Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   General : Virgin media emails problem (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709108)

OLD BOY 08-06-2020 11:46

Virgin media emails problem

I tried several times to access my emails today, but I keep getting 'Method Not Allowed' come up on screen.

I understand that this is a 405 error and it is Virgin Media's site that needs fixing. What is the best way of drawing VM's attention to this problem?

denphone 08-06-2020 11:49

Re: Virgin media emails problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36038876)
I tried several times to access my emails today, but I keep getting 'Method Not Allowed' come up on screen.

I understand that this is a 405 error and it is Virgin Media's site that needs fixing. What is the best way of drawing VM's attention to this problem?

l had a problem early this morning but it sorted itself out.

Phone up customer services or try to talk to them by webchat OB.

OLD BOY 08-06-2020 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36038879)
l had a problem early this morning but it sorted itself out.

Phone up customer services or try to talk to them by webchat OB.

Thanks, Den. I've just seen the answer to this problem on the VM Community Forum. The response was:

VM have changed their log-in procedures for mail and for My Virgin Media as preparatory work for further changes later in the year. It is a matter of fact that this change has not been publicised in advance, hence your surprise this morning. I shouldn't be surprised if we get a flood of queries like this today and over the next few days.

You will have to change the way you log in and the bookmark you use. Use the e-mail link at the top of this page and bookmark the resulting URL. That works. I did it this morning and it was fine.

I tried deleting my bookmark and re-entering the website address and yes, that worked!

I am surprised that VM hasn't alerted its subscribers to this. It wouldn't have taken much effort to put an alert on the web site. It's just as well I was not in a particular hurry to get my information out there!

ileikcaek 08-06-2020 12:59

It seems like this change has had a few knock-on effects as our MyVM account is showing no services under it, no broadband (which I am currently using to post this!).

There has been a few other MyVM quirks recently like a banner showing up last week saying we were just upgraded to 200Mb broadband but we have had 200Mb since it came out.

It's Weird that they wouldn't mention these kinds of changes ahead of time.

It's a shame this has not fixed the stupid password requirements they still have, 8 - 10 characters long and alphanumeric only (no symbols). They must be using some seriously outdated backend code. I wonder if the MyVM account passwords are stored plaintext too considering those limitations.