Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pensions - no wonder there are strikes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686121)

Arthurgray50@blu 06-03-2012 19:53

Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

I am not surprised that the people of this country are striking over pensions.

I was told today, that starting from next month my pension will be going up by £60 / £70 per month.

This will now cause me financial hardship big time, What l think this government is doing by increasing the retirement age even higher, is that many people may not live past the retirement age, therefore saving them money.:mad:

Hugh 06-03-2012 19:54

Re: Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Do you mean the cost of your pension, Arthur?

If so, how do you think your extended life-span is going to be paid for - from the magic money tree?

btw, I know you and facts don't get on, but retirement age if you are under 55 will be 67, and average male life span is 78, so your premise is flawed.

Gary L 06-03-2012 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35394163)
I am not surprised that the people of this country are striking over pensions.

I was told today, that starting from next month my pension will be going up by £60 / £70 per month.

This will now cause me financial hardship big time

That's about £15 - £17 extra a week.
I know a few old people who would be celebrating if their pension was going up that much?

Arthurgray50@blu 06-03-2012 20:24

When l was told by my union rep, l nearly had a heart attack, I cannot afford to pay that per week.

All my bills have gone up, but not my wages, work that one out.

Sirius 06-03-2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35394204)

All my bills have gone up, but not my wages, work that one out.

EVERYONE is in the same boat or do you feel you should be different to EVERYONE else

Maggy 06-03-2012 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35394207)
EVERYONE is in the same boat or do you feel you should be different to EVERYONE else

With all due respect I don't think that is what he is claiming.I think he is justly peeved that he has to find the extra cash and that it is going to place a strain on his present finances..Not that he should be a special case.I think your comment was a trifle uncalled for.:erm:

Tim Deegan 06-03-2012 21:23

Firefighters pension contributions will be going up to 13.3% from the 1st April, because they are already paying 11%.

There is a very good reason why firefighters can't be operational until they are 68 (you can't climb a ladder with a zimmer frame). And under employment law, if they are no longer fit enough to do what is a very physically demanding job, then they can be sacked.

I'm not going to get into an argument about this. But it's just a couple of things that people should be aware of.

Hugh 06-03-2012 21:32

You forgot to mention that the employers contribute 21.3%....

And according to this consultation document, a firefighter would need to be on £120,000 to pay an additional 2.3%.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume...df/1985324.pdf page 13

btw, I thought Hutton had recommended 60 as a retirement age for firefighters - where did 68 come from?

Tim Deegan 06-03-2012 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394278)
You forgot to mention that the employers contribute 21.3%....

And according to this consultation document, a firefighter would need to be on £120,000 to pay an additional 2.3%.

http://www.communities.gov.uk/docume...df/1985324.pdf page 13

The firefighters pension actually has the lowest employers contribution of all public sector workers.

I wouldn't pay any attention to that consultation document if I were you. We have been told what we will be paying as from the first of april. And none of are on £120,000, I can assure you of that.

By 2015 we will be paying 14%.

Hutton didn't recommend 60 as a retirement age. He said it should be considered. But the government have just decided to go ahead without considering the implications.

If you are dismissed at 59 because you are no linger fit enough to carry out the physical work, then you won't bet your pension until 68.

68 is the retirement age that the government wants to bring in. And they are pushing towards this for all professions.

Mr_love_monkey 06-03-2012 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394286)
The firefighters pension actually has the lowest employers contribution of all public sector workers.

Do you have some figures for that? (It's not that I don't believe you, I'd just be interested to see the figures)

Tim Deegan 06-03-2012 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35394289)
Do you have some figures for that? (It's not that I don't believe you, I'd just be interested to see the figures)

It's all on the FBU website. I personally only have a paper copy.

Hugh 06-03-2012 21:49

Erm, how many private sector employers contribute 21%?

Re "lowest contribution" - I work in the public sector (education), and my employer contributes 13%, so your statement is incorrect.

Re2 firefighters operational until 68, the FBU website states

Quote:

These plans include making LGPS members eventually work until they are 68, all operational firefighters work until they are at least 60
http://www.fbu.org.uk/wp-content/upl...o.-1.indd_.pdf page 1

Tim Deegan 06-03-2012 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394298)
Erm, how many private sector employers contribute 21%?

Re "lowest contribution" - I work in the public sector (education), and my employer contributes 13%, so your statement is incorrect.

I'm afraid you have wrong information. We had a meeting that went on for three hours last week with all the facts and figures (my head is still throbbing).

http://www.fbu.org.uk/?page_id=131

Mr_love_monkey 06-03-2012 21:56

Personally, I'd quite happily pay an extra 2% if it meant my employer paid 21%..

Incidentally - is your pension payout guaranteed? -i.e. does not fluctuate with the stock exchange?

