Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How many days holiday a year do you get? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33669129)

Uncle Peter 03-09-2010 01:42

Re: How many days holiday a year do you get?

Quote:

Originally Posted by superbiatch (Post 35084536)
That's quite good, my oh's company don't do the same even though he often flies out on Sunday night or Monday morning (very early!) returning late on Friday night. Sometimes it's barely enough time to get the washing dry before he's off again!

That's a bit unfair, they could at least give him the option. Being entitled to it though is a different kettle of fish to being in a position to take it as we all have to do what needs to be done which leaves little time for anything else as you say.

superbiatch 03-09-2010 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Peter (Post 35084538)
That's a bit unfair, they could at least give him the option. Being entitled to it though is a different kettle of fish to being in a position to take it as we all have to do what needs to be done which leaves little time for anything else as you say.

Well when he took the job it was for 2 days per week in northern Ireland with the rest being home based as he's in IT so could VPN in, but with the recession hitting his company are taking advantage in my opinion. But like he says he's lucky to have a job..

frogstamper 03-09-2010 23:58

I get 25 days annual paid holiday, and however many bank holidays and public holidays.
Looking at that list the French don't half have a good work life balance "if you can find a job", more paid holidays than anybody else and a thirty five hour week.:)
It comes as no surprise that the US screw their employee's down to literally no holiday entitlement at all, what else can you expect from the "I'm alright Jack" society.
Both France and the US are at the extremes so I guess we in the UK have it about right.

Tezcatlipoca 04-09-2010 00:38

I get...

25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + the three working days between Christmas Day & New Year's Day.

alferret 04-09-2010 07:44

I get 24 days plus stats, 32 in total. But for 3 of those days I have to work on a friday for 1/2 hr for free, unpaid on the wages until holiday is taken and 1 of those days is for long service. We get these holidays paid in hourly chunks, 188hrs.

Ignitionnet 04-09-2010 14:07

The equivalent in hours of 25 standard days - 187.5 hours - however I work a longer day than this so works out at slightly less than 20 days a year. Bank Holidays are in addition this.