Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : General TiVo Discussion Part 3 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685747)

denphone 21-02-2012 16:41

Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35385778)
But I so hate being disappointed :D

And l am sure you will not be.:D

Media Boy UK 21-02-2012 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35385767)
BBC Apps and Sky Sports Red Button will launch during March and complete in very early April according to NickO on the Community Forum :)

Looking forward to the BBC Apps personally :)

That will keep someone we know happy.

AndyCambs 21-02-2012 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35385787)

For the moment!

Gavin-D 21-02-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35385767)
BBC Apps and Sky Sports Red Button will launch during March and complete in very early April according to NickO on the Community Forum :)

Looking forward to the BBC Apps personally :)

Excellent news, just in time for the end of the football season and the World snooker.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Risco 21-02-2012 17:59

Any news on the qwerty slideout keypad remote?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/13.jpg

denphone 21-02-2012 18:13

l have heard nothing more about it at this present time but it would be a nice addition when it does arrive..

andy_m 21-02-2012 19:00

Hasn't it been reported by some that, albeit some of the buttons are different so it doesn't necessarily do everything, if you but an American one online it will work with the Virgin Tivo? Or have I imagined that?

Ardbeg1977 21-02-2012 20:20

No you didn't imagine it, it does work. I ordered one from Amazon.com before Christmas (£39.48 including shipping & import tax). You plug a bluetooth dongle into the USB port at the back of the Tivo. It has infra-red, as well, so you can program it to switch your tv on and off at the same time as your Tivo box. Although on mine, they don't always sync together. No My Shows button - you press the Tivo button twice, instead. The coloured buttons are different but the functions are in the same place, so red button services are on the first button from the left, in this case the yellow button. Yellow functions are on the red button. Green and blue are reversed, too, but the functions are also in the same positions. Keypad works in the new You Tube app but not in the old one. Also, symbols don't seem to be recognised but that may be due to lack of support in the app. The remote is backlit and overall I'm very pleased with it - a definite improvement on the supplied remote.

Itshim 22-02-2012 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardbeg1977 (Post 35385913)
No you didn't imagine it, it does work. I ordered one from Amazon.com before Christmas (£39.48 including shipping & import tax). You plug a bluetooth dongle into the USB port at the back of the Tivo. It has infra-red, as well, so you can program it to switch your tv on and off at the same time as your Tivo box. Although on mine, they don't always sync together. No My Shows button - you press the Tivo button twice, instead. The coloured buttons are different but the functions are in the same place, so red button services are on the first button from the left, in this case the yellow button. Yellow functions are on the red button. Green and blue are reversed, too, but the functions are also in the same positions. Keypad works in the new You Tube app but not in the old one. Also, symbols don't seem to be recognised but that may be due to lack of support in the app. The remote is backlit and overall I'm very pleased with it - a definite improvement on the supplied remote.

Was thinking about looking when next in the states but I dont think I will given the use this instead of that . I use the remote with out looking at it for the most part. Life it to short to "train myself" to do all that as well :D

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35385787)

O lord what will I do then. All kidding aside. Full red button & reminders are all I was ever looking for on the Tivo. As I said many times before things there I have no use for, but all in all it that will make as good as I think it can get. There I have said it.:p:

borrissey 23-02-2012 21:10

It's annoying that when I set a series link for a programme it doesn't record it if it changes channel. Happened today with the prem league darts it moved from sky sports 1 hd to sky sports hd 2 so it didn't record. Its done it before.

Digital Fanatic 23-02-2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrissey (Post 35387222)
It's annoying that when I set a series link for a programme it doesn't record it if it changes channel. Happened today with the prem league darts it moved from sky sports 1 hd to sky sports hd 2 so it didn't record. Its done it before.

No PVR can do that AFAIK as series links are channel specific.

andy_m 23-02-2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by borrissey (Post 35387222)

Set up a wish list instead.

Digital Fanatic 23-02-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35387228)
Set up a wish list instead.

Good idea :tu:

Lew 23-02-2012 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35387227)

True. I had the same problem on my V+ when Sky Sports had the rights for The Ultimate Fighter as they kept moving it round so I missed half the episodes.

Perfect Choice 23-02-2012 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35387227)

Tivo could if they added the wishlist capability (so the S/W code is already in place) to search any channel to a series link or individual recording. It would actually be an extremely useful feature which Tivo has all the components to deliver. Thye just need to enhance what they already have in place.