Hugh 06-03-2012 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394301)
I'm afraid you have wrong information. We had a meeting that went on for three hours last week with all the facts and figures (my head is still throbbing).

http://www.fbu.org.uk/?page_id=131

You said
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394286)

So my pension fund is lying to me and all the other members re Employers Contributions of 13%?

btw, the Local Government Pension Scheme has average employer contributions of 13.6% (according to Unite)

And the NHS Pension Fund employers contributions are 14%
http://www.nhsemployers.org/SiteColl..._210709_aw.pdf

Teachers Pension Fund has contributions of 14.1% http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/em...mployers13.htm

They appear to be lower than 21%.......

Tim Deegan 06-03-2012 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey (Post 35394305)
Personally, I'd quite happily pay an extra 2% if it meant my employer paid 21%..

Incidentally - is your pension payout guaranteed? -i.e. does not fluctuate with the stock exchange?

Nothing is guaranteed. They are changing the way it is calculated, so that you get far less. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If you had spent 15 years in a career, with relatively low pay for the job, but with the promise that at the end of your career you will get a decent pension. Then I'm sure that you would be slightly miffed.

Remember 14% is a huge chunk to pay from your wages. There are many people considering pulling out of the pension scheme (which was compulsorary when I started). And if only 2% pull out, then it will actually cost the government more.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394306)
So my pension fund is lying to me and all the other members re Employers Contributions of 13%?

Like I said, I'm not here to argue. If you want all the figures, then go to the link for the FBU website.

Hugh 06-03-2012 22:18

I have just provided figures that disprove your Union's assertion...

Again, the Local Government Pension Scheme has average employer contributions of 13.6% (according to Unite)

Teachers Pension Fund has contributions of 14.1% http://www.teacherspensions.co.uk/em...mployers13.htm

Hom3r 06-03-2012 22:21

I have a private pension which I set up when I was 18 to enable me to retire at 60.

nomadking 06-03-2012 22:31

Depends on the scheme. NFPS is for people who stated from April 2006.
Quote:

How many sections are there?
Two. There is the 1992 Firefighters' Pension Scheme (FPS), which has been closed to new entrants since 5 April 2006, and the New Firefighters' Pension scheme (NFPS).
What percentage of salary do employees and employers pay?
In the FPS employees pay 11% of salaries and employers pay about 24.4%.

The retirement age has been raised to 60 for new recruits since 2006
In the NFPS employees pay 8.5% of salaries and employers pay about 11.8%.
Quote:

Overview of the offer
Following extended constructive discussions with the firefighter unions, the Department for Communities and Local Government has published a Heads of Agreement on the core parameters for reforms to the firefighters’ pension scheme.
The contents of this document relate to the Heads of Agreement that was published on 9 February.
flexible retirement from the scheme’s minimum pension age of 55, built around the scheme’s Normal Pension Age of 60
the Normal Pension Age will be subject to a regular review, which will consider if the Normal Pension Age of 60 remains relevant and will take full account of the economical, efficient and effective management of the fire service including the challenging occupational demands of operational firefighting and the changing profile of the workforce
members who retire later than the scheme’s Normal Pension Age will have their pension enhanced to recognise that the pension is taken later
The retirement age is to be based around 60, but could be from 55(reduced pension).
Quote:

Q7. What is the Normal Pension Age in the 2015 scheme, does this mean I now have to retire at 60?
The Normal Pension Age in the 2015 scheme is age 60, in line with the current Normal Pension Age in the New Firefighters’ Pension Scheme 2006. However, firefighters will be able to start to draw their pension upon retirement after reaching minimum pension age (55) with a reduction.
So the retirement age of 60 was set in 2006. Who was in government then?

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394330)
I have just provided figures that disprove your Union's assertion...

Again, the Local Government Pension Scheme has average employer contributions of 13.6% (according to Unite)

Look Hugh. As I said I'm not going to arue about it. There are people who know far more about it than me or you, who have come up with all the facts and figures on the FBU website. So just have a look on there.

Cobbydaler 07-03-2012 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394375)
Look Hugh. As I said I'm not going to arue about it. There are people who know far more about it than me or you, who have come up with all the facts and figures on the FBU website. So just have a look on there.

The FBU are totally impartial, aren't they...

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35394343)
Depends on the scheme. NFPS is for people who stated from April 2006.
The retirement age is to be based around 60, but could be from 55(reduced pension).
So the retirement age of 60 was set in 2006. Who was in government then?

What does it matter who was in government? They have been talking about this for many years.

The NFPS was never agreed to.

Quote:

Overview of the offer
Following extended constructive discussions with the firefighter unions, the Department for Communities and Local Government has published a Heads of Agreement on the core parameters for reforms to the firefighters’ pension scheme.
This wasn't actually a heads of agreement, because nothing was ever agreed. So even the title was wrong :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:19 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobbydaler (Post 35394378)
The FBU are totally impartial, aren't they...

I didn't say for a second that they are. However they aren't going to come up with information that is simply wrong. They are mounting legal challenges against the government, and they would be laughed out of court if they did.

