Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Southern rail strike talks to be held on second day of commuter misery (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704122)

Arthurgray50@blu 13-12-2016 17:58

Southern rail strike talks to be held on second day of commuter misery

http://news.sky.com/story/southern-r...k-out-10694097

Firstly, let me say that yes, l do agree with strikes. BUT, l blame Mr Grayling, and the Government for NOT getting involved with discussion with the Rail Unions.

Its no good Grayling telling the workers, to get back to work. The rail Unions are protecting there members and the commuters

I had to think that when they were on strike, Commuters said the service was that poor. They didn't know they were on strike. That's how bad the service is.

The Government must take this service back. And tell the Main company to get knotted

jamiefrost 13-12-2016 21:14

Re: Southern Rail Strike

It's quite simple, if trains without guards are dangerous show me the stats where the current trains without guards have more accidents.

Driver only trains have been operating for 30 years, if the're not safe how do they keep going. The London underground has no guards but thousands and thousands of people use it
daily.

JF

nomadking 13-12-2016 21:17

If they unions "gave in", what would be the situation in say, a years time? Where there are currently guards, there would still be guards. So what is the problem? They keep saying "keep the guards on the train", well they're staying there anyway.

Osem 13-12-2016 21:38

One thing you can be certain of is that it's not about wages... :rolleyes:

nomadking 13-12-2016 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35875659)

Or helping the passengers.:mad:

Ken W 13-12-2016 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35875604)
http://news.sky.com/story/southern-r...k-out-10694097

Firstly, let me say that yes, l do agree with strikes. BUT, l blame Mr Grayling, and the Government for NOT getting involved with discussion with the Rail Unions.

Its no good Grayling telling the workers, to get back to work. The rail Unions are protecting there members and the commuters

I had to think that when they were on strike, Commuters said the service was that poor. They didn't know they were on strike. That's how bad the service is.

The Government must take this service back. And tell the Main company to get knotted

My suggestion is to bash their heads together lock in a room until all parties om and mot let them out until they have a full agreement.

nomadking 13-12-2016 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken W (Post 35875673)
My suggestion is to bash their heads together lock in a room until all parties om and mot let them out until they have a full agreement.

And what should that agreement say? They've already said that they intend to keep guards on the train until 2021.

TheDaddy 14-12-2016 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35875675)
And what should that agreement say? They've already said that they intend to keep guards on the train until 2021.

And then get rid of them

Ken W 14-12-2016 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35875688)
And then get rid of them

They should tell the staff that are on strike that they should reapply for their jobs and it will be at the rail companies terms, if they choose not to reapply they will be stacked.

TheDaddy 14-12-2016 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken W (Post 35875692)
They should tell the staff that are on strike that they should reapply for their jobs and it will be at the rail companies terms, if they choose not to reapply they will be stacked.

And that's why I support the workers and their right to withhold labour every time

Mr K 14-12-2016 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken W (Post 35875692)

And if there's an accident Ken, sack the managers? All about money from both sides, passenger safety is way down the list.

TheDaddy 14-12-2016 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35875699)
And if there's an accident Ken, sack the managers? All about money from both sides, passenger safety is way down the list.

Staff saftey isn't way up Ken's list, he wants them stacked if they don't agree to be rode roughshod over, still at least they'll look neat and tidy

Damien 14-12-2016 08:47

I was reading in Private Eye that the government is liable for the compensation for passengers per the terms of the agreement with the franchise :spin:. As with most of these deals the profits go to the company and their shareholders and the liabilities are met by the taxpayer. It's a massive scam.

heero_yuy 14-12-2016 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35875659)

It's about the unions trying to bring down a legitemate government as they have lost a creditable opposition party. Expect much more of this nonesense all the while Labour languish under Corbyn.

Trains without guards operating doors run on over 30% of the rail network. If it was unsafe why would that be allowed?

ianch99 14-12-2016 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35875709)
It's about the unions trying to bring down a legitemate government

Funniest thing I have read for weeks. Thank you!