Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anger issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705234)

MalteseFalcon 05-08-2017 21:51

Anger issues

Can anyone give me some useful advice please as to how to deal with anger? Lately, I have been getting really angry and have ended up a few times attacking a brick wall with my fists. I need to find a way to channel my anger without losing it with innocent coworkers and managers. Thanks for any tips. I have been referred for anger management, but can take up to a month just for an initial assessment!

Dude111 06-08-2017 08:56

Im sorry your going thru this........ With the way things are in the world now I MYSELF AN VERY ANGRY most times so I know how ya feel!!!!

I will say a prayer things calm down for ya https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2015/03/23.gif

Maggy 06-08-2017 09:11

Re: Anger issues

I would say normally go and see your doctor but the way things are going that could take time to get an appointment before getting any chance of a referral these days.

denphone 06-08-2017 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35911003)
I would say normally go and see your doctor but the way things are going that could take time to get an appointment before getting any chance of a referral these days.

Several weeks now for many in trying to get a appointment and even then they will avoid referring you for many many months unless its very serious.

Hom3r 06-08-2017 11:26

I myself deal with it playing video games, like GTA V.

Running around with a RPG or heavy machine gun going on a rampage.

This helps me vent.

Ramrod 06-08-2017 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35910958)
Can anyone give me some useful advice please as to how to deal with anger? Lately, I have been getting really angry and have ended up a few times attacking a brick wall with my fists. I need to find a way to channel my anger without losing it with innocent coworkers and managers. Thanks for any tips. I have been referred for anger management, but can take up to a month just for an initial assessment!

Sounds obvious but firstly you need to identify the true cause of your anger. Only then can you begin to work out how to try to deal with it.

daveeb 06-08-2017 11:35

Physical activity is beneficial and gives you a bit of a feel good buzz afterwards. If you're into team sport or running etc i'd recommend that.

Taf 06-08-2017 12:35

Determine what angers you and face it head on?

nashville 06-08-2017 13:45

Sorry you feel this way, I guess it is not easy to control , but thinking out loud to yourself, Why am I like this, look at the good things in your life that make you happy, what are the things that upset you and say " What can I do about it without making my blood boil. Try to stop count to ten even try to think of something funny and say to yourself. To hell with it I must not let it upset me, as your health comes first,

Osem 06-08-2017 14:20

Take up a martial art like karate, there are loads of clubs around and session times to suit everyone. You don't have to be super fit, it's great for general wellbeing, mental health, self control and so many other things, plus there's a social side which would enable you to meet new people with a common interest. Over the years I've seen many an angry young testosterone fuelled man change completely as a result of the discipline and hard work involved. It's great for self confidence too.

heero_yuy 06-08-2017 14:34

Take along walk in the country. Just let your troubles drift away.

Maggy 06-08-2017 16:37

I'm lucky to live 5 minutes from a beach. Nothing like some time walking and sitting listening to the waves pounding on the shore. Another plus is meeting the dogs and their owners.A doggy greeting is worth a lot in making you feel more at peace with the world.

weenie 06-08-2017 19:27

If you find yourself getting angry then remove yourself from the situation then you can decide the best way deal with the situation and Mark remember that you do not have to respond to most situation's immediately.

As others have suggested physical activity running, jogging, going for a walk, weight training, cycling, yoga, martial arts (there are many to pick from), swimming, boxing even meditating.

Like Osem has said in regards to martial arts I have also witnessed many change due to the discipline and hard work involved just remember if you do try a martial art and you do not like the one you have tried there are many to choose from take my eldest and hubby they loved Taekwondo whereas my youngest hated it but he loved and really came out his shell with Judo.

Mark baby steps is what is needed here then before you know it you will have changed your way in thinking and acting, I know if someone said I would be able to say no without the feeling of guilt I would not have believed them. It is all about training your mindset.

:ghugs::sorry::ghugs:

moriah 07-08-2017 02:48

Sorry to hear about your anger issues. You can try to do physical activities like walking to subside your anger. Also, you can divert your thought. Think of the things that make you laugh instead of things that can trigger your anger.

Mr K 09-08-2017 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35910958)

I find swimming or going for a long walk, can be a good way to get rid of anger/stress. Anything physical that takes a long time and isn't too intense.