Unlike propoganda that the government puts out to discredit anyone who is in dispute with them, the FBU don't want to take industrial action, it is a last resort. The web site is there to give members the FACTS.

nomadking 07-03-2012 00:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394379)
This wasn't actually a heads of agreement, because nothing was ever agreed. So even the title was wrong :rolleyes:

Whatever it is, it is still the Government's starting point, so claims of being forced to retire at 68 are bogus. That is unless the FBU are going to be the ones to insist on it being increased to 68.:rolleyes:

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35394382)
Whatever it is, it is still the Government's starting point, so claims of being forced to retire at 68 are bogus. That is unless the FBU are going to be the ones to insist on it being increased to 68.:rolleyes:

Just read the site, and stop putting words into my mouth.

nomadking 07-03-2012 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394387)
Just read the site, and stop putting words into my mouth.

Your claimed 13.3% is for those earning above £120,000 and that is according to the Statutory Instrument(ie the Law). No amendments with regards to age are being made at all, so it remains based around 60. That is for the more generous Final Salary scheme.
Quote:

Up to and including £15,000 11.0%
More than £15,000 and up to and including £21,000 11.6%
More than £21,000 and up to and including £30,000 12.3%
More than £30,000 and up to and including £40,000 12.4%
More than £40,000 and up to and including £50,000 12.6%
More than £50,000 and up to and including £60,000 12.8%
More than £60,000 and up to and including £100,000 13.0%
More than £100,000 and up to and including £120,000 13.1%
More than £120,000 13.3%

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 02:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35394392)
Your claimed 13.3% is for those earning above £120,000 and that is according to the Statutory Instrument(ie the Law). No amendments with regards to age are being made at all, so it remains based around 60. That is for the more generous Final Salary scheme.

Sorry I made a mistake. It is 12.3% in april this year, but is going up to 14% by 2015. But that is on top of a 3 year pay freeze dispite a pay agreement to link firefighter pay to associate technical and professional, only a few years previously. Which means a pay cut in real terms already of 11%.

The 68 year old retirement is in future plans. But as I said, for those who aren't fit enough to be operational until they are 60, they can be sacked, and won't be able to claim their pension until they are 68, because that will be the retirement age by then.

nomadking 07-03-2012 03:17

Where does it say in any OFFICIAL government plans or proposals that the age is definitely to be raised to 68? All that there seems to be is a plan to look at the age, taking into account things like the nature of the work.
Quote:

the Normal Pension Age will be subject to regular review. These reviews will consider the increasing State Pension Age and any changes to it, alongside evidence from interested parties, including unions and employers. It will consider if the Normal Pension Age of 60 remains relevant, taking account of the economical, efficient and effective management of the fire service, the changing profile of the workforce and the occupational demands of, and fitness standards for, firefighting roles
If you want to keep the final salary scheme, you have to contribute more into it.

Hugh 07-03-2012 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394375)

Sorry, that doesn't wash.

A) your link lead to a series of links, rather than something that specifically backed up your assertions
B) you appear to take the word of a FBU campaign document rather than a number of Pension Fund websites (as well as a Unite union website) - either the FBU are being misleading, or pension funds for around six million people are; which do you think is more likely?

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 10:07

Why can't the govenrment make it compulsory for all employeers to offer final-salary pension schemes for current and new employees?

And do give the claim that "they cannot afford it" becuase if they can pay large dividends and wages to excutives then they can afford it

martyh 07-03-2012 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394448)
Why can't the govenrment make it compulsory for all employeers to offer final-salary pension schemes for current and new employees?

And do give the claim that "they cannot afford it" becuase if they can pay large dividends and wages to excutives then they can afford it

because not every company pays "large dividends" or large wages to executives .Indeed not every company have executives or even pays dividends .Do you even know why a company issues shares ?and do you know why shareholders get a dividend .....sometimes
You really have to start learning about the subject you choose to waffle about .

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35394459)
because not every company pays "large dividends" or large wages to executives .Indeed not every company have executives or even pays dividends .Do you even know why a company issues shares ?and do you know why shareholders get a dividend .....sometimes
You really have to start learning about the subject you choose to waffle about .

Whatever the case Final-Salary pensions for all is possible

martyh 07-03-2012 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394468)
Whatever the case Final-Salary pensions for all is possible

No it's not. How do smaller companies afford that ?

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35394478)
No it's not. How do smaller companies afford that ?

Why don't you ask them yourself?

martyh 07-03-2012 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394491)

I don't need to i am one

gazzae 07-03-2012 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394491)

You're the person claiming its possible. You tell us.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394508)
You're the person claiming its possible. You tell us.

Accept less profits and dividends

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35394402)
Where does it say in any OFFICIAL government plans or proposals that the age is definitely to be raised to 68? All that there seems to be is a plan to look at the age, taking into account things like the nature of the work.
If you want to keep the final salary scheme, you have to contribute more into it.

