Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : BBC Red Button (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33686927)

Henkesghost 25-04-2012 07:01

Re: BBC Red Button

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35418862)
See, you're doing it again! Who are these "many others" and how do you know it is good enough for them?

Any sports fan would want the reminder function. Leaves you free to get on with other things without watching the clock knowing that tv will change over in time for game. Denphone is spot on, reminder for any sports fan is a must.

denphone 25-04-2012 07:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35418862)
See, you're doing it again! Who are these "many others" and how do you know it is good enough for them?

Doing what again?.;)

Stephen 25-04-2012 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henkesghost (Post 35418863)
Any sports fan would want the reminder function. Leaves you free to get on with other things without watching the clock knowing that tv will change over in time for game. Denphone is spot on, reminder for any sports fan is a must.

I always manage to remember when something I want to watch is starting ;) never missed a football match since getting TiVo.

Itshim 25-04-2012 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35418874)
I always manage to remember when something I want to watch is starting ;) never missed a football match since getting TiVo.

Well done you:)

geordiechris 25-04-2012 21:16

Why isn't the BBC red button not working for the snooker on TiVo?? It works perfectly on my freeview and my V+HD box but not at all on the tivo all it brings up is last weekends formula 1 highlights page and to the right of that under 'LIVE' it just shows which F1 is coming up next.

denphone 25-04-2012 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by geordiechris (Post 35419204)
Why isn't the BBC red button not working for the snooker on TiVo?? It works perfectly on my freeview and my V+HD box but not at all on the tivo all it brings up is last weekends formula 1 highlights page and to the right of that under 'LIVE' it just shows which F1 is coming up next.

Its because the BBC so far have just decided to put F1 on it and because of that it quite clearly shows that the BBC have a lot of work still to do to make this app the finished product..

geordiechris 25-04-2012 21:20

Thanks Den, much appreciated. Saves me ringing CS to see if it's a fault :D

Itshim 27-04-2012 14:07

See Tivo is getting a right pasting on Virgins help & support forum (. sorry still don`t know how to link).
Fanboys to the barricades, man the defenses Virgin expects etc.

denphone 27-04-2012 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35419896)
See Tivo is getting a right pasting on Virgins help & support forum (. sorry still don`t know how to link).

Which areas are you talking about Victor.;)

Itshim 27-04-2012 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419905)
Which areas are you talking about Victor.;)

TiVo - Help & Support Forum

Just look at latest postings Red button Etc :dozey:

denphone 27-04-2012 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35419909)

l see you know how to link now then.:tu:

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35419909)

Yes but you are forgetting one thing my dear chap and that BBC are wholly responsible for putting out the BBC sports app and that includes what content is available on there at present.

nstokes 27-04-2012 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35419911)
l see you know how to link now then.:tu:

---------- Post added at 14:47 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Yes but you are forgetting one thing my dear chap and that BBC are wholly responsible for putting out the BBC sports app and that includes what content is available on there at present.

Its about time BBC hurry up and finish it

passingbat 27-04-2012 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35419896)

Yep, the majority of people who post on there are pretty much a lost cause in that they suffer from the delusion that V+ is better than Tivo. Best not to wake them up and just leave them there, living in their quaint world of technology from the past. :D

kop32 27-04-2012 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35419918)
Yep, the majority of people who post on there are pretty much a lost cause in that they suffer from the delusion that V+ is better than Tivo. Best not to wake them up and just leave them there, living in their quaint world of technology from the past. :D

Where as on here the majority are quite happy to but up with a half baked system and pay an extra £5 to do so,best not wake them up eh!!:rolleyes:

devilincarnate 27-04-2012 15:11

And we wonder why people do not post on here that much now:erm:

I'am using Windows 8 at the moment and that is half baked? People need to move on?