Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Football : World Cup 2014 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33689613)

denphone 15-10-2013 22:09

Re: World Cup road to 2014

The job was to get through and anything else is a bonus in Rio.

Arthurgray50@blu 15-10-2013 22:22

I was actually hoping Poland would score - to give England a kick up the back side. They might be going to Brazil, but they are going to face tougher sides than Poland.

What they have to do now is get rid of the dead wood in the side and blood players, such as Townsend for the World Cup - these are players that will fight for their place.

Apart from Rooney scoring - where was he during the game, and Lampard should pack it in now and give some else a go.

And why leave Defoe on the bench - Welbeck was crap tonight.

Defoe is on fire at the moment and it would have been over by half time. England have got to up there game foe next year or they have no hope.

alwaysabear 15-10-2013 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35632675)
I was actually hoping Poland would score - to give England a kick up the back side. They might be going to Brazil, but they are going to face tougher sides than Poland.

What they have to do now is get rid of the dead wood in the side and blood players, such as Townsend for the World Cup - these are players that will fight for their place.

Apart from Rooney scoring - where was he during the game, and Lampard should pack it in now and give some else a go.

And why leave Defoe on the bench - Welbeck was crap tonight.

Defoe is on fire at the moment and it would have been over by half time. England have got to up there game foe next year or they have no hope.

I have to agree Arthur. Gerrard gave the ball away to easy in midfield which put the team in real problems , he is not a holding midfielder. Carrick was poor and Wiltshire should have started.
Now is the time to replace Lampard and Gerrard ,but we all know it will not happen. Bring on the young blood I say, Townsend has shown what can happen if you give these talented youngsters a chance .

adzii_nufc 15-10-2013 22:35

Here we go again. Rooney scores but still gets the crap. He just can't win can he.

Shadow Demon UK 15-10-2013 22:38

Rooney was Englands best player by a country mile tonight, i still don't understand how people don't see it.

alwaysabear 15-10-2013 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 35632687)
Rooney was Englands best player by a country mile tonight, i still don't understand how people don't see it.

Because Townsend was taking on players the whole game and going past them. He was a threat all the time, Rooney was sporadic , he takes up good positions and strikes a good shot, he is not the player he was IMO

adzii_nufc 15-10-2013 22:42

What do Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge and Lambert all have in common?

They've all scored more league goals than Defoe this year. Think that about explains your Defoe issue.

Shadow Demon UK 15-10-2013 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35632689)
Because Townsend was taking on players the whole game and going past them.

And then doing nothing. Another Theo Walcott.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

Its a bit harsh on Townsend, he had a decent game. I just thought Rooney ran the game, again, as he does so often. He is so much more comfortable on the ball than any other player in the side, pretty much anything good goes through him for England.

adzii_nufc 15-10-2013 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35632689)
Because Townsend was taking on players the whole game and going past them.

Pretty sure Walcott can do the same thing. Pretty sure Walcott got stick for it when the runs generally came to nothing. No stick for Townsend it seems despite being pretty much identical on the wing.

Shadow beat me.

thenry 15-10-2013 22:54

wow! why isn't Welbeck getting criticism ? How many chances did he fluff.

a win is a win on the way to Brazil. I want to go as well :D

alwaysabear 15-10-2013 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35632699)
wow! why isn't Welbeck getting criticism ? How many chances did he fluff.

a win is a win on the way to Brazil. I want to go as well :D

Yep he aint great.

thenry 15-10-2013 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysabear (Post 35632703)
Yep he aint great.

just another tactical Milner inclusion. Its a shame again that the game was made harder than it was or we could have seen Barkley feature.

tizmeinnit 15-10-2013 23:15

I for one will not get excited because our national squad just are not world class

iadom 16-10-2013 09:47

For all those berating Carrick, a more considered perspective.
93.9% passing success;)

thenry 16-10-2013 16:55

Quote:

Suarez at centre of another 'dive' storm as Liverpool striker scores crucial penalty against Argentina

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2htv359U1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook