Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mans 3hr rant and running commentary trying to cancel VM contract. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703484)

alanbjames 21-08-2016 18:23

Mans 3hr rant and running commentary trying to cancel VM contract.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...0f78b2b49ec09?

pip08456 21-08-2016 19:36

Re: Mans 3hr rant and running commentary trying to cancel VM contract.

Love it. All should re - tweet all of it, it may give Virgin something to think about and make customer service better.

Stephen 21-08-2016 20:14

They better not make it that difficult for me when I call next week!

Paul 22-08-2016 17:35

LOL, terrible, but funny :D

Horizon 22-08-2016 18:03

Call centre staff in all companies work under strict time controls, sometimes even how long they use the toilet for is timed.

I think this person is just one big attention seeker and has made the whole thing up.

Mr K 23-08-2016 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35855307)
Call centre staff in all companies work under strict time controls, sometimes even how long they use the toilet for is timed.

I think this person is just one big attention seeker and has made the whole thing up.

Mmm. It sounds all too true to me.

setch 23-08-2016 12:30

There must be a law against them extending your contract to 12 months every time you make a slight change to your package. I have been with VM and its predecessors for many many years and now I want to switch to SKY Q, I am told that I am locked into a contract and it will cost me 240 quid to get out of it. All because I made a change a few months back.

martyh 23-08-2016 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by setch (Post 35855430)
There must be a law against them extending your contract to 12 months every time you make a slight change to your package. I have been with VM and its predecessors for many many years and now I want to switch to SKY Q, I am told that I am locked into a contract and it will cost me 240 quid to get out of it. All because I made a change a few months back.

Wait till they raise the cost and use that to get out of the contract ,i believe there is another price rise on the horizon .

I do agree though changing packages or internet speed should not mean a new contract

S_james 23-08-2016 19:44

I think you'll find examples of this with Sky, Vodafone, Three, BT, Talktalk, ect ect.

You'll also find examples of people cancelling Virginmedia with 10 minutes. Also in that it says he was asked to hang up but refused. The agent would not of wanted to hang up on the customer without "completing" the call.

Or you have customers ringing up declaring they were going to do this or that but the agent hung up.

Gary L 24-08-2016 23:13

I think it's funny how Virgin Media are always associated with monkeys answering the calls.

Makes you think now though. I know someone who had an email from them saying they just need to click this link and their broadband will be upgraded. yeh right. new contract alert!

We want to make sure you can do more of the things you love online. So we’re boosting your broadband speed to up to 70Mbps at no extra cost. No strings. No catches.
Simply push the button above

They must think people are stupid. if it's free then don't make them push the button!

RichardCoulter 30-08-2016 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35855823)
I think it's funny how Virgin Media are always associated with monkeys answering the calls.

Makes you think now though. I know someone who had an email from them saying they just need to click this link and their broadband will be upgraded. yeh right. new contract alert!

We want to make sure you can do more of the things you love online. So we’re boosting your broadband speed to up to 70Mbps at no extra cost. No strings. No catches.

They must think people are stupid. if it's free then don't make them push the button!

I'd have definately challenged them if they tried that with me.

johnathome 01-09-2016 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35855823)

That's exactly the reason i never pushed the button, they just upgraded me eventually.