Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Get rid of Netflix? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704418)

bbxxl 06-02-2017 20:41

Get rid of Netflix?

Since the update my TiVo is showing all sorts of things available on Netflix under my shows. I don't have netflix, I don't want Netflix and I certainly don't want to see loads of programs I can't watch under my shows.

I assume I can get rid of them. Any idea how?

Many thanks.

Paddy63 06-02-2017 21:40

Re: Get rid of Netflix?

Go to Home - Help & Settings - Settings - Recordings - Recording Options change to recordings only. See if that works.

spiderplant 07-02-2017 07:46

When you are in the My Shows listings for a programme, press the blue button until it says "View (Recordings)"

mike_gain 07-02-2017 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbxxl (Post 35884348)
I don't have netflix, I don't want Netflix and I certainly don't want to see loads of programs I can't watch under my shows.

I assume I can get rid of them. Any idea how?

Many thanks.

Not meant as a dig but what you are describing suggests that Netflix have a lot of content you're interested in.....just saying.

OLD BOY 07-02-2017 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_gain (Post 35884390)
Not meant as a dig but what you are describing suggests that Netflix have a lot of content you're interested in.....just saying.

That's right. As the number of quality programmes diminish on our broadcast channels, Netflix saves the day. However, if you can't afford it, I can understand, although I think the time has come to re-evaluate what represents value for money.

I was surprised recently when looking at my recordings. Most were of programmes shown on one of the Freeview channels. Sky is definitely going downhill - hardly any decent dramas on there these days, except for Sky Atlantic, which isn't on VM anyway.

passingbat 07-02-2017 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35884423)
Sky is definitely going downhill - hardly any decent dramas on there these days,.

Good conspiracy/political dramas:
The Black List
Blindspot
Scandal
Madam Secretary

For those into comic books:
Arrow
The Flash
Super Girl

That's a fair smattering of popular US dramas

denphone 07-02-2017 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35884479)
The Black List
Blindspot
Scandal
Madam Secretary

Arrow
The Flash
Super Girl

OB does like to inflate and overemphasize the negative sometimes when things are nothing of the sort.;)

theone2k10 07-02-2017 21:29

Quote:

The Black List
Blindspot
Scandal
Madam Secretary

Arrow
The Flash
Super Girl

Being a DC person i love the 3 in bold aswell as legends of tomorrow.
Also i believe powerless has been picked up by syfy? not sure on that but it is another DC show but comedy.
Blindspot is superb also shows like Hawaii five-0, NCIS, the lbrarians, ross kemp extreme world the list goes on.

OLD BOY 08-02-2017 07:51

Quote:

The Black List
Blindspot
Scandal
Madam Secretary

Arrow
The Flash
Super Girl

Nothing wrong with those programmes, although superheroes aren't for everyone. However, over the three Sky pay channels broadcasting material including dramas 24/7, that isn't value for money. There's more rubbish on the Sky pay channels than commercial channels like ITV and Channel 4, for which we pay no subscription.

muppetman11 08-02-2017 11:36

Am I missing something , because I'm generally struggling to understand the relevance.

A customer of either Sky , VM or Now TV has far more access to content than just the 3 Sky Entertainment channels.

theone2k10 08-02-2017 12:54

-deleted wrong thread-

OLD BOY 08-02-2017 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35884561)
Am I missing something , because I'm generally struggling to understand the relevance.

A customer of either Sky , VM or Now TV has far more access to content than just the 3 Sky Entertainment channels.

That's right, but I'm specifically talking about the Sky channels. These are the main attraction for people to subscribe to pay tv, but they are a huge let down, really.

Fox is better, although I appreciate that it is Murdoch owned.

fatmat8 08-02-2017 16:09

sorry but i cannot see any films worth watching .

pip08456 08-02-2017 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35884626)
That's right, but I'm specifically talking about the Sky channels. These are the main attraction for people to subscribe to pay tv, but they are a huge let down, really.

Fox is better, although I appreciate that it is Murdoch owned.

Kodi is even better!

theone2k10 08-02-2017 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35884631)
Kodi is even better!

Not for long as the big developers are quitting.