Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   address from a phone number (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33666163)

spike47 12-06-2010 14:56

address from a phone number

Hi there

Is there anything on the Web that I can use to find a address from a phone number.

cheers and thanks

spike

*sloman* 12-06-2010 15:17

Re: address from a phone number

Not that i know of and a quick google search doesn't bring anything back. The police will have access to this information if your getting threatening or abusive calls.

whitewineandsoda 12-06-2010 15:20

A few times I've got an address by googling the phone no, but they have usually been business no's.
If it's a nuisance call go to http://whocallsme.com/

Wad_2002 14-06-2010 17:42

Just out of intrest...why would you want to know?

toojohnny 23-08-2010 19:47

Hi, I too would like to know if there is a reliable way to obtain an address from just a phone number. Simply putting the number into Google doesn't really help, as it just gives the (possible) general area. Is it possible to home in on the actual address? And no, this isn't for stalking purposes! I may need to take legal action against someone who tried to stitch me up. He's not being forthcoming with any details! I do have his home phone number though. Any real help will be greatly appreciated. :)

Kymmy 23-08-2010 19:50

Short answer is No, if it's not associated to an address via something like an internet advert/report that you can google then you're not gonna find it

RobboEdin 23-08-2010 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by toojohnny (Post 35077829)
Hi, I too would like to know if there is a reliable way to obtain an address from just a phone number. Simply putting the number into Google doesn't really help, as it just gives the (possible) general area. Is it possible to home in on the actual address? And no, this isn't for stalking purposes! I may need to take legal action against someone who tried to stitch me up. He's not being forthcoming with any details! I do have his home phone number though. Any real help will be greatly appreciated. :)

If it is criminal action then the police will need to be involved and they presumeably can put an address to a telephone number.

If it's a civil case then I don't really think there is any way to get access to this information. Do you know the person's name and roughly where they stay?

toojohnny 23-08-2010 22:54

Hi Kymmy/RobboEdin,

Yes, it would be a civil case - if it needs to get that far. Car Dealer sold me a car that has couple problems with it - making it unroadworthy.

Was told by Autotrader that the Police/Trading standards would have to give them the thumbs up to release info to me. TS have already quashed that (citing Data Protection) and I know Police will do the same.

I have the guys first name only, and I know where he works out of - but it's not a shop as such - more like a Portacabin. Should have got more info at the time - hindsight!

Saw one of these other threads, and you got people acting like it was/is easy to get an address from a phone number - maybe not after all eh?

Thanks for your replies.

Kymmy 23-08-2010 22:57

Is the company registered? If so then you can normally get the directors details

*sloman* 23-08-2010 23:05

if you know his name and where he may live say nottingham, 192.com holds a serious amount of information about people. you do have to pay to view the info but think its only a few quid.

Typing in my name and the city i live in bought back my age range who i live with for free, for a few quid it will let me view everything.

there are sites that claim to be able to tell you but want £30, try and befriend a BT engineer see if they can help ;)

toojohnny 23-08-2010 23:05

Hi Kymmy,

No, I don't think he is. Think Arthur Daley.

So annoying - I have 2 numbers for him, and 1 is clearly residential. They go on about these reverse directories available everywhere, but I can't get one to work so far!

I guess If I had a friend in the Police, or at BT....

:angel:

Kymmy 23-08-2010 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by toojohnny (Post 35078033)
I guess If I had a friend in the Police, or at BT....

would you seriously ask a friend to break the law for you???

:rolleyes:

toojohnny 23-08-2010 23:11

Seems strange to me. You buy a car from a dealer, and you're protected by the Sale of Goods Act - yet Data Protection stops you finding out any missing info you might need?

Remind you of anything?

Buying numberplates off one Goverment department (clearly sold as words which you need to mis-space to achieve)

And then getting pinched by another goverment dept - ie the Police.

I wouldn't consider it as breaking the law. I need his details to be able to take him to court - which the goverments own legislation would allow me to do?!

Kymmy 23-08-2010 23:17

What about taking the company to court (sole trader or limited) then he'd have to respond back to the court with the company's owner or directors details

Have you actually talked to a solicitor? Also what documentation did you get with the car in the form of contract/reciepts..etc...

toojohnny 23-08-2010 23:27

Yes, have talked to a solicitor. Advised me to write to him - which I have done at the business address.

I got a hand-written piece of paper with a squiggle on it when I bought the vehicle.