The plan is to make retirement age 68 for all. The firefighters retirement age will be 60, but as I keep saying, if you aren't fit enough to be operational at 59 (which most people won't be), then you can be sacked. And then you can't claim your pension until you are 68.

gazzae 07-03-2012 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394517)

So for a small business which makes say 100k profit. Two shareholders who pay themselves a salary of 50k and take say a dividend of 25k each. This leaves them with 50k which they put back into the business.

How exactly can they afford to pay a final salary pension for how every many employees?

martyh 07-03-2012 11:15

Quote:

What dividends? .You have to realise that not every company issues shares .Small companies with maybe 10 employees will not issue shares and pay dividends and no way could they afford to contribute to pensions.
Why do think that people start companies Alan ?

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394524)
So for a small business which makes say 100k profit. Two shareholders who pay themselves a salary of 50k and take say a dividend of 25k each. This leaves them with 50k which they put back into the business.

How exactly can they afford to pay a final salary pension for how every many employees?

They should get the extra money from the dividends

martyh 07-03-2012 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394524)

Because Alan thinks the owners should be paid a basic wage the same as everybody else .The owners may have spent all their own money starting the company ,they may keep 10 people in good productive employment but they are company owners so by default are the very Devil themselves .He fails to realise that not all company owners are rolling around in wads of cash ,in fact, in my experience many are deep in dept

Hugh 07-03-2012 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394521)
The plan is to make retirement age 68 for all. The firefighters retirement age will be 60, but as I keep saying, if you aren't fit enough to be operational at 59 (which most people won't be), then you can be sacked. And then you can't claim your pension until you are 68.

Sorry, your statement appears contradictory.

It appears to be stating "everyone will retire at 68, except firemen, who will retire at 60" - am I misunderstanding something?

martyh 07-03-2012 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394527)

Again ......WHAT DIVIDENDS?

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35394525)
What dividends? .You have to realise that not every company issues shares .Small companies with maybe 10 employees will not issue shares and pay dividends and no way could they afford to contribute to pensions.
Why do think that people start companies Alan ?

To make money, businesses small and large will have to accept less profits in the future

gazzae 07-03-2012 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394533)
To make money, businesses small and large will have to accept less profits in the future

What if the company is at break even or making a loss?

Osem 07-03-2012 11:26

Quote:

Again ......WHAT DIVIDENDS?
Would sir like one of these* for the weekend?

* :banghead:

:D

You do realise you're trying to argue with Ed Miliband don't you..... :D

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394409)
Sorry, that doesn't wash.

A) your link lead to a series of links, rather than something that specifically backed up your assertions
B) you appear to take the word of a FBU campaign document rather than a number of Pension Fund websites (as well as a Unite union website) - either the FBU are being misleading, or pension funds for around six million people are; which do you think is more likely?

You can think what you want Hugh. Like I said the FACTS are there, and you can believe them or not.

The FBU don't want industrial action, it would be a last resort. They want a negotiated settlement based on FACTS. So it would be rather stupid of them to enter negotiations with fantasy figures.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35394505)
I don't need to i am one

And me

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Quote:

You are assuming that all companies make big profits.

Open your eyes, the country is in a mess, and companies are struggling :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394527)

Would that be from the magic dividend cloud? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394530)
Sorry, your statement appears contradictory.

It appears to be stating "everyone will retire at 68, except firemen, who will retire at 60" - am I misunderstanding something?

Yes you are

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394533)

Alan, in a previous thread you were trying to tell us that you were high management for a huge company...you have just blown that idea right out of the water.

Osem 07-03-2012 11:38

Don't forget, any nasty evil companies who refused to hand over all their dividends would be immediately "subject to Iran like sanctions blah blah blah....." :rofl:

martyh 07-03-2012 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394555)
Don't forget, any nasty evil companies who refused to hand over all their dividends would be immediately "subject to Iran like sanctions blah blah blah....." :rofl:

Let's face it ,in Alans world who would bother to set up a company

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394534)
What if the company is at break even or making a loss?

Then there is somthing wrong with the company

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394537)
You can think what you want Hugh. Like I said the FACTS are there, and you can believe them or not.

The FBU don't want industrial action, it would be a last resort. They want a negotiated settlement based on FACTS. So it would be rather stupid of them to enter negotiations with fantasy figures.

And me

Open your eyes, the country is in a mess, and companies are struggling :rolleyes:

Yes you are

Alan, in a previous thread you were trying to tell us that you were high management for a huge company...you have just blown that idea right out of the water.

The country is in a mess due to the rich we need to make final salary pensions the law

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35394562)

Unless it is a super airport ;)

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35394562)

In a world government, companies will either be state owned or co-operatives

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394555)

The worlds a globalised place, you need to think global

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394578)
Then there is somthing wrong with the company

There is something wrong with many companies....it's called lack of profit due to the recession...or isn't there a recession in your fantasy world?

Quote:

The country is in a mess due to the rich we need to make final salary pensions the law

You really know how to bankrupt a country don't you Alan :rolleyes:

gazzae 07-03-2012 11:56

Quote:

Then there is somthing wrong with the company[COLOR="Silver"]

You really don't have a clue.

