2011 19:20

Quote:

It is about tivo; it's about the wishlist functionality using real world examples of what the wishlist functionality will do.

We're highlighting functionality as the VM PR department sometimes don't seem to (see the post No. 48 on the What HIFI review).

Peter_ 04-04-2011 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35206099)
It is about tivo; it's about the wishlist functionality using real world examples of what the wishlist functionality will do.

We're highlighting functionality as the VM PR department sometimes don't seem to (see the post on the What HIFI review).

Yes but it could easily be in another thread such as functionality rather discussing a series link.

passingbat 04-04-2011 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35206101)
Yes but it could easily be in another thread such as functionality rather discussing a series link.

The functionality is tivo functionality; I would have thought it belongs in the tivo thread.

We weren't discussing a series link; you can't add a show that doesn't exist to a series link. But you can (and this is a major Tivo feature and the point being made) add it to a wishlist.