Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Game of Thrones (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33696727)

Paul 28-06-2016 11:50

Re: Game of Thrones

Yes, its a good sign that everyone I know who watches it is now really looking forward to next season, which is not something you could have said this time last year.

LondonRoad 28-06-2016 22:30

Winter is here!
That could throw a Valarian spanner into the works.

General Maximus 29-06-2016 11:49

In the wake of the Game of Thrones season six finale, creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are talking about the upcoming seventh season and how close they are to mapping out the series’ end. As they have previously done, the duo cited a total episode count of 73 episodes, telling Deadline, “Call it 73 for now.” That is, it sounds like HBO will give them the wiggle room they need to properly wrap up the hit fantasy drama.

The pair also addressed the upcoming seventh season, specifically mentioning Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey); what Benjen (Joseph Mawle) told Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead-Wright), before he took his leave; as well as Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) and Jon Snow (Kit Harington).

A Q&A with David Benioff and Dan Weiss if you are interested. It is very interesting.

General Maximus 18-07-2016 20:07

"It’s summertime, but winter is almost here. HBO has announced production on the seventh season of its Game of Thrones TV show will begin later this summer. The seven episodes of Game of Thrones, season seven, will be filmed in Northern Ireland, Spain, and Iceland. The show is slated to premiere later than usual in 2017. While GoT typically premieres in April, expect the seventh season to debut in summer."

Boo

Pierre 20-07-2016 18:33

Only 7 episodes?

Paul 20-07-2016 18:44

Yep, and probably only 6 for the final season.

General Maximus 20-07-2016 19:18

how stupid. For the last 6 years they have been saying that they would love to be able to make more episodes but they physically didn't have the time but now they are making a conscious effort to cut the season down. Everyone at work was moaning a couple of weeks ago that you just feel like you are getting in to it (with 10 eps) and then it finishes and now it is going to be even worse. There must be so much material they can expand on and I am sure George R R Martin can give them a few points for another 3 eps. I can't believe HBO is letting them get away because of the $$$ in lost revenue.

techguyone 20-07-2016 21:23

My understanding is that you'll be getting 2 seasons of 7 episodes, versus 1 season of 10 episodes, so overall you'll be 4 episodes better off.

General Maximus 20-07-2016 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35850483)
so overall you'll be 4 episodes better off.

:rolleyes: not really, i want two seasons of ten episodes. Presumably the next season is going to be about kahleesi coming back and taking over and the last season is going to be about the White Walkers. I am sure they can find ten episodes of stuff for each of those stories.

General Maximus 25-05-2017 18:22

poo your pants time:

Paul 25-05-2017 18:28

Looking good :D

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35850483)
My understanding is that you'll be getting 2 seasons of 7 episodes, versus 1 season of 10 episodes, so overall you'll be 4 episodes better off.

Its actually 7 for this year (Season 7) and 6 next year (Season 8) so 13 in total.

However, I would not be surprised if the final episode were a bit longer than usual.

denphone 25-05-2017 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35900384)
poo your pants time:

Can't wait.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

heero_yuy 25-05-2017 20:33

Looking good.

denphone 26-05-2017 05:25

The question is how many more series will we get.?

General Maximus 26-05-2017 08:07

seasons or series? There are two seasons left including this one of GoT but I read somewhere last week that there are currently scripts in active development for 5 spinoff series.

Quote:

On his blog, Game of Thrones author George R.R. Martin revealed there are now five scripts in development at HBO, all of which he terms “prequels.”:

“We had four scripts in development when I arrived in LA last week, but by the time I left we had five. We have added a fifth writer to the original four. No, I will not reveal the name here. HBO announced the names of the first four, and will no doubt announce the fifth as well, once his deal has closed. He’s a really terrific addition, however, a great guy and a fine writer, and aside from me and maybe Elio and Linda, I don’t know anyone who knows and loves Westeros as well as he does.”