Osem 07-03-2012 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394582)
blah blah blah....
.... you need to think ...

Whereas you just need to think full stop!

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394590)

It's like arguing with a child isn't it..... :D

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394582)
In a world government, companies will either be state owned or co-operatives

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

The worlds a globalised place, you need to think global

And in Alan's fantasy world, he will be a communist dictator :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394589)
There is something wrong with many companies....it's called lack of profit due to the recession...or isn't there a recession in your fantasy world?

You really know how to bankrupt a country don't you Alan :rolleyes:

I know there is a recession, the worst since the 1930s and was cuased by the rich themselfs (and the high risks they took and the economic system that benfits them)

My plan can be done with tax rises and a crackdown on tax evasion and avoidance

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394590)

The only people who don't have a clue are people who defend and promote a failed economic, social and poltical system :mad: :td:

Osem 07-03-2012 12:00

Apparently I just don't get it.

Well I'd be severely worried about my sanity if any of his 'arguments' made sense to me... :rofl:

Anyway his reluctance to redistribute some of his wealth to the poor are duly noted and should be borne in mind each time we're subjected to one of his sermons....

Hugh 07-03-2012 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394537)

And me

Yes you are

So are all the pension companies (Teachers, NHS, Local Government) and Unite (and Unison, who say the same thing on their website) lying? Because their facts appear to contradict the FBU facts.

So I am misunderstanding the 60/68 statement - can you help clarify it, please - will firemen retire at 60, or not?

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394597)
I know there is a recession, the worst since the 1930s and was cuased by the rich themselfs (and the high risks they took and the economic system that benfits them)

My plan can be done with tax rises and a crackdown on tax evasion and avoidance

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

The only people who don't have a clue are people who defend and promote a failed economic, social and poltical system :mad: :td:

No Alan, your plan is in cloud cukoo land, along with your airport.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394592)
Whereas you just need to think full stop!

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

It's like arguing with a child isn't it..... :D

The only people who argue like children are people who defend and promote a failed economic, social and poltical system :mad: :td:

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394596)
And in Alan's fantasy world, he will be a communist dictator :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For GOD SAKE, I am not a communist :mad: :td:

Hugh 07-03-2012 12:03

They are not defending anything - they are challenging your nonsensical postings.

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394601)
So are all the pension companies (Teachers, NHS, Local Government) and Unite (and Unison, who say the same thing on their website) lying? Because their facts appear to contradict the FBU facts.

So I am misunderstanding the 60/68 statement - can you help clarify it, please - will firemen retire at 60, or not?

Each union talks about things that concern their members. Firefighters are in a completely different situation to teachers, NHS, local government workers, etc..

So what your union tells you will apply to you. Don't try and apply what the FBU say to yourself, because that simply won't work.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394599)
Apparently I just don't get it.

Well I'd be severely worried about my sanity if any of his 'arguments' made sense to me... :rofl:

Anyway his reluctance to redistribute some of his wealth to the poor are duly noted and should be borne in mind each time we're subjected to one of his sermons....

I pay all my taxes and I have made it clear why I do not give to charity, becuase it does not make a diffence, becuase so much money is wasted on corruption etc

This is nothing more that a attempt by the defenders of a failed system to move the agurement away from the real issues! :mad: :td:

The trouble with you lot is that you are lying to yourselfs! :D

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394602)
No Alan, your plan is in cloud cukoo land, along with your airport.

The only people on cloud cukoo land are defenders of a failed economic, social and poltical system :mad: :td:

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394606)
They are not defending anything - they are challenging your nonsensical postings.

The only people with nonsensical postings are defenders of a failed system :td: :mad:

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394604)
For GOD SAKE, I am not a communist :mad: :td:

Most of your rants promote communist ideals. In fact even Twitter has 'The Communist Party UK' as 'Similar to Alan Fry'.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394614)
Most of your rants promote communist ideals. In fact even Twitter has 'The Communist Party UK' as 'Similar to Alan Fry'.

Yes, but I do not 100% agree with them, like sending people to prison camps, freedom of speech and the fact they are against Israel and these days they are now with Islamists (e.g. Respect)

I am not a Communist, Facist or any other form of poltical and relgious extremism!

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394611)
I pay all my taxes and I have made it clear why I do not give to charity, becuase it does not make a diffence, becuase so much money is wasted on corruption etc

This is nothing more that a attempt by the defenders of a failed system to move the agurement away from the real issues! :mad: :td:

The trouble with you lot is that you are lying to yourselfs! :D

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

The only people on cloud cukoo land are defenders of a failed economic, social and poltical system :mad: :td:

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

The only people with nonsensical postings are defenders of a failed system :td: :mad:

Nobody is defending the failed economic system. You need to get that into your head Alan. But there are ways of doing things that would work, and there are ways that won't. And you have to use common sense to work out which will work...something you don't seem to use with many of your ideas.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394619)
Yes, but I do not 100% agree with them, like sending people to prison camps, freedom of speech and the fact they are against Israel and these days they are now with Islamists (e.g. Respect)

You are talking about one communist country, not communist ideals. But many of your rants follow communits ideals.

Osem 07-03-2012 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394611)

Here's a novel idea, when you're next allowed out to play why not go find some homeless or needy people and give to them direct? Food, clothing, anything they need. Give them somewhere to sleep in your house even.....or is that too open to 'corruption' for you? You're successful, practice what you preach and share your wealth. :rolleyes:

BTW I don't suppose your 'world government' would be in any way subject to corruption would it? I mean there'd be no opposition, nobody to blow the whistle or stand in opposition. Sounds like a perfect recipe for nepotism and corruption to me.......

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394624)
Here's a novel idea, when you're next allowed out to play why not go find some homeless or needy people and give to them direct? Food, clothing, anything they need. Give them somewhere to sleep in your house even.....or is that too open to 'corruption' for you? You're successful, practice what you preach and share your wealth. :rolleyes:

BTW I don't suppose your 'world government' would be in any way subject to corruption would it? I mean there'd be no opposition, nobody to blow the whistle or stand in opposition. Sounds like a perfect recipe for nepotism and corruption to me.......

:clap::clap::clap:

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394620)
Nobody is defending the failed economic system. You need to get that into your head Alan. But there are ways of doing things that would work, and there are ways that won't. And you have to use common sense to work out which will work...something you don't seem to use with many of your ideas.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

You are talking about one communist country, not communist ideals. But many of your rants follow communits ideals.

I am talking about the Far-Left in gernral (most of which are also anti-EU) not the the Communist Party of the UK

I do not want to abolish Capitlism and Democracy, but they should be radically reformed!

The only people without common sense are defenders of a failed system

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394619)
I am not a Communist, Facist or any other form of poltical and relgious extremism!

Who said anything about religion???

Although you are an extremist, as your Twitter and Facebook posts clearly show.

Osem 07-03-2012 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394630)

Yes with all those rants, insults, incitements and hypocritical ramblings, how on earth does he find time to run that massive transport organisation he's in charge of I wonder? :confused:

(unless of course it's really just a trainset on his bedroom floor...... :) :D )

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394632)
Yes with all those rants, insults, incitements and hypocritical ramblings, how on earth does he find time to run that massive transport organisation he's in charge of I wonder? :confused:

(unless of course it's really just a trainset on his bedroom floor...... :) :D )

I think you have hit the nail on the head ;)

His idea of a world goverment is for a model world in his bedroom. And I've just figured out something....he only has room for one airport in his bedroom. ;)

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394624)

I do give money to the homeless and direct them to charities, but the money of the rich will make a much bigger diffrence tham me alone

Also under a "World government" I will make it clear that we are in power not for our sake, nut for the sake for Humans and Earth. There will still be a independent media (all under the BBC), if they find sometihng wrong, they can report it

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394630)

I am not a extremist, i have not anything in relation to communism and facism, all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not :mad: :td:

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394629)
The only people without common sense are defenders of a failed system

Nobody in here is defending either this government, or even the provious government. In fact if you follow many peoples posts you will see that most of us realise how we got into this mess.

However none of us are suggesting violence, murder, riots, or terrorism, unlike you do.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394632)

All you are doing is just taking this agument away from the real issues, do you come from a world were there is no such thing as a iphone or ipad?

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394637)
I do give money to the homeless and direct them to charities, but the money of the rich will make a much bigger diffrence tham me alone

Also under a "World government" I will make it clear that we are in power not for our sake, nut for the sake for Humans and Earth. There will still be a independent media (all under the BBC), if they find sometihng wrong, they can report it

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

I am not a extremist, i have not anything in relation to communism and facism, all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not :mad: :td:

And that is the really worrying thing about your rants Alan. And it is what will eventually get you locked up if you don't tone down your Twitter and Facebook posts.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394640)
Nobody in here is defending either this government, or even the provious government. In fact if you follow many peoples posts you will see that most of us realise how we got into this mess.

However none of us are suggesting violence, murder, riots, or terrorism, unlike you do.

The trouble is that real and radcal change cannot be easily achived thorugh democratic means (you and your friends have not convice me even less)

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394643)
And that is the really worrying thing about your rants Alan. And it is what will eventually get you locked up if you don't tone down your Twitter and Facebook posts.

Until you can get me direct links to world businesses and government, I cannot see why I should change what I am saying

All I want is real and radical change, what you may ask your self, how failed is the system when someone wants change, this is almost the only way to do it?

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394644)
The trouble is that real and radcal change cannot be easily achived thorugh democratic means (you and your friends have not convice me even less)

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Until you can get me direct links to world businesses and government, I cannot see why I should change what I am saying

All I want is real and radical change, what you may ask your self, how failed is the system when someone wants change, this is almost the only way to do it?

The situation is bad, and nobody will argue with that. But most people with common sense can see that most of your ideas will make things far worse. And the few ideas that you have that may work in theory are pure fantasy, and could NEVER work in practice, due to different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs.

The one thing that all sane people do know is that violence and terrorism is not an option, and never will be.

Hugh 07-03-2012 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394609)
Each union talks about things that concern their members. Firefighters are in a completely different situation to teachers, NHS, local government workers, etc..

So what your union tells you will apply to you. Don't try and apply what the FBU say to yourself, because that simply won't work.

Tim, I am applying that you stated that the FBU said that the Firemen's employers contributions were the lowest in the Public Sector at 21% (I am in the Public Sector) - I provided evidence from Public Sector pension providers and two of the major Public Sector Unions which contradicted that statement by showing their Public Sector employers' contributions were 13 - 14%.

I think that works for me....;)

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394664)
Tim, I am applying that you stated that the FBU said that the Firemen's employers contributions were the lowest in the Public Sector at 21% (I am in the Public Sector) - I provided evidence from Public Sector pension providers and two of the major Public Sector Unions which contradicted that statement by showing their Public Sector employers' contributions were 13 - 14%.

I think that works for me....;)

Well if that works for you then that's fine.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394661)
The situation is bad, and nobody will argue with that. But most people with common sense can see that most of your ideas will make things far worse. And the few ideas that you have that may work in theory are pure fantasy, and could NEVER work in practice, due to different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs.

The one thing that all sane people do know is that violence and terrorism is not an option, and never will be.

My ideas will fix the problems that we are facing and improve the way the world is run as I have stated on many occasion. Also I have taken the fact there are different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs and that most people would benefit more (which I have also stated on several occasions) and they should be able to see that, the ones that disagree will not have any choice

I do not want violence and terrorism to ever be an option for real and radical change, but based on how it can be accepted at democratic elections and the views of pretty much everyone at CF, I am not convinced that real and radical change can be done via democratic means (though I am still open to it)

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394672)
My ideas will fix the problems that we are facing and improve the way the world is run as I have stated on many occasion. Also I have taken the fact there are different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs and that most people would benefit more (which I have also stated on several occasions) and they should be able to see that, the ones that disagree will not have any choice

So that isn't true democracy then is it??? A dictator will make them comply!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394672)
I do not want violence and terrorism to ever be an option for real and radical change, but based on how it can be accepted at democratic elections and the views of pretty much everyone at CF, I am not convinced that real and radical change can be done via democratic means (though I am still open to it)

You openly promote violence, murder, riots, and terrorism on Twitter and Facebook. This isn't acceptable in a civilised society.

And Alan, please stop sending me PM's. I'm never going to be converted to your extremist views.

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 13:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394689)
So that isn't true democracy then is it??? A dictator will make them comply!!!

You openly promote violence, murder, riots, and terrorism on Twitter and Facebook. This isn't acceptable in a civilised society.

And Alan, please stop sending me PM's. I'm never going to be converted to your extremist views.

If a majority of the worlds population agree (which is the case) then they have no choice

And on what basis do you think we are in a civilised society, I mean a lot of the worlds population is in poverty (a lot of people in the UK are the same), we have many wars, many dictatorships and in all the world, the rich rul at our exepene with dire conqunces! :mad:

Still call it a civilised society?

Osem 07-03-2012 13:18

Im just wondering if Alan feels guilty being paid to be a 'senior manager' and spending so much of his time doing other things. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394697)
so many dictatorships and in all the world,.. blah blah blah

and the answer to so many dictatorships around the world is to have one great big one? :confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 13:25

Quote:

If a majority of the worlds population agree (which is the case) then they have no choice

Reality check Alan: You can't even get anyone on this forum site to agree with you. So what chance do you think you have on getting the majority of the worlds population to agree with you?

Quote:

And on what basis do you think we are in a civilised society, I mean a lot of the worlds population is in poverty (a lot of people in the UK are the same), we have many wars, many dictatorships and in all the world, the rich rul at our exepene with dire conqunces! :mad:

Still call it a civilised society?

So you want to declare war on almost all of the countries in the world, in order to force them to agree with you???

I seems to think that a certain person called Adolf tried that one :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394701)
Im just wondering if Alan feels guilty being paid to be a 'senior manager' and spending so much of his time doing other things. :rolleyes:

Yes Alan, answer the question....just how do you get away with it???

I would have thought that a senior manager for a company that employs 10,000 staff would be extremely busy during the day.

Quote:

and the answer to so many dictatorships around the world is to have one great big one? :confused: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And guess who that dictator would be?? ;)

Osem 07-03-2012 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394711)

I would have thought that a senior manager for a company that employs 10,000 staff would be extremely busy during the day.

Yes and we only have to check out his bizarre and wholly distasteful rantings elsewhere to find out what he'd do to anyone with the temerity to disagree with him.... :nutter:

gazzae 07-03-2012 13:38

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...1&d=1331127451

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 13:42

Quote:

No, that is not the case

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

My world government will not be a dictatorship :mad: :td:

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394711)
Reality check Alan: You can't even get anyone on this forum site to agree with you. So what chance do you think you have on getting the majority of the worlds population to agree with you?

So you want to declare war on almost all of the countries in the world, in order to force them to agree with you???

I seems to think that a certain person called Adolf tried that one :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Unlike this forum, most of the world are in poverty and would be richer and have job under world government. Hence most nations would agree!

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazzae (Post 35394733)

It seems to be the defnders of a failed system have lost it again! :D

gazzae 07-03-2012 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394735)

My world government will not be a dictatorship :mad: :td

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry

all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35394726)

Honestly, I would disagree, yet again you try (and fail) to move this agurement away from the real issues! :mad: :td:

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

I am talking about afterwards!

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 13:44

[QUOTE=Alan Fry;35394735]No, that is not the case[QUOTE]

So you don't feel guilty about not doing any work then???

[QUOTE=Alan Fry;35394735]
My world government will not be a dictatorship :mad: :td:[QUOTE]

But you will force those who don't agree with you to comply...isn't that what dictatorships do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394735)
Unlike this forum, most of the world are in poverty and would be richer and have job under world government. Hence most nations would agree!

Sending people down the Siberian salt mines to give them a job then eh?

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 13:47

[QUOTE=Tim Deegan;35394749][QUOTE=Alan Fry;35394735]No, that is not the case[QUOTE]

So you don't feel guilty about not doing any work then???

[QUOTE=Alan Fry;35394735]
My world government will not be a dictatorship :mad: :td:
Quote:

But you will force those who don't agree with you to comply...isn't that what dictatorships do?

Sending people down the Siberian salt mines to give them a job then eh?
No, give them decent jobs to people who are not rich in both developing and developed nations

I am doing what a lot of people want to! :mad: :td:

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 13:47

Alan I have already told you, STOP SENDING ME PM's. I'm not going to be converted by you extremist rantings

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35394756)
Alan I have already told you, STOP SENDING ME PM's. I'm not going to be converted by you extremist rantings

The only rantings that are on CF are by people who defend a failed poltical, social and economic system!

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...012/03/105.jpg

Osem 07-03-2012 16:23

So the guy who'll impose sanctions (or worse) on everyone who disagrees with his plan and will force countries to form a world government reckons it won't be constitute a dictatorship?.... :rofl:

I'm beiginning to think Alan is the definition of what went wrong with care in the community.... :D

Still fortunately for us (if not for him) we have a very powerful tool at our disposal which can render his insane rantings and far more unpleasant incitements invisible. It's called the ignore button, it's free and when scrupulously applied to this character's output, will ensure that as few people as possible are exposed to his nonsense.

I'm expecting Iran style sanctions to be imposed on me the moment I hit that button..... :D

Alan Fry 07-03-2012 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394853)
So the guy who'll impose sanctions (or worse) on everyone who disagrees with his plan and will force countries to form a world government reckons it won't be constitute a dictatorship?.... :rofl:

I'm beiginning to think Alan is the definition of what went wrong with care in the community.... :D

Still fortunately for us (if not for him) we have a very powerful tool at our disposal which can render his insane rantings and far more unpleasant incitements invisible. It's called the ignore button, it's free and when scrupulously applied to this character's output, will ensure that as few people as possible are exposed to his nonsense.

I'm expecting Iran style sanctions to be imposed on me the moment I hit that button..... :D

It will not be a dictatorship at all, but a strong democracy. Also pressing the igoring button, means you have lost the agument and you have failed! :p: :D

Also the only insane people that are on F are people that defend a failed political, social and economic system!

Hugh 07-03-2012 16:30

"igoring" button - sounds like a good modification to the forum....

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394857)
It will not be a dictatorship at all, but a strong democracy. Also pressing the igoring button, means you have lost the agument and you have failed! :p: :D

A "strong democracy" imposed on people - must be a new definition of democracy I hadn't come across before......:dozey:

martyh 07-03-2012 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35394853)

KABOOM you dirty capitalist :D

Tim Deegan 07-03-2012 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Fry (Post 35394857)

Also the only insane people that are on F are people that defend a failed political, social and economic system!

http://www.80stees.com/images/produc...ool-T-link.jpg

I'm being serious now Alan, so don't take this the wrong way. But I really do think you should seek psychiatric help.

If anyone I knew was beaving the way you do, and coming out with such rants, then I would seek help for them.

Please consider it before you self destruct, and end up in full time care.

Like I said, this isn't a joke, I'm being serious, as I am really concerned about you.

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35394859)
"igoring" button - sounds like a good modification to the forum....

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

A "strong democracy" imposed on people - must be a new definition of democracy I hadn't come across before......:dozey:

I think a warning button, where it flags up a warning sign would